In an effort to reduce the clutter i have compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions by Storm 2 noobs and put them here for your reference. If your question isnt listed here, please do a quick search in this forum and if you cant find your answer post away.

1. Turn screen click off and use only touchscreen?

This is controlled by the OS and the OS is controlled by RIM. THe option to disable the click "could" be added in the future, but will more than likely not be added.

2. Opera or Bolt browser?

This is a personal preference. Download both and delete the one you dont like.

3. LED blinks fast and faint while on a call?

This is for face detection and is normal.

4. WIFI grey and no internet?

The WIFI symbol is grey when your are connected and turns white when you can access BIS services through WIFI.

5. OS 5.0.0.XXX just leaked. Will the official be different?

No. If a OS is leaked and then later becomes official IT IS THE SAME OS. IF THEY WERE DIFFERENT THE VERSION NUMBERS WILL BE DIFFERENT.

6. Homescreen icons not updating?

This is a OS .320 problem. Either wait for an official upgrade or update to .428 or above

7. Should I get the storm 2? should I get the Droid? Which is better?

My advice would be to take a trip to verizon and spend at least an hour typing and using each device. You could even ask the manager to unhook a display so you can use it without the cord. Also remeber Verizon has a 30 policy on returns. choose one device, try it for 15 days, then switch and keep the one you like better. No one on this site can tell you which device to buy, its up to you.

8. BBM was downloaded and installed, its in my app list but i dont have an icon?

Check to BBM isnt hidden first. check all of the folders. then make sure you have the correct version downloaded. some versions of BBM are not compatible with OS 4.7 or 5.0

9. Browser is gone?

first step would be pulling the battery. if it still isnt back go to the email settings and resend your service books

10. General slow down? lag? theme not working right?

just pull the battery. wait about a minute and put the battery back in. if it is still laggy switch back to the default theme

11. Which twitter app is the best?

you need to download a few different ones. try them all out and decide what fits you. no one can tell you what fits your taste

12. I only have BNIG as a search engine now? where is google etc?

WEll sorry to say but since verizon partnered with BING they pushed BING as the only search engine. hopefully it will go back to the orginal way soon
    Last edited by racinwarrior; 12-25-09 at 10:46 AM.
    12-23-09 09:26 AM
    Thanks... Great information.
    12-23-09 09:46 AM
    bump I feel the same way... You should also include the "Should I get S2 or Droid" in there with an answer of look in Droid section. just a suggestion although fortunately this has slowed down a bit.
    12-23-09 10:58 AM
    Sticky and bump.

Very nice job. Tired of reading the same thing over and over and over again. You might also want to add there is a blank search box that works wonders when used.
    12-23-09 11:01 AM
    Or add ( storm 2 vs Droid ) and nice write up ; )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 11:05 AM
    Amen, amen, amen
    12-23-09 11:32 AM
    I am getting tired of people being tired about people asking silly questions.

Silly questions are a fact of crackberry life.

Is the sky blue?

Will there be another bb data outage?

Will people stop asking silly questions?

Is Santa real?

Only one of these questions should recieve a no answer.
    12-23-09 11:38 AM

Is the sky blue?

Is Santa real?

oh i dont mind answering silly questions at all. learning a new device is just a fact of life and its much easier when someone can answer your silly questions. I do however have a slight problem answering the same questions over and over and over again. it takes my time away from help someone with a legit question or new problem
    Last edited by racinwarrior; 12-23-09 at 12:17 PM.
    12-23-09 12:09 PM

Is the sky blue?

Is Santa real?

Agreed, it's an open forum. Post away World!
    12-23-09 12:11 PM
    Agreed, it's an open forum. Post away World!
    and thats why there are 5 useful threads in the first 3 pages of this forum
    12-23-09 12:17 PM
    and thats why there are 5 useful threads in the first 3 pages of this forum
    Something that is not useful to you may just be useful to someone else.
    12-23-09 12:19 PM
    Halp me i lost my browser
    12-23-09 12:21 PM
    Something that is not useful to you may just be useful to someone else.

i agree.....this was not intended to start arguments this thread was to help organize multiple threads on the same topic and display the information in one place to help new BB users with common issues.
    12-23-09 12:22 PM
    you forgot to add the daily which twitter app should I use?
    12-23-09 12:29 PM
    you forgot to add the daily which twitter app should I use?

Well i guess i could. i dont want to make fun of people i just want the same 7 threads to stop
    12-23-09 02:24 PM
    Well i guess i could. i dont want to make fun of people i just want the same 7 threads to stop
    Agreed.
    10char
    12-23-09 02:27 PM
    I like the way you think. Now if only folks will read your OP...

I would suggest adding the "Help My Browser's Missing" and "I installed BBM, it's in my list of apps, but I don't have an icon!" solutions to the OP if you're so inclined. Thanks.

~jason

EDIT: One I forgot... "Before you create a thread because your device is: a) locked up; b) lagging; c) not receiving mail; d) insert miscellaneous problem here, first (with your phone powered on) remove your battery for about 30 second, then reinsert it and see if that resolves your problem. 90% of "issues" can be resolved with a battery pull, which is the BlackBerry equivalent of rebooting your computer."
    Last edited by jlsparks; 12-23-09 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Added content. ~jls
    12-23-09 02:28 PM
    Good Thread! I agree, but even if it was posted in the imaginary s2 sub forums, posted in every users sig, or posted on cb homepage indefinitely you are always gonna see those same 7 posts over and over. So either we ignore them or just answer over and over
    12-23-09 02:47 PM
    CrackBerry is a friendly forum where our over 1.8 million members come seeking solutions and hang out.... Many members are new and not yet familiar with the layout of features of the forum. Please treat other members with respect and courtesy. CrackBerry is always an open environment to discussion things...

It's important that newbies learn to search. I know that. The mods wrote a "How to Search More Effectively" post. But try to remember when you were just starting out with your first BlackBerry.

It's a internet forum where people come to hang out and ask questions and get help and suggestions for stuff from users like you all.. But This thread will not make things better.. It already has added hostility telling people not to post or create a thread.....

That is not what we want... If you are tired of reading threads of the same nature may I ask you all to skip over them and the next person who doesn't mind will help out....
    12-23-09 02:56 PM
    Yea. that's what this place is here for. Who really cares if you are tired of reading 'the same posts'. You know how to avoid this aggravation in your life??..skip over it and don't open it up and read it. Lol. Genius isn't it?

12-23-09 03:31 PM
    Yea. that's what this place is here for. Who really cares if you are tired of reading 'the same posts'. You know how to avoid this aggravation in your life??..skip over it and don't open it up and read it. Lol. Genius isn't it?

you shouldnt have to skip thru 2-3 pages of useless crap to find 5 worthwhile posts that can be answered by a looking at the nice little manual that came with the phone, looking at the FAQs in both storm 1 and 2 sections and a freaking google search.
    12-23-09 04:10 PM
    CrackBerry is a friendly forum where our over 1.8 million members come seeking solutions and hang out.... Many members are new and not yet familiar with the layout of features of the forum. Please treat other members with respect and courtesy. CrackBerry is always an open environment to discussion things...

It's important that newbies learn to search. I know that. The mods wrote a "How to Search More Effectively" post. But try to remember when you were just starting out with your first BlackBerry.

It's a internet forum where people come to hang out and ask questions and get help and suggestions for stuff from users like you all.. But This thread will not make things better.. It already has added hostility telling people not to post or create a thread.....

That is not what we want... If you are tired of reading threads of the same nature may I ask you all to skip over them and the next person who doesn't mind will help out....
    i understand your point......however no where in any of my posts did i request new members to stop posting. i am only asking newbies take 3 minutes and read the list of common problems to see if their question has been answered. im sure that ever senior member of crackberry will agree that answering the same questions again and again is just spinning your wheels and if everyone was to skip over duplicate threads the question would not get answered. this thread is not intended to bash noobs or anyone for that matter, its intended to list common problems an solutions in one place where solutions can be referenced quickly. if you would rather have 8 or 10 threads about the same topic spread over 3 pages of forums be my guest to close this thread.
    12-23-09 05:06 PM
    I believe the Mod was pointing out the fact that your thread started out with "I'm getting somewhat tired..."

Doesn't give off a real positive tone.
    12-23-09 05:12 PM
    I like the way you think. Now if only folks will read your OP...

I would suggest adding the "Help My Browser's Missing" and "I installed BBM, it's in my list of apps, but I don't have an icon!" solutions to the OP if you're so inclined. Thanks.

~jason

EDIT: One I forgot... "Before you create a thread because your device is: a) locked up; b) lagging; c) not receiving mail; d) insert miscellaneous problem here, first (with your phone powered on) remove your battery for about 30 second, then reinsert it and see if that resolves your problem. 90% of "issues" can be resolved with a battery pull, which is the BlackBerry equivalent of rebooting your computer."
    done......
    12-23-09 05:12 PM
    i understand your point......however no where in any of my posts did i request new members to stop posting. i am only asking newbies take 3 minutes and read the list of common problems to see if their question has been answered. im sure that ever senior member of crackberry will agree that answering the same questions again and again is just spinning your wheels and if everyone was to skip over duplicate threads the question would not get answered. this thread is not intended to bash noobs or anyone for that matter, its intended to list common problems an solutions in one place where solutions can be referenced quickly. if you would rather have 8 or 10 threads about the same topic spread over 3 pages of forums be my guest to close this thread.
    I couldn't agree more with the OP. I read his OP as the start of a how-to or, if you will, an add-on to the 101 series. I think that the content in this thread has been informative, that members have suggested additional common issues newer users run into, with a goal towards creating a compendium of those issues.

I couldn't *disagree* more with yester's assertion that "threads like this are not helpful." I haven't read a thing on this thread that's been insulting, demeaning, or insulting. Again, I read it as a way to help newer users in a single thread. If it reduces threads by 5 a day, that's around 1700 a year, which is a lot. If they get the same info here, in a cordial environment, they'll be LESS likely to subject themselves to ridicule and flames when they create a new thread on a common issue, which, no doubt, you would close and blame the flamers. The only negative that I've seen come out of this thread is the extraordinarily abrupt direction to me to edit my signature line because it didn't conform with the signature line TOS. Which, of course, I've done. While newer members deserve to be treated with respect and acknowledgement of the fact that they don't have the extensive knowledge more experienced users do, likewise, those of us who have been around a little while, whose thread history shows a tendency to contribute in a helpful way to threads, should be treated with the same courtesy.
    12-23-09 05:16 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD