Give us OpenGL support. That's all they have to do.
    05-30-09 07:20 PM
    The truth is war of which cellphone is better is going to last forever. No matter which cellphone you own there is always going to be something that it doesn't do or that you want it to do.

New phones come out all the time and thats not going to change anytime soon.

You have to pick the phone that best suites your needs.

If you choose to be a early adopter on a new system and or device you also take the new adopter risk.

If you want something solid and guaranteed to do what you want then start looking at hardware that has been out for a while. It will have updated os and run well.

Its a give and take situation no cell phone is perfect. However some do most of what you need.

Pick wisely spend your money on what you need and most important don't base your purchase on HYPE it will get you nowhere fast.
    05-30-09 07:25 PM
    Because of Palms history of not updating their OS or solving problems (Treo's anyone?) I will never go back to a Palm device. The only plus to Palm for me is their compatibility with Mac.
    05-30-09 07:45 PM
    the Pre is definitely not for everyone. I agree that it is a matter of preference. I have had the opportunity to check the Pre out extensively and the best way I've heard it described-(using Sprint handsets of course) Samsung Instinct great media PHONE Blackberry the workhorse for hard core business SMART PHONE and the Palm Pre meets somewhere in the middle. I'm just itching to share what I know about the Pre. I think some of the things would be deal breakers for all the hopeful Pre fans.
    05-30-09 07:56 PM
    I'm messing with my friends iphone at the moment and everything on this phone is a dream compared to my storm. I'm posting from it right now and the only thing I miss is the click. Other than that rim should really take a step back and take a close look at their competition. Storm os is simply horrible. I can't put it in a nice way .148 still gives me problems. Using devices like these just **** me off at rim even more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 03:26 AM
    I'm messing with my friends iphone at the moment and everything on this phone is a dream compared to my storm. I'm posting from it right now and the only thing I miss is the click. Other than that rim should really take a step back and take a close look at their competition. Storm os is simply horrible. I can't put it in a nice way .148 still gives me problems. Using devices like these just **** me off at rim even more.

its to do with the fact that there trying to mix a 100 percent business world into a consumer market...

there os has major major security enhancements that apple nor palm have never come close to. To the average consumer this doesn't mean much but to stay level with BES and all that jaz I assume a lot of the os has to stay similiar.

Not to mention I couldn't stand iPhones email when I had my iPhone..

I honestly dont miss the thing in the least bit.
    05-31-09 05:43 AM
    no way!

There has been many people who tell RIM whats up in letters and such. Why do you think the storm2 is being redesigned a bit with updates..

There is people right here from RIM on this forum. They see whats going on. Being verbal about what you are doing to fix it works! They read this place..
    Not trying to be sarcastic; but u really believe that
    05-31-09 06:49 AM
    Glad to hear the Pre has avoided some of the pitfalls of the Storm. Perhaps it will prove a better alternative to the iPhone. I agree with most of what has been said about the Storm here - there was great potential but it was never fulfilled. RIM might release a few more OSs but I doubt they will be the total revamp of the OS that seems needed. And while RIM may have focused on security, etc. they had to know the Storm's OS would disappoint. The iPhone with its slick UI has been around for quite a while.
    05-31-09 08:40 AM
    Not trying to be sarcastic; but u really believe that
    I really believe that Rim reads this place. Looks at when the storm 2 pics came out. Within the next hour they were removed.
    05-31-09 09:04 AM
    its to do with the fact that there trying to mix a 100 percent business world into a consumer market...

there os has major major security enhancements that apple nor palm have never come close to. To the average consumer this doesn't mean much but to stay level with BES and all that jaz I assume a lot of the os has to stay similiar.

Not to mention I couldn't stand iPhones email when I had my iPhone..

I honestly dont miss the thing in the least bit.
    Yes but that has nothing to do with the phone being as slow as it is. When it comes to a point where the os chokes up and skips letters with typing...then its a real problem. I'm on .148 atm and if someone were to put me back at .75 I wouldn't notice the speed difference. People hype up the improvements but its sill not even acceptable.

05-31-09 12:28 PM
    Last time I checked a business phone needs to be efficient and the storm is far from that. I couldn't even edit my post up above because it couldn't handle me scrolling through the post.

05-31-09 12:31 PM
    I think the interface and layout of the phone is just fantastic. If BB would have done this, look out! I was thinking of getting one to use as a personal device, but after playing with one, I'm out. I don't care for the design at all, I guess because I wanted a Treo design. I have to be gentle enough with my Storm, but I can already tell this is a poor and cheap design. I don't know WTF, Palm was thinking, but slider phones are all junk. I can see the complaints now, -my keyboard broke or fell off. Mark my words. Great work Palm, but you should have kept the Treo design. I'm sure Treo users will agree.

Last time I checked a business phone needs to be efficient and the storm is far from that. I couldn't even edit my post up above because it couldn't handle me scrolling through the post.

I am glad that I am one of the select few. My Storm has been great, reliable and pretty stable for te most part. I just want a physical keyboard again so I headed for the Curve.
    05-31-09 02:27 PM
    I will only be mad if pre has better youtube
    05-31-09 09:56 PM
    Apparently Palm users now have higher standards than BB users. Not only does the Storm have many problems like you mention in your post, but instead of bringing the problems to RIM's attention so RIM can address them, Storm users simply blow them off by shoving dimes behind the battery, using a vacuum to suck out the dust, creating hybrid OSs, etc. It shouldn't be up to consumers to make the devices work. If Storm owners would just set their standards a bit higher then we might actually see some improvement on the device.
    allot of people just settled for what they got. I for one didnt leave the store until I made sure the screen worked like it should and I made sure to mess with it the rest of the day and if I had found something wrong I would of had them replace it. I do agree though RIM should of made the device better from the beginning.
    06-01-09 12:56 AM
    I don't think the Pre is for me. I do not like the size nor shape of it.
    However if this hits the streets near the end of 09 then I may go to it and away from RIM and the storm.

Sony Ericsson Satio Video - Mobile Phones

3 ARM processors, full OpenGL support and 12 mega pixel camera.
    06-01-09 01:10 AM
    Sounds like an iPhone owner? Cant send MMS messages, cant take video, exspandable memory drive.

You got to pick and choose your battles, or make your own phone......
    I agree 100%

06-01-09 01:37 AM
    However if this hits the streets near the end of 09 then I may go to it and away from RIM and the storm.
    You don't like the size or the shape but you may switch to it? That makes sense!
    06-01-09 01:58 AM
    You don't like the size or the shape but you may switch to it? That makes sense!
    Sigh..
    Try reading my post again.
    I will type slower this time.

I do not like the shape or size of the pre so it is is not for me.
    Meaning I do not like and will not buy a pre.

Then I said.
    However if this hits the streets near the end of 09.

THIS in that sentence being the new SE phone in the video link I posted.
    06-01-09 02:06 AM

Sony Ericsson Satio Video - Mobile Phones

3 ARM processors, full OpenGL support and 12 mega pixel camera.
    Sigh..
    Try reading my post again.
    I will type slower this time.

I do not like the shape or size of the pre so it is is not for me.
    Meaning I do not like and will not buy a pre.

Then I said.
    However if this hits the streets near the end of 09.

THIS in that sentence being the new SE phone in the video link I posted.
    That SE does look slick as ****!! The pre always looked ugly as sin to me...same with the treo, but SE makes some great phones and that one you posted looks pretty amazing
    06-01-09 02:28 AM
    That SE does look slick as ****!! The pre always looked ugly as sin to me...same with the treo, but SE makes some great phones and that one you posted looks pretty amazing
    Well if it includes all this then it will be ground breaking and the phone to beat.

"Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) today announced its U500 mobile platform, a next generation architecture with a triple processor solution and a powerful multimedia subsystem, enabling new multimedia functionality and advanced multitasking capabilities. The U500 will not only pave the way for new consumer services, but also improve the usability and quality of existing multimedia services.

Robert Puskaric, head of Ericsson's mobile platforms business, says: "The U500 is a powerful multimedia platform with performance, graphics and usability, more resembling a mobile computer than today's mobile phones. With the U500 platform Ericsson will keep its world leading position within the multimedia mass market for years to come."

The U500 mobile platform is a response to the rapidly growing demand for advanced multimedia features and services requiring enhanced user experience. Designed for mass market mobile devices, the U500 is capable of groundbreaking features such as high quality camcorder, 12 Mpix camera, WVGA displays, advanced 3D gaming and 3D user interface, CD quality audio performance and high resolution video for a true mobile TV experience.

The Ericsson U500 mobile platform combines raw power through the implementation of three ARM11 CPUs and hardware accelerators, with state-of-the-art platform architecture through the integration of the digital baseband and an advanced multimedia companion chip into a single-die processor. The result is a powerful multimedia platform that is smaller and more cost efficient than what is currently available.

The advanced graphics capabilities available in the U500 are enabled through the implementation of ARM Mali200 GPU, a programmable, OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics processor producing fast, high quality graphics with the low power consumption required for a handheld device.
    06-01-09 02:48 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD