I love my Storm 2 but if this keeps happening I will go down and get the bold. Is the something I can change on the phone to get a better signal? It used to be fine but now it sucks maybe from .713? Any help is appreciated thank you.
    07-07-10 02:46 PM
    I love my Storm 2 but if this keeps happening I will go down and get the bold. Is the something I can change on the phone to get a better signal? It used to be fine but now it sucks maybe from .713? Any help is appreciated thank you.
    if you find 713 sucks then wipe and reinstall or downgrade. but how u know it really sucks?
    07-07-10 03:31 PM
    Have you updated your roaming? If on Verizon, dial *228, then Option 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 03:55 PM
    the problem is NOT THE OS! did someone slip an iPhone inside your Storm case?
    07-07-10 04:09 PM
    I went back to .517 yesterday for this exact reason. Dropped calls FTL.
    07-07-10 06:36 PM
    I went back to .517 yesterday for this exact reason. Dropped calls FTL.
    it's in your head. seriously. there's nothing wrong with 320, 607, or 713, when it comes to call quality/connection. I NEVER, EVER, EVER drop a call no matter where I'm at, and that includes a variety of US states. You've got other issues. (btw, my wife's S2 also NEVER drops a call)

well, on vacation for a week, I had a bad signal inside of buildings, as does everyone else, in parts of Corpus Christi, but that's not the phone's fault.
    07-07-10 06:48 PM
    If *228 doesn't help, try re-loading .607. Despite what some may say, some OS's get better reception than others, especially if you're in an area that does not have a 5 bar signal to begin with.
    07-07-10 07:15 PM
    what does *228 do? I dont want to activate roaming that will cost me more, but I get terrible signal at my home...
    07-08-10 12:52 AM
    *228 didn't help. I'll try a reload tomorrow night. Thanks for the tips!!
    07-08-10 12:52 AM
    what does *228 do? I dont want to activate roaming that will cost me more, but I get terrible signal at my home...
    it wont activate roaming, it updates you to the towers such
    07-08-10 05:11 AM
    *228 didn't help. I'll try a reload tomorrow night. Thanks for the tips!!
    there may be tower issues in your area, call big red from another phone, they may be able to sort this or send you a replacement unless you have had the phone too long
    07-08-10 05:13 AM
    it IS .713. I noticed a TON of dropped calls when I went to .713. I dialed back to .607, and although it's slower now its much better thats for sure.
    07-08-10 06:50 AM
    it IS .713. I noticed a TON of dropped calls when I went to .713. I dialed back to .607, and although it's slower now its much better thats for sure.
    not one issue with .713 been using it since the day it was launched.
    07-08-10 08:34 AM
    I'm pretty sure you're holding it wrong.
    07-08-10 09:44 AM
    i'm pretty sure you're holding it wrong.
    :d
    priceless!!!
    07-08-10 01:39 PM
    I'm pretty sure you're holding it wrong.
    hehe. he's doing SOMETHING wrong. (I never get over the nonsense about 607 or 713 killing batteries or having a lousy radio. pure BS) I've read the same crap about every official release since early 2009.
    07-08-10 01:45 PM
    Battery?..............
    07-08-10 03:14 PM
    .713 has the worst radio out of all. There is a reason robotic voice happens regularly. I also get poor signal since .713 .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 04:00 PM
    Dude I'm with you. Ever since the official upgrade my 3G and wifi signals suck bad. I am downgrading as we speak back to .607. In some locations no difference except for wifi keeps going on and off and use to be rock solid.
    07-08-10 05:39 PM
    If you're holding it with your left hand at an angle between 47 degrees and 93 degrees then you're holding it wrong.
    07-08-10 06:48 PM
    Dude I'm with you. Ever since the official upgrade my 3G and wifi signals suck bad. I am downgrading as we speak back to .607. In some locations no difference except for wifi keeps going on and off and use to be rock solid.
    Ok I went back to 607 yesterday.. Today I am so happy my phone is again working correctly. I can't believe they released that crappy version out to everyone. I love also my regular click is back. They made it click to easily with the 713 and sure you could type faster but it also made it easier to click when u didn't want to click.
    07-09-10 08:05 AM
    Ok I went back to 607 yesterday.. Today I am so happy my phone is again working correctly. I can't believe they released that crappy version out to everyone. I love also my regular click is back. They made it click to easily with the 713 and sure you could type faster but it also made it easier to click when u didn't want to click.
    good grief. a few months ago CB posters were complaining that 607 sucked. Now you complain that 607 is fine and 713 sucks. It's the same tired nonsense I see with EVERY Verizon release. there is always SOMEONE who insists that the latest official release has battery or reception issues, or as in your case, click issues. guess what? my phone's clicking is the same with 713 as it was with 607 and 320.
    07-09-10 09:55 AM
    hehe. he's doing SOMETHING wrong. (I never get over the nonsense about 607 or 713 killing batteries or having a lousy radio. pure BS) I've read the same crap about every official release since early 2009.
    good grief. a few months ago CB posters were complaining that 607 sucked. Now you complain that 607 is fine and 713 sucks. It's the same tired nonsense I see with EVERY Verizon release. there is always SOMEONE who insists that the latest official release has battery or reception issues, or as in your case, click issues. guess what? my phone's clicking is the same with 713 as it was with 607 and 320.
    Oh, thank GOD you are here to save all us IDIOTS from the clutches of stupidity.

Apparently you are the only person on planet Earth that has any intelligence? I suppose people are just posting false reports? Is it so important to immediately discredit people's posts?
    07-09-10 10:12 AM
    Oh, thank GOD you are here to save all us IDIOTS from the clutches of stupidity.

Apparently you are the only person on planet Earth that has any intelligence? I suppose people are just posting false reports? Is it so important to immediately discredit people's posts?
    LOL! The FACT remains that 320, 607, and 713 have not been the underlying cause of an epidemic of bad battery life, poor reception, or click issues.

Roll your eyes all you want, but your premise is still incorrect.
    07-09-10 10:36 AM
    How your OS effects your battery, reception and overall usage depends on what apps and themes you have installed (some do not play well with certain OS's) and what settings you have selected for your phone. With all of the third party apps/themes that some people install on these complex little computers, the days of all phones behaving the same way are gone, as is a single solution for someones similar problem. I'm not saying that all apps/themes are bad, but there are some out there that were not written by the brightest bulb.

My best advice would be to take nothing anyone says (including me) as fact. None of us have your phone set up the way you have it. If something is not working well on a new OS, try a different one. The availability of all these different OS's and the ease of installing them is one of the greatest things about having a bb.
    Last edited by grey; 07-09-10 at 04:18 PM.
    07-09-10 04:15 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD