I unlocked my Storm 9530 today on ATT. Phone works fine, I can text and such, added blackberry service plan, followed instructions about adding the service books. However it tells me Blackberry Internet is NOT connected, and when I try to enter the Browser it says insufficient Network coverage and there is no green flashing light as BBerry is known for..PLEASE HELP
    02-04-09 09:00 PM
    I have windows vista and I am having issues with accessing CrackUtil.zip. I did everything right from downloading it, right clicking it, going under properties--> Compatability and checked the box that says "Run this program as an administrator". After all that, I made sure my unlocked BB Storm is connected to my PC and that my desktop manager is not running but stll whenever I open CrackUtil.zip, after I go through the optional password window, the CrackUtil.zip main window will open for only a few seconds before another prompt will come up to let me know that my "password is incorrect or device not connected" and that I would have to restart the program. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks..
    02-06-09 06:59 PM
    If you check your service books on the device what do you have listed?
    02-06-09 07:04 PM
    I have windows vista and I am having issues with accessing CrackUtil.zip. I did everything right from downloading it, right clicking it, going under properties--> Compatability and checked the box that says "Run this program as an administrator". After all that, I made sure my unlocked BB Storm is connected to my PC and that my desktop manager is not running but stll whenever I open CrackUtil.zip, after I go through the optional password window, the CrackUtil.zip main window will open for only a few seconds before another prompt will come up to let me know that my "password is incorrect or device not connected" and that I would have to restart the program. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks..
    I have the same issue. No passwords are set on the phone, but I get that prompt. Any help anyone?
    02-07-09 03:01 PM
    I have the same issue with my 7230 connecting to my VISTA machine ("password is incorrect or device not connected".) Tried removing battery, eliminating passwords, reinstallling DM, new USB cable. I have the issue with DM and with CrackUtil, although DM can see the device (it even notes that it's 'Connected'), it just can't do anything with it (ie, access files, etc.). Have you had any luck solving?
    02-15-09 02:56 PM
    I had that message too at first. I closed the program, disconnected the phone then reconnected and opened up crack and it worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 04:09 PM
    i was having the same problem to open crackutil you must close 100% desktop manager for bb then open as admin then you do what u have to do like removing the rim.net.bb.daemon crap to sucessfully use the browser and other cool stuff under tmobile network guys im realllly happy my phone everthing works fantastic everthinggggggg
    02-17-09 02:22 AM
    im having the same problem, any help .. i've tried all the suggestions entered on this blog ... still no success - how do you know were to find the password code or what ever so i can get beyond this step??

thanks again for your help
    02-21-09 06:38 AM
    noob here, i just tried 0000 as the password and it did not shut down.
    02-21-09 08:14 AM
    it doesn't turn off? meaning - that you can proceed to the next step?
    02-21-09 03:34 PM
    yeah it lets u go to the next step
    02-21-09 06:09 PM
    I actually use mine on at&t with no problems. Service books. Tcp/ip configure right. And the browser.daemon.cod file adjusted. I will be glad to help anyone who needs it.

02-21-09 09:17 PM
    I actually use mine on at&t with no problems. Service books. Tcp/ip configure right. And the browser.daemon.cod file adjusted. I will be glad to help anyone who needs it.

Same here...
    nandezap, you are on EDGE/edge? What OS?
    02-21-09 10:43 PM
    hi!!!!!!!!!!!well i have t-mobile but i really wanted a blackberry storm so i bought one unlocked. i put my sim card and everything seems to work ok, but the problem is that i cant use the internet and it says that "your device does not currently have any brownser configuration service book entries. please contact your service provider to enable the brownser on your device"....i went and talked to them but they just said they cant do anything about it. I tried so many things already but nothing....im very dissapointed because i cant recive/send MMS either... i kno there is a way to configure the brownser because i seen people with bb storm with t-mobile and they have internet but i just dont know how. please please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks
    02-22-09 01:34 AM
    i unlocked my storm today and used my friends t-mobile sim card and the internet worked fine, i didnt try sending an mms message though so idk about that
    02-22-09 01:41 AM

I get BBSTORM work w/ ATT, but not with internet, please help me step by step. I did follow the instruction on Wap.crackberry.com, but it still does not work. Million of thanks from "crackfone"

02-22-09 03:45 AM
    I get BBSTORM work w/ ATT, but not with internet, please help me step by step. I did follow the instruction on Wap.crackberry.com, but it still does not work. Million of thanks from "crackfone"

go to options-browser and change the defaults to medianet....that worked for me.
    02-22-09 09:48 AM
    Just a question..why would you get the 9530 for AT&T? 9500..
    02-22-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD