My brother works for a 3rd party sprint store. He snuck out the demo palm pre. Let me just say wow. Pinch zooming and flip scrolling. Small size. Almost the size of a womans compact. It was way nicer than my storm. Almost to the point where Im going to talk to my boss to switch from big red to sprint. I thought apple had patents on pinch scrolling. Which for me isnt that big of a deal. But the flick scrolling is obviously leaps and bounds over swipping your finger 40 times to navigate through a page. Why cant blackberry throw this in a new build. Why cant they do these stupid things. I love blackberry for email. Have for the past 5 years, but seriously I think i might make the jump to a dif device. Ive never been a fan of the palm interface, but the web os is way faster than blackberrys first builds on the initial release. Has anyone else been able to use the pre and what do they think about it.
    05-30-09 04:01 PM
    Apparently Palm users now have higher standards than BB users. Not only does the Storm have many problems like you mention in your post, but instead of bringing the problems to RIM's attention so RIM can address them, Storm users simply blow them off by shoving dimes behind the battery, using a vacuum to suck out the dust, creating hybrid OSs, etc. It shouldn't be up to consumers to make the devices work. If Storm owners would just set their standards a bit higher then we might actually see some improvement on the device.
    05-30-09 04:08 PM
    This sounds a lot like a rant.
    05-30-09 04:11 PM
    Yeah but we want to get our post counts up, duhhhh. lyK3 0mG3zZZz whatzz ur pr0bl3m??

Can a mod please move this so we can continue on with our discussion?
    05-30-09 04:14 PM
    Apparently Palm users now have higher standards than BB users. Not only does the Storm have many problems like you mention in your post, but instead of bringing the problems to RIM's attention so RIM can address them, Storm users simply blow them off by shoving dimes behind the battery, using a vacuum to suck out the dust, creating hybrid OSs, etc. It shouldn't be up to consumers to make the devices work. If Storm owners would just set their standards a bit higher then we might actually see some improvement on the device.
    +1. Well stated.

If only RIM read these forums
    05-30-09 04:16 PM
    Sounds like an iPhone owner? Cant send MMS messages, cant take video, exspandable memory drive.

You got to pick and choose your battles, or make your own phone......
    05-30-09 04:17 PM

no way!

There has been many people who tell RIM whats up in letters and such. Why do you think the storm2 is being redesigned a bit with updates..

There is people right here from RIM on this forum. They see whats going on. Being verbal about what you are doing to fix it works! They read this place..
    05-30-09 04:20 PM
    Sounds like an iPhone owner? Cant send MMS messages, cant take video, exspandable memory drive.

You got to pick and choose your battles, or make your own phone......
    This response is so over used. These things are not the end of the world.
    05-30-09 04:22 PM
    My brother works for a 3rd party sprint store. He snuck out the demo palm pre. Let me just say wow. Pinch zooming and flip scrolling. Small size. Almost the size of a womans compact. It was way nicer than my storm. Almost to the point where Im going to talk to my boss to switch from big red to sprint. I thought apple had patents on pinch scrolling. Which for me isnt that big of a deal. But the flick scrolling is obviously leaps and bounds over swipping your finger 40 times to navigate through a page. Why cant blackberry throw this in a new build. Why cant they do these stupid things. I love blackberry for email. Have for the past 5 years, but seriously I think i might make the jump to a dif device. Ive never been a fan of the palm interface, but the web os is way faster than blackberrys first builds on the initial release. Has anyone else been able to use the pre and what do they think about it.
    it really comes down to what you use and like personally. Noone can tell you what device you prefer. If this device will get it done for you then maybes its the one for you. Also Verizon stated that in the next 6 months the pre will be on verizon... So you don't necessarily have to go to sprint to get one.

I will say that tunes can change also. I got extremely hyped about the "iPhone". I purchased one. At first I was completely in love with the thing. Day by day I realized where the downfalls of the device were unfortuantly the downfalls ended up being deal breakers. So with that being said don't base your decision on a little bit of hands on with the device really find out what its good at and what its bad at. There will be tons of information posted everywhere in a few weeks
    05-30-09 04:24 PM
    And the Pre supports IMAP idle (push Gmail, etc), which Blackberry still doesn't support. I have a feeling that many of the first time blackberry users who bought storms, the people who coundn't care less about 256 bit e-mail encryption will be wishing they had bought a Pre instead in the near future.
    05-30-09 04:25 PM
    no way!

There has been many people who tell RIM whats up in letters and such. Why do you think the storm2 is being redesigned a bit with updates..

There is people right here from RIM on this forum. They see whats going on. Being verbal about what you are doing to fix it works! They read this place..
    Honestly I'd rather have the device that I shelled out $200 for work properly before I throw down another $200 on the same device "redesigned with a bit of updates."

Just my .02
    05-30-09 04:28 PM
    And the Pre supports IMAP idle (push Gmail, etc), which Blackberry still doesn't support. I have a feeling that many of the first time blackberry users who bought storms, the people who coundn't care less about 256 bit e-mail encryption will be wishing they had bought a Pre instead in the near future.
    Well said. I didn't know they used 256 bit encryption as a selling point for Storm. Caused I'd much rather have unnecessarily safe emails than a screen that works correctly.....
    05-30-09 04:30 PM
    Honestly I'd rather have the device that I shelled out $200 for work properly before I throw down another $200 on the same device "redesigned with a bit of updates."

Just my .02
    That may be true but my response was based on the post I quoted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 04:32 PM
    That may be true but my response was based on the post I quoted.

And the post you quoted was my post. What am I missing?
    05-30-09 04:37 PM
    I love my blackberry for email

Buy if rim is reading I'm ready to leave

Iphone OS and now the pre OS are so much more advanced

05-30-09 04:43 PM
    The only thing I would want to improve with Blackberries is the web browsing. I mean, I don't really plan on switching to another phone just yet or anything, but browsing on the iPhone is a flipping dream in comparison to my Storm.
    05-30-09 04:48 PM

guess I will requote it.

Also I guess I could add that the new os is coming on sunday. They didn't give up on the storm1. and my first response was based on the bolded text!

you say you didn't understand what I wrote?

a new device model is obviously being developed to fix those issues whether you buy it or not wasn't what I was responding to and as far as the hardware go's the storm 1 is the storm 1 everyone isn't going to get updated hardware so I guess if you don't want to buy the storm 2 then I don't understand how the problems you posted will get fixed.
    05-30-09 04:52 PM
    The only thing I would want to improve with Blackberries is the web browsing. I mean, I don't really plan on switching to another phone just yet or anything, but browsing on the iPhone is a flipping dream in comparison to my Storm.
    Most of the UI on the iPhone is a dream compared to the Storm.
    05-30-09 04:52 PM
    Maybe the Palm Pre is a phone better suited for you. I think Blackberry left out things like flick scrolling and all that jazz for a reason. I dont mind that. If I wanted all of those nifty features I would have an Iphone or be salivating for a Palm Pre. Not my cup of tea tho.

This is why we have choices people. If you walked into every store and they all had the EXACT same thing you wouldnt have much need to tap into your personal preferences to make a choice on a purchase; you'd just buy whats there, because thats the only option you have. The differences in these devices cater to our personal preference, and I enjoy that. The Storm fits my liking.

Now if we could manage tear down the walls, and be able to use EVERY device on ANY carrier we'd truly be in utopia! lol.
    05-30-09 04:56 PM
    i know verizon has said to be getting the pre in 6 months but when its time for the release there will be a good bit of new phones that are better than the pre and iphone. I mean i got my storm on release day. Already pictures of the storm 2 are out. I guess its the cycle of technology. As a consumer whos on a budget tho. I will say its a big kick in the gonads
    05-30-09 05:01 PM
    iPhone 3G and Blackberry Bold are the 2 best devices on the market plain and simple just depends on what type of user you are, a business man or an everyday user. iPhone in the next couple weeks are making big changes to the OS in the 3.0 update that will allow MMS,Video Messaging, Lanscape texting ability, and a faster browsing speed of 7.2mbps. So its just all personal preference ive swapped a few times between the 2 and miss each one everytime i swap ideally i'd love to own both for the differences between the 2, but in the end i think the iPhone does win out.
    Last edited by jimpjr; 05-30-09 at 05:22 PM.
    05-30-09 05:18 PM
    QUOTE=blueskyjunkie;2685448]Honestly I'd rather have the device that I shelled out $200 for work properly before I throw down another $200 on the same device "redesigned with a bit of updates."

Just my .02[/QUOTE]

Well since you don't like the storm, perhaps jumping to the Pre would make you happier. I'm perfectly happy with my Storm. No gripes, few issues that were easily fixed by reading these forums. Running Lyrical's .148/5.0 hybrid and loving it.

There is absolutely no product that makes everybody happy. So if you don't like the product you currently have, find one that fits your criteria and move on with your life. If you want pinch zoom, buy an iphone or the Pre.
    05-30-09 05:47 PM
    iPhone 3G and Blackberry Bold are the 2 best devices on the market plain and simple just depends on what type of user you are, a business man or an everyday user. iPhone in the next couple weeks are making big changes to the OS in the 3.0 update that will allow MMS,Video Messaging, Lanscape texting ability, and a faster browsing speed of 7.2mbps. So its just all personal preference ive swapped a few times between the 2 and miss each one everytime i swap ideally i'd love to own both for the differences between the 2, but in the end i think the iPhone does win out.
    That is your opinion, my opinion is that both of those devices as great as they might be are on a horrible network. Therefor making the phones useless where I am at. Yes having WiFi is a nice benefit on both devices, but I can't use WiFi driving down the road.

7.2mbps of speed? Is the update changing the radio in the phone to an LTE or WiMax radio?

Here is your best data speeds from ATT if you can find a location where their 3G actually works:
    The AT&T 3G network uses HSDPA/UMTS technology | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    Last edited by gtstang462002; 05-30-09 at 05:58 PM.
    05-30-09 05:55 PM
    That's the thing though, the fancy flick scrolling and cool UI is appealing to the average consumer - even though it may not necessarily help or have any purpose (though I want flick scrolling it helps when you have very long lists of things)
    05-30-09 06:45 PM
    why switch big red is getting the pre in the near future.
    05-30-09 07:20 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD