I tried update the software but it froze at loading software and now i cant turn on the device and when i connect it to the dm it recognizes it and will try to load the software but it keeps stopping and wont finish. please help
    12-07-08 10:20 PM
    PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE help!!!!!!

my phone wont turn on and wont load the software
    12-07-08 11:48 PM
    try a battery pull
    12-08-08 12:26 AM
    push the power button
    12-08-08 12:27 AM
    Hard reset?

Try searching "bricked blackberry"

You can bring it back to life.
    12-08-08 12:28 AM
    Where is DM stopping? Have you tried using the loader app directly instead of DM?

DM has acted a little wonky for me on occasion. And updating via the loader.exe app was significantly faster for me than when I used DM (load .75 + restore via DM = 1+ hours, load .76 + restore via loader = 30 minutes)
    12-08-08 01:02 AM
    Where is DM stopping? Have you tried using the loader app directly instead of DM?

DM has acted a little wonky for me on occasion. And updating via the loader.exe app was significantly faster for me than when I used DM (load .75 + restore via DM = 1+ hours, load .76 + restore via loader = 30 minutes)
    stops at loading system software and then tell me fatal error
    12-08-08 01:20 AM
    stops at loading system software and then tell me fatal error
    You have a problem with your PC and Desktop Mananger. Use another PC if needed. Either that or reboot your PC or even reinstall DM in order to try and clear up this issue.
    12-08-08 01:31 AM
    You have a problem with your PC and Desktop Mananger. Use another PC if needed. Either that or reboot your PC or even reinstall DM in order to try and clear up this issue.
    I DID THE REINSTALL AND REBOOT. DONT HAVE ANOTHER COMPUTER TO TRY IT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. THIS SUCKS. THATS MY LAST RESORT
    12-08-08 01:41 AM
    Try an older version of Desktop Manager. Don't use 4.7. Go with 4.3 or 4.5 and the downloadable exe for the current OS. Grab another good copy of that... maybe even a version released by the branding carrier of the phone instead of whatever you're using (leaked or otherwise).
    12-08-08 01:47 AM
    It might be hardware issue with your computer (maybe), try this; attempt to decrypt a DVD file or do a file conversion like MP4 to AVI and see if your computer will lock up. Most likely if its your computer hardware it will lock up and freeze your PC everytime.

I might be completely off but its worth a try..
    12-08-08 02:11 AM
    I DID THE REINSTALL AND REBOOT. DONT HAVE ANOTHER COMPUTER TO TRY IT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. THIS SUCKS. THATS MY LAST RESORT
    what happens when you try running loader.exe instead of using DM to install the OS?
    12-08-08 02:21 AM
    potsy, is the pin you have shown (hex) the same as a BB messenger pin?

I ask because several times now i have used my Hex BB Pin to authenticate things, almost like a software key.

I am just thinking its odd that the pin you have up is the same as the bb messenger pin.

so basically i am wondering if they are the same. if they are the same, that seems crazy. like i got a license of BES with my pin, anyone could have used my pin if it was posted and goten my license and then i wouldnt been able to.
    12-08-08 02:48 AM
    have you tried plugging the bb into a different usb port?
    12-08-08 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD