Hello,

I am my wits end with my phone!! About 3days ago it started acting up where my touch screen seems unresponsive... if i go to write a txt message..while im typing the curser moves up to a previous message and doesnt allow me to finish typin the message...if i tap the screen in one place something else will highlight or open, and when i press my menu button i can not scroll down to my menu options below what is visible on the screen. I have backed up my phone to my computer... and i was planning on just wiping the phone... is this what i should do?? or should i just take it to a Verizon store and see if they can fix or replace my phone...Btw i have tried numerous battery pulls...( i have pulled the battery and taken out the memory card.. it works for a little while but then goes to being stuck on stupid!! any advice or help would be GREATLY appreciated...B4 i throw this phone in the street!! (P.s. its the BBSTORM 9530)
    05-15-10 08:45 AM
    mine did the same thing just before it froze up. Ended up taking it to the Verizon store. They could not do anything with it either, ended up giving me a new one.
    05-15-10 09:00 AM
    If your Storm is still under warranty, take it back to Verizon for a replacement. If it is not, did the strange occurrences happen after you installed an app? If so, uninstall the app. Is there a way to reconfigure the sensitivity of the touch screen? If so, give that a try. My guess would be in the SETUP folder. If all of that fails, then yes, I would wipe the device and reinstall the OS or an updated OS, if available. It's not difficult to do.
    yea...ive had the phone (i wanna say for almost 2years?? ive had it since it came out) So im not sure if its under warranty, I have not installed new aps recently... in fact i just did the software update about a month or so ago... I guess if i can get into my SETUP folder i can see if there is somewhere i can callibrate the screen (i did think about that before)... Now one more question... if i wipe the phone....can i restore all of my contacts and things when i hook it up to the computer where i have it backed up to?
    05-15-10 09:01 AM
    mine did the same thing just before it froze up. Ended up taking it to the Verizon store. They could not do anything with it either, ended up giving me a new one.
    oh great!! ugh!

thank you for the response though!
    05-15-10 09:02 AM
    Now one more question... if i wipe the phone....can i restore all of my contacts and things when i hook it up to the computer where i have it backed up to?

You sure can, I have done it... Glad I listened to the ppl on the forum and back up my BB every month or so
    05-15-10 09:19 AM
    You sure can, I have done it... Glad I listened to the ppl on the forum and back up my BB every month or so
    ok... thanks... i think I'm goin to try that when I get home from work 2day! and if its still skitzing then i will take it to a vzw store!

Thanks everyone who has responded to me so far! if there are any other suggestions or if you know what might be going on with it....please let me know!
    05-15-10 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD