Ok...

So I went into my local Verizon Store yesterday north of Boston and asked a bunch of questions about the Storm, its OS, updates, availability and whatnot, and low and behold, as I predicted, the guy new next to nothing. I knew more about all those issues from learning from you guys via crackberry.com.

Anyway,

I wanted to know what the most up to date firmware update is? He said that Verizon has not released one yet and wouldn't be releasing one for 2 to 3 months via a text. I asked him if he was talking about the newest one.. .76? or the one a lot of you have already installed .75. He had no idea. So guys..please clear the air for me.

What is the new firmware update? What does it do? How can one get it?

Also, is it an official release? Etc.

Thanks guys.
    12-02-08 08:21 AM
    A couple of updates have been leaked out or have made it out. According to Verizon, no official update has yet been released. I was told it will be out 12/15 by two CS reps yesterday, but other people have been told it would come out yesterday.

There is no doubt that there is a new version of the phone's firmware. It should be out soon.
    12-02-08 08:25 AM
    The VZW update to .75 will be out in the next couple weeks officially. The version we all have is not the "official" but there should be nothing different. Other than some back-end programming things the accelerometer is much faster now that i have upgraded
    12-02-08 08:28 AM
    Ok, I see. Have you installed it on your phone? If so, where did you get it?
    12-02-08 08:33 AM
    check the sticky at the top of the main page. there's detailed instructions
    12-02-08 08:39 AM
    K thank you.
    12-02-08 08:40 AM
    The VZW update to .75 will be out in the next couple weeks officially. The version we all have is not the "official" but there should be nothing different. Other than some back-end programming things the accelerometer is much faster now that i have upgraded

Alan, You say you have the upgrade and the accelerometer is much faster. But have you noticed anything about the freezing of the O.S.? Or how about when some people were typing in landscape, then a call comes in and then the screen split (one landscape, one portrait). This may not have been the actual symptom, but something like this. Basically, they couldn't answer the phone. Have you noticed any of this?

Most of the info i've read about the new .75 version is that the accelerometer is better. I want to know about the other things about it.

Thanks.
    12-02-08 08:45 AM
    when i receive a call now it doesn't do the split screen thing. it gives me a landscape screen with the same options as the portrait and when i hit answer it clicks straight over to portrait. i have also not noticed the split when in the browser like i was before. it seems to be more responsive to which way you are actually holding the phone and which direction it should display items
    12-02-08 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD