Okay, so my child spilled fruit punch on my cellphone and I had to buy a new one on Craigslist. I bought a Blackberry Storm 9550 which is supposedly "Unlocked" to work on any network... The seller said that he was running it on TMobile. Indeed, I placed my TMobile SIM card in the phone and it worked... until a couple hours later. The phone went back to Verizon mode - every time I tried to call I have a message from Verizon saying that the phone cannot be authorized. Later on it went back to TMobile. Midday today it is back on Verizon... has been for several hours. I don't know what to do... Please help me!

Anna
    05-24-10 06:41 PM
    Have you gone into your mobile network options and make sure it is set to GSM/UMTS?
    05-24-10 06:45 PM
    Here's what to do.. Go under manage connections then press and click mobile network options. In the window that pops up, make sure network selection mode is set to Automatic, and Network Technology set to GSM/UMTS, and lastly Network Mode set to 2G.
    05-24-10 06:49 PM
    Thanks, guys! That's it!

Now...
    -What's this thing about needing to put a PIN in the router to get WiFi? Can I not get hotspots?
    -Why is there no option for picture messaging/MMS?
    -Anything else I should know about this?

Sorry, I'm an amateur...

Anna
    05-24-10 08:31 PM
    Thanks, guys! That's it!

Now...
    -What's this thing about needing to put a PIN in the router to get WiFi? Can I not get hotspots?
    -Why is there no option for picture messaging/MMS?
    -Anything else I should know about this?

Sorry, I'm an amateur...

Anna
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? MMS requires a BlackBerry data plan.
    05-24-10 08:34 PM
    You most likely wont get MMS working on your Storm 2, be prepared for that. If you search about that subject, you will find plenty of threads on it.
    05-24-10 08:50 PM
    Yeah you will need the MMS Service books to enable the mms options and the web.
    05-24-10 08:51 PM
    A couple of other things: Follow the directions in this link EXACTLY to get your browser and MMS working on Tmobile. I am a Tmobile user, but don't use MMS very often, so I can't remember whether or not it's working on my phone.

Also, go to Options>Advanced>TCP/IP
    you need a check in the box before APN Settings Enabled. Then it should read after APN:wap.voicestream.com

PM me if you run into problems or post here.
    05-25-10 12:31 AM
    Yah, it says I need a data plan. To send a picture message?? I was doing it on a lesser blackberry before I got this one (on the same plan). And my mom does it on her Curve. Omg this can't be. I need to text pictures of my baby boy to my family. I'm so sad
    05-25-10 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD