I am new here. Have a Storm. Took a few videos on the phone this weekend but forgot to have the default save to the media card. Now the videos are on the device memory. Is there a way to transfer them to the media card using the phone? I called Verizon and they said I have to use the desktop software. I installed the software but the media manager start button is greyed out. I don't know the issue here as the MediaSync works fine.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks
    12-01-08 05:09 PM
    Couldnt you use pc windows explorer to save it onto the media card assuming you are a pc user?

Be sure to enable mass media support.
    12-01-08 05:22 PM
    Anyone know why the media manager button is grayed out? I have the same. Is it disable by verizon by some chance?

Mark Venture where are you? Might need to hit up his site to see if he has any info on it. I know he helped me out a lot with my Razr2 and enabling extra features that verizon disabled. His site is Mark_Venture's Verizon Phone Info Page - Home FYI

**Edit**Well he didn't have anything
    Last edited by CbtEngr; 12-01-08 at 05:57 PM.
    12-01-08 05:36 PM
    I am new here. Have a Storm. Took a few videos on the phone this weekend but forgot to have the default save to the media card. Now the videos are on the device memory. Is there a way to transfer them to the media card using the phone? I called Verizon and they said I have to use the desktop software. I installed the software but the media manager start button is greyed out. I don't know the issue here as the MediaSync works fine.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks
    OK,
    Options > memory > media card support "on" > encryption mode "off" > media transfer protocol(MTP) "on" > Mass storage Mode support "on" > Auto Enable Mass storage mode when connected "yes" > menu key > save...

Now
    Hook your BB up to your PC and open "my computer"
    there will be 2 new drives show up, F & G I believe,(not at home so not positive),
    double click the first one F or whatever, leave that window open and go back to my computer, open it back up and drill down to the other BB drive, now in each window, drill down to video, one will be empty, one will have your vids in it, hold down your ctrl key and highlight all your vids, right click and "cut"..
    Click in the other vid window right click and paste, sit back and watch the magic happen...
    I renamed the external storage on mine card, so I know which is which...
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 12-01-08 at 06:21 PM. Reason: i'm stoopid...:D
    12-01-08 05:37 PM
    Yes, just find where the file os on your device memory and transfer it to your media card on the device.
    12-01-08 05:37 PM
    thanks for the quick replies...I'm still trying to figure this out.

Yes, just find where the file os on your device memory and transfer it to your media card on the device.

I wish I could do this. I can't figure out how to transfer them over to the media card just using the device alone. This would be the easiest way and I was able to do this on my Pearl so it shouldn't be so difficult.

Thanks again
    12-01-08 05:41 PM
    I did everything you said but when I go into my computer there are not two new drives. Everything looks the same. Either I'm way too stupid or this device is simply not very user friendly.
    12-01-08 05:57 PM
    I did everything you said but when I go into my computer there are not two new drives. Everything looks the same. Either I'm way too stupid or this device is simply not very user friendly.
    You're not stoopid, I am, in the original BB memory settings Media Transfer Protocol "on"...duh, then retry it..sorry
    12-01-08 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD