So I work in Manhattan every day and I take the subway from Times Square. I was walking down the steps to the subway when I see three of New Yorks finest (not sarcasm) standing at a table. I make eye contact and DOH! One of them asks me to put my bag on the table to get searched. I put my Storm down on the table next to the bag and do nothing. The officer who searches the bag asked me to open it for him. I did and right before he looked inside he goes, "Is that the Storm?" I said yup. He goes on, "Do you like it? I have been thinking of getting one." I look at him and say, "No. There is a new one coming out next month along with a 'Bold-type' device. Just wait a month or two, trust me." He laughed and so did the other two officers. "Yeah, I heard they have been having problems." "Yup, but I'm running a leaked OS so it works OK. But still, wait, you'll be glad you did." He agreed and said, "Oh yeah, you can take your bag. Have a nice day." "Thanks, officer, you, too."

Yet again, ANOTHER time the Storm has embarrassed me. I cannot wait for the Tour. Thank God he didn't search the Storm...there are some pics of the girlfriend that aren't too kosher
    05-28-09 09:47 AM
    Too bad you don't like the storm. I love mine, with its leakedOS.. But funny story! If you're so embarassed by your storm maybe tou should have put it away

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 09:52 AM
    Good thing you didn't have the drug scale app ( http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/tu...-scale-235428/ ) running on the storm
    05-28-09 09:56 AM
    Too bad you don't like the storm. I love mine, with its leakedOS.. But funny story! If you're so embarassed by your storm maybe tou should have put it away

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, maybe I should have...

Good thing you didn't have the drug scale app ( http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/tu...-scale-235428/ ) running on the storm
    Now THAT would have been bad!
    05-28-09 09:58 AM
    why were you embarrassed?
    05-28-09 10:02 AM
    This thread shoulda been the Storm saved my a** now I love it,,,
    05-28-09 10:08 AM
    why were you embarrassed?
    Because I had to admit that it sucks compared to other Berry's. And do not say it doesn't. Just use a Bold for a day.
    05-28-09 10:09 AM
    This thread shoulda been the Storm saved my a** now I love it,,,
    Hahahaha, yeah, I didn't want the cop to find my James Patterson novel!
    05-28-09 10:09 AM
    ...there are some pics of the girlfriend that aren't too kosher
    Just remember...15 will get you 20.
    05-28-09 10:15 AM
    Because I had to admit that it sucks compared to other Berry's. And do not say it doesn't. Just use a Bold for a day.
    It's a matter of preference. I enjoy the screen transitions and fades. I enjoy swipes and animations. And I enjoy the blackberry interface as well.

The bold seemed dry as bones to me (just playing around in a store)

It was quick sure, if that's all you want in a phone, awesome. I like a little flash. I like my phone to look good and to be fun to use. I didn't go for the iphone because it's got the flash, but lacks a lot of the substance that makes blackberries what they are.

The storm is a different kind of blackberry. They're FINALLY trying to beef up the GUI into something more pleasant.

Everyone speaks about speed when comparing the storm to other phones, but you know, i bet if you put that tired old interface onto the storm, it would run a lot like the bold. Those fades and wipes and transitions take time and the BB OS wasnt built for it. That is slooowwwlly changing.

If you like the bold, that's great. For me it's very clunky and robotic where the storm is a "bit" more fluid and organic. (though the storm is clunky and robotic next to the iphone)

So it's REALLY REALLY REALLY a preference thing. No need for embarrassment. If you dont dig it, you dont dig it. Not everyone likes blackberries, not everyone likes traditional blackberries, not everyone likes the storm, not everyone likes the iphone. Are their opinions, then, invalid?

jus sayinnn
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-28-09 at 10:23 AM.
    05-28-09 10:17 AM
    i feel bad too....the storm doesn't suck, if the storm came out with .148 we'd all be singing a different tune right now. but then again, none of us would have the storm yet, and we'd all be complaining that they took too long to release it! lol

good story though.
    05-28-09 10:22 AM
    It's a matter of preference. I enjoy the screen transitions and fades. I enjoy swipes and animations. And I enjoy the blackberry interface as well.

The bold seemed dry as bones to me (just playing around in a store)

It was quick sure, if that's all you want in a phone, awesome. I like a little flash. I like my phone to look good and to be fun to use. I didn't go for the iphone because it's got the flash, but lacks a lot of the substance that makes blackberries what they are.

The storm is a different kind of blackberry. They're FINALLY trying to beef up the GUI into something more pleasant.

Everyone speaks about speed when comparing the storm to other phones, but you know, i bet if you put that tired old interface onto the storm, it would run a lot like the bold. Those fades and wipes and transitions take time and the BB OS wasnt built for it. That is slooowwwlly changing.

If you like the bold, that's great. For me it's very clunky and robotic where the storm is a "bit" more fluid and organic. (though the storm is clunky and robotic next to the iphone)

So it's REALLY REALLY REALLY a preference thing. No need for embarrassment. If you dont dig it, you dont dig it. Not everyone likes blackberries, not everyone likes traditional blackberries, not everyone likes the storm, not everyone likes the iphone. Are their opinions, then, invalid?
    I totally agree with you about the fades, etc, its just that RIM has to learn to make is faster while KEEPING that pizzaz, if you will. The embarrassment part is the restarting, the lack of quick rotation while showing a pic, etc. You know?

If the Storm was as fast as the Bold but kept it's UI flow, then cool. Oh yeah, and if typing was a leeeetle bit better.
    05-28-09 10:24 AM
    i feel bad too....the storm doesn't suck, if the storm came out with .148 we'd all be singing a different tune right now. but then again, none of us would have the storm yet, and we'd all be complaining that they took too long to release it! lol

good story though.
    Too true...
    05-28-09 10:25 AM
    I totally agree with you about the fades, etc, its just that RIM has to learn to make is faster while KEEPING that pizzaz, if you will. The embarrassment part is the restarting, the lack of quick rotation while showing a pic, etc. You know?

If the Storm was as fast as the Bold but kept it's UI flow, then cool. Oh yeah, and if typing was a leeeetle bit better.
    hehehe absolutely! I would love that. But with new tech and deadlines, sacrifices are often made. It is up to the end user to determine if those sacrifices affect their day to day experience enough to pick one device over the other.

I picked the storm because the bold and curve sacrifice that little bit of slick in the OS.... even if as of now it isnt where it could (should?) be
    05-28-09 10:32 AM

well with .148 all but approved, a lot of the complaints that people are making, and all of the ones you're making...are moot. .148 is fast, stable, quick response to orientation change, screen transition, no keyboard lag...

the problem is that the damage has already been done, and the rep is too damaged to be overcome. good thing i don't give a **** what everyone else thinks! lol...
    05-28-09 10:34 AM
    well with .148 all but approved, a lot of the complaints that people are making, and all of the ones you're making...are moot. .148 is fast, stable, quick response to orientation change, screen transition, no keyboard lag...

the problem is that the damage has already been done, and the rep is too damaged to be overcome. good thing i don't give a **** what everyone else thinks! lol...
    Lol, yeah, everything would be sooo different if it came out with .148. But you're right, its "rep" is ruined. I just miss the physical QWERTY, and that all comes down to preference. But you have to agree, .148 still does not make the Storm AS quick as the Bold, Tour, or 8900.
    05-28-09 10:37 AM
    with .148 my phone is as fast as any other blackberry right now. if yours isn't, then you have something that needs to be addressed.
    05-28-09 10:40 AM
    with .148 my phone is as fast as any other blackberry right now. if yours isn't, then you have something that needs to be addressed.
    funny thing about the "addressing"

Ive been noticing my battery life dying pretty quick and was like ahhh man now i'm one of the masses complaining about battery life... would only last a day at best.

So I started disabling apps i was using to see what was up. Sure enough one of the apps i used heavily in previous Os versions was causing the battery to be eaten FAST in .148. People don't seem to check these things
    05-28-09 10:47 AM
    I find it hard to believe. When I use an 8900, and I hit the back button from, say, watching a video, it flies. Each click brings me the previous screen instantly. Not so on the Storm...at least mine. Then again, my .148 still has a locking issue...it doesnt stay locked.
    05-28-09 10:57 AM
    I find it hard to believe. When I use an 8900, and I hit the back button from, say, watching a video, it flies. Each click brings me the previous screen instantly. Not so on the Storm...at least mine. Then again, my .148 still has a locking issue...it doesnt stay locked.
    you need to re-install your OS...there's someting wrong with yours. and when you install, don't auto-restore. just sync your contacts, and re-DL your apps, and change settings manually.

also locking could be a theme issue...idk. i've never experienced it, but i stopped using a theme awhile ago. they're memory hogs and cause more problems than they fix. i just took the default stock theme and changed the wallpapers and loaded that. works like a charm!
    05-28-09 11:04 AM
    you need to re-install your OS...there's someting wrong with yours. and when you install, don't auto-restore. just sync your contacts, and re-DL your apps, and change settings manually.
    lol, ok, I am just going to leave it as is and jump ship immediately when the Tour comes out. If the official .148 comes out before then, I am going to go back to .75 and update to it.
    05-28-09 11:12 AM
    good call stang. if you wanna sell your storm, i might know a guy who knows a guy...
    05-28-09 11:23 AM
    good call stang. if you wanna sell your storm, i might know a guy who knows a guy...
    Well, I have a sucker of a friend who really wants a Storm, so I am gonna sell it him for $125, i believe. Let's hope he doesn't hear about the Storm 2!
    05-28-09 11:34 AM
    i'm buying it for my brother. and the storm 2 is months and months away, we won't have it until at soonest the holidays...and neither him nor i will be eligible to upgrade until a year from about now, but he wants a storm bad...
    05-28-09 11:37 AM
    i'm buying it for my brother. and the storm 2 is months and months away, we won't have it until at soonest the holidays...and neither him nor i will be eligible to upgrade until a year from about now, but he wants a storm bad...
    I'm pretty sure he'll find a lot of Storms to be on sale when the Tour comes out
    05-28-09 11:49 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD