Firs off, thanks for all the info. I have been lurking and find this site to be a great resource.

To make a long story short; I've been having problems with the GPS function of my Storm.

I was on the phone with tech-support and he told me to erase and re-install the program (not just the service book). I was hesitant as I was afraid I would loose the program completely. But as I would likely have to DOA the phone anyways, I did it.

I should have trusted my instinct. BB Maps is now erased from my Storm and I cant think of how to get it back.

Anyone have suggestions? Links to a download source? Able to copy the program from their Storm and post for me to download?

Thanks gents.
    12-13-08 03:36 PM
    I have a similar problem with my Storm. During transfer between old BB and my Storm I lost several programs which included Maps. I was able to reinstall by using the desktop software add/remove applications area but now the GPS functionality is gone. I have Maps back on the device but no option GPS features (including turning on and off the GPS).

Any help would be appreciated.

FritterFratter
    12-13-08 04:27 PM
    go through the DM under add/remove applications and check it off and your golden
    12-13-08 04:32 PM
    go through the DM under add/remove applications and check it off and your golden
    Thanks for the reply. I gave this a shot, but it's not even an option for me to add/remove. It is non existent on DM.

The tech-support person had me delete the application completely from the device, so it is strange the DM does not have it.
    12-13-08 04:33 PM
    try hitting update once in the DM?
    12-13-08 04:34 PM
    what are you running .75 or .76
    12-13-08 04:35 PM
    Applejuice1 did you try the link on the BB site?

Do a google search for blackberry maps. It's the first link. I'd post in here but I have less than 10 posts so it won't let me.

FritterFratter
    12-13-08 04:38 PM
    try hitting update once in the DM?
    Hitting update worked... Thank you!!!! and sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Any wisdom/insights into the broader problem our fellow poster FritterFratter and I are having, with GPS not working with BB MAPS?

I am running .76
    12-13-08 04:38 PM
    12-13-08 04:41 PM
    There we go.....make sure to turn on the location on under GPS services
    12-13-08 04:42 PM
    That did it! Thanks for the info.

FritterFratter
    (long time forum crawler, short time member)
    12-13-08 04:44 PM
    YOU will be addicted now, you Crackhead...lol
    12-13-08 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD