Hi All,
    So this is my first blackberry phone and i got it yesterday, The phone is unlocked through Vodafone,put in my rogers sim card, and things started working(service). It does take time to get used to the storm. As i have been reading.

I am trying to setup my emails on my phone and its not working.
    each time i go into setup->setup wizard->Email Setup, it only gives me BlackBerry Enterprise Server option.

I reinstalled the Blackberry Desktop Manager, so that i can get the BIS need to get my gmail account on the phone and that did not work.

i went to bis na blackberry com(new post's so cannot put in the URL) for rogers and each time it tells me "This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider......." The phone is unlocked through Vodafone,put in my rogers sim card, and things started working(service)

From there i went to the Vodafone bis na blackberry com website and got the same message, please help

I have no idea what to do, will be calling rogers to see if they can do anything, but i do-not think that will work as they donot support the storm.

please help
    12-23-08 05:45 PM
    Here's a few other threads that had this same error message, perhaps one of them will help you get it resolved.
    12-23-08 05:53 PM
    Here's a few other threads that had this same error message, perhaps one of them will help you get it resolved.
    Excellent example of the kind of courteous posts needed to help new folks acclimate to forum-type communities.

Cheers!
    12-23-08 05:57 PM
    Well i have to can rogers and see if they will register my pin... reading the posts/threads i have not got the error msg:"an account has already been set up with this PIN' is entirely different".

is there any other way?

i do not have all these icons on my storm? please help?
    http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o...OTMzLmpwZw.jpg

I only have setup wizard and bluetooth setup
    Last edited by crzymonkey; 12-23-08 at 06:05 PM. Reason: more information
    12-23-08 06:02 PM
    Excellent example of the kind of courteous posts needed to help new folks acclimate to forum-type communities.

Cheers!
    +1!!!........
    12-23-08 06:12 PM
    Not sure what you are referring to about the PIN error message. The link to the four threads were the exact message you typed. They said that the original carrier must release the PIN from the BIS network for it to be registered elsewhere.

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (not a regular data plan) on your account?
    12-23-08 06:14 PM
    i will re-check with them....i got it changed 2 weeks back...
    12-23-08 08:29 PM
    ok so talked to the saler and they are looking to see what they can do.... is there a list of apps that comes with the phone? i think i am missing some, like maps.
    12-24-08 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD