Hello to all !!

I bought an unlock code in internet and it does't seem to work .

It's says error code when I do it.
    I follow all the step MEPD ,MEP2 , enter the code but it says error code.

So I follow step 3 and put my other sim card in the phone and then whent
    to GMS to actived it and it work's .

Now under my sim info I see that It's sitll ACTIVE ,and under some aplication
    i can see that verizon is still there cause it display the other cell phone number .

The guy that sold me the code ,made me install a program to retreive the info on my blackberry to make sure that I gave him the good MEIP number.

Everything is ok but the code do not work since it says ACTIVE beside
    the network info .

I have email the guy but he do not answer me back and keep telling me that the code he provide me is good .

How can I make sure that my phone is unlock ?
    This phone was found in montreal by my friend and we have tried to
    contact the person but without any succes .
    So we end up with a lost locked phone registred to verizon.

Any tip will be helpfull !! I don't have any clue and do not know anything
    about blackberry phone .

I hope I was not scam trying to unlock that phone with an invalid code bought in internet by a very famous internet site .

Thank for your help
    Manoulie
    02-12-09 01:43 PM
    pLEASE HELP ME !!

MANOULIE
    02-12-09 02:09 PM
    If the phone was reported as lost or stolen, chances are that you won't be able to use the phone at all.
    02-12-09 06:37 PM
    If the phone was reported as lost or stolen, chances are that you won't be able to use the phone at all.
    Oh ****, please don't say that I found mine in a parking lot
    02-12-09 06:40 PM
    If you found the phone then hand it in! With any luck the owner WOULD have had the sense to report it so it will be blacklisted and sadly for you never work again. Do the decent thing!
    02-12-09 06:46 PM
    lmfao. nice stealing of a storm. haha. party? thats where I would have gotten mine. craigslist ftw.
    02-12-09 06:46 PM
    I just find it funny when people pay for an unlock code for a lost/stolen phone

Dont believe in karma? You should now
    02-12-09 06:48 PM
    Well I did try to do what I thought was right with the phone. I tried to call the business who was registered to the phone but not in service and I tried to email them a few weeks ago. So either they don't care or it was a business and they got another phone or had insurance, don't know. I thought of bringing it to a Verizon store to turn in but I figured they would just use it for there own purpose as there isn't any official Verizon stores around just Authorized dealers. Well I guess i can always part it out on ebay
    02-12-09 07:10 PM
    what is the purpose of unlocking a BB?
    02-12-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD