Ok... I am confused... Please help...
    On my storm...
    When I go into sounds...
    And then go to "set ring tones / alerts"...
    What do those settings set?
    Does it set the current active profile?
    And those 7 sound profiles can they be changed?
    Can someone please explain how those work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 08:30 PM
    Say you're using Quiet as a profile... Whatever you do in "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" will effect Quiet only. All 7 of those profiles can be customized and changed to something different than what they currently do.
    05-25-09 08:33 PM
    Say you're using Quiet as a profile... Whatever you do in "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" will effect Quiet only. All 7 of those profiles can be customized and changed to something different than what they currently do.
    Are you sure about that? Because I can set my phone to Loud, go into Set Ring Tones/Alerts and change the volume setting to 1... then when I set my phone to Normal, and check the settings in Set Ring Tones/Alerts, the volume is still set at 1.
    05-25-09 08:40 PM
    Are you sure about that? Because I can set my phone to Loud, go into Set Ring Tones/Alerts and change the volume setting to 1... then when I set my phone to Normal, and check the settings in Set Ring Tones/Alerts, the volume is still set at 1.
    Wow. What do you know... You're right! This is weird though. It kind of defeats the purpose of having different profiles, doesn't it?
    05-25-09 08:45 PM
    Okay so I just tried some stuff out on my Bold and Curve and they do what I described in my first post in this thread. Each profile is different... Which IMO is how it should be. The way the Storm works... No matter what profile you select, the settings are all the same, doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.
    05-25-09 08:50 PM
    Okay so I just tried some stuff out on my Bold and Curve and they do what I described in my first post in this thread. Each profile is different... Which IMO is how it should be. The way the Storm works... No matter what profile you select, the settings are all the same, doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.
    I thought I had read somewhere already that the preloaded sound profiles on the Storm couldn't be altered... that's why everyone always suggests custom sound profiles. I just wanted to be sure it didn't work before I pointed that out to you.
    05-25-09 08:52 PM
    Ok... I am confused... Please help...
    On my storm...
    When I go into sounds...
    And then go to "set ring tones / alerts"...
    What do those settings set?
    Does it set the current active profile?
    And those 7 sound profiles can they be changed?
    Can someone please explain how those work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The 7 preloaded sound profiles cannot be changed. The Set Ring Tones/Alerts allows you to change what sounds will play for each of the alerts, and I would call those settings your "Normal" sound profile.

If you want different sound profiles than the ones that come preloaded, you can create your own by going to Custom Profiles in that menu.
    05-25-09 08:57 PM
    05-25-09 10:45 PM
    Ummm... and how does that help us on the Storm? The Storm doesn't have an "Advanced" option in the profile list/menu. Is there something else in this thread that would be of some use? The things that can be down with preloaded sound profiles on other BlackBerrys cannot be done on the Storm.
    05-25-09 10:49 PM
    Sorry that should not have been on this thread. I had a couple open and inserted the link in the wrong spot. Good catch...
    05-25-09 10:59 PM
    Sorry that should not have been on this thread. I had a couple open and inserted the link in the wrong spot. Good catch...
    No problem... I just didn't want anyone to get confused.
    05-25-09 11:01 PM
    The 7 preloaded sound profiles cannot be changed. The Set Ring Tones/Alerts allows you to change what sounds will play for each of the alerts, and I would call those settings your "Normal" sound profile.

If you want different sound profiles than the ones that come preloaded, you can create your own by going to Custom Profiles in that menu.
    Minor clarification:

Tho there r 7 preloaded sound profiles, only 6 can't be changed: loud, medium, vibrate only, silent, phone calls only, all alerts off.

Normal is determined by customizable settings in Set Ring Tones/Alerts. Ur post is a bit unclear regarding this b/c u use phrase "i would call...your 'Normal'".
    05-26-09 04:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD