I don't understand why every single blackberry besides the Storm has the "join conference" option. I'm referring to where you are on a phone call and receive another incomming call, and want to merge those calls together onto one line. With the Bold, you simply hit the trackwheel and just choose the "join conference" and it brings everybody together.

It makes no sense why we wouldn't have this option and the only way to get somebody on a conference is to call them by "adding participant". You would think this is a very simple feature to add into the OS!

PLEASE GIVE US THIS OPTION!!!
    02-08-09 10:38 AM
    I believe that is what the flash button is for. I've used it to add another call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 10:45 AM
    i thought flash was to switch between callers?
    02-08-09 11:15 AM
    If I receive a call and press the flash button to switch callers. I just have to push the send button and it connects for 3 way calling.

If you want to initiated conference by yourself:

# Click Add Participant.
    # Type a phone number or highlight a contact.
    # Press the Send key.
    # During the second call, press the Send key to join your first contact to the call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 11:33 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...erence-154209/

Two threads on the same thing?
    02-08-09 11:34 AM
    The flash button will toggle between the two lines but there is no "join conference" option to bring the lines together.

The "add participant" option is only for YOU to physically three way call somebody else.
    02-08-09 11:36 AM
    Yes being that this is something that should be fixed in an OS update, it is posted here as well.
    02-08-09 11:36 AM
    Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-12-09 01:14 PM
    I have read every post regarding conference calls (3-way calls) (for the storm) and I can't get it to work (os 99). In some instructions (menu key) in other threads there are suggestions ro use commands not listed on my phone (hold). I can't use the send button, I can't use add participant and join buttons. I have read the verizon instructions, and called verizon to no avail (they suggest making a call, press send, make second call, and then press send to join. If you have gotten it to work with os 99, I would appreciate your help. I was...but I don't know how I did it, able to make two outside calls and then go between them a dozen times with the flash key. I suspect now that if I had pressed send I could have joined them. But I can't recreate getting two calls going...I get a dial tone (?) when I try and make the second call. Step by step instructions that actually work for you would be appreciated. Thanks
    02-14-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD