This is weird. I was having some software trouble. Was told by tech support to do a wipe (after backing up stuff). Now everything is mostly fine, BUT...

Now when I go to set up my Gmail and Yahoo email, the options aren't there like they were before the wipe. It just seems to take me to the blackberry email.

Oh, and I updated the os to .75 before the wipe, and that is what was there after the wipe.

How do I get back to setup Gmail and Yahoo?
    12-07-08 12:08 AM
    What do you mean specifically the options arent there? Like no option under Setup > Setup email?
    12-07-08 12:09 AM
    Setup folder>setup> then it takes me to Create New Account. But it doesn't give me the options like it did before, as far as icons to set up Gmail, Yahoo like I remember it doing originally.

After I enter " I want to crete or add an email account address", it should take me to "add an existing email account (yahoo,gmail)" But that does not appear. Rather, it goes to the Blackberry Internet Service setup, never giving me the yahoo or gmail options.

I'm feeling really silly right now.
    Last edited by hal1; 12-07-08 at 12:32 AM.
    12-07-08 12:23 AM
    call Verizon. They have been extremely helpful this week with my issues on the storm. I've never been on hold more than five minutes and each tech appears to be pretty knowledgable, at least on my issues. When I did the update it wiped away my browser, called them and five minutes later it was up and running.

Just call *611 from another verizon phone if you have one and hit 3, 1, 4 and you're. If you don't have another verizon phone just call their 800 service number.

Good Luck.
    12-07-08 12:28 AM
    Try the regular setup wizard not the email specific one, it will give you user friendly ones with icons to touch for email setup.
    12-07-08 12:29 AM
    Got it. I needed to sign into my BIS account on line first, then "send service books" - voila! everything good

Hint to all - also Google your search. In this case ...

setup yahoo email blackberry storm
    Last edited by hal1; 12-07-08 at 12:56 AM.
    12-07-08 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD