so i hitt he button on the desk in class and get my phone taken away for the whole weekend because it started playing an MP3. is there anyway to DISABLE or CHANGE the function of this button? I freaking hate it, it is pointless and annoying, even if i have to like remove the top and cut a wire or something
    02-21-09 12:44 AM
    Won't the Silent profile take care of this or was the mp3 just that loud through the handset? Other than that not sure of a way to change/disable what the mute button does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 12:49 AM
    I guess I'm not understanding what happened...
    02-21-09 01:06 AM
    You press stop.
    02-21-09 01:17 AM
    so i hitt he button on the desk in class and get my phone taken away for the whole weekend because it started playing an MP3. is there anyway to DISABLE or CHANGE the function of this button? I freaking hate it, it is pointless and annoying, even if i have to like remove the top and cut a wire or something
    You were probably listening to music previously on the device and paused the song. When you are listening to music, the mute key works as a pause/unpause button when not in the music app. That is the reason why the songs started to play when you pressed it. Just like Champ suggested, you have to press stop so that this doesn't happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 01:22 AM
    Yeah I miss having a dedicated mute switch. If you had the switch to off, NO sounds would come from the device, ring tones, music play back, video, even programs.

OFF MEANS OFF with a mute toggle

the mute button does not do the same thing.
    02-21-09 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD