07-04-10 08:48 AM
178 ... 45678
tools
    WATCH THIS VIDEO (iPhone parody which got the guy fired from Best Buy)

OMG, I don't care whether you like iPhone, BB, or Android, THAT IS THE FUNNIEST VIDEO EVER! I cried watching it, and yes it does seem like many people I know. No offense to any iPhone users. I think it is an awesome device, but the hype and great Apple marketing does get them sales to people like in this video.
    07-02-10 03:05 PM
    OMG, I don't care whether you like iPhone, BB, or Android, THAT IS THE FUNNIEST VIDEO EVER! I cried watching it, and yes it does seem like many people I know.
    Me too!!! Laughing my heart out.
    07-02-10 03:06 PM
    Projecting, hardly. I can remember when you didn't like the Storm (both 1 and 2), when your signature threatened anyone who said anything derogatory towards your posts and when you were "leaving" this forum because of the way people talked to you. I stand by my previous statement.
    That was then and this is now. The S1 sucked, and when I got the S2, there were all sorts of issues that even a reload of the OS didn't fix, so why would I be happy with that? Fast forward a few months, and like they say, "the third time is the charm". Now the S2 works just fine.

If I got grief from folks here when I bitched about the S1 and my first S2, why does it come as a shock to anti-Storm posters that they get grief here too??
    07-02-10 03:14 PM
    Its really smart how apple turn the tide around.

I bet their next update will fix the signal display for all iphone4g? Never cross my mind each signal bar (5 bars in storm2 not sure how many bars in iphone4) can be program accordingly. Alway think that its international standard? e.g. 1-10 = 1 bar, 11-20 = 2 bar etc...

But....no matter how you program those bars.... if signal cut and phone call drop, the phone still showing 5 full signal bars..... consumer will end up blame AT&T? It will mean its no longer an Apple issue but AT&T issue?

I wonder if that is a good cover up...

I guess they will still end up saying... "get a bumper".
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-02-10 at 03:59 PM.
    07-02-10 03:57 PM
    I highly doubt that the browser speeds were equal...The bb browser should be compared to a snail or slug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ^^^ This...
    07-02-10 04:23 PM
    Dave is clearly just a troll without a purpose guys leave him alone l, he's like that kid in class who just did obnoxious things for the attention.
    so your name calling is not a bid for attention? Not to mention the fact that I'm a satisfied Storm user in a Storm forum, unlike REAL trolls who come into a forum without owning the product??
    07-02-10 04:30 PM
    Just curious. I know under crackberry there are links to other similar forums for apple, nokia, droid etc. do we have to register new nick to post in those forums? or our nick is cross-forum usable? haha never try login those forums before since i don't have business there.
    07-02-10 05:07 PM
    Just curious. I know under crackberry there are links to other similar forums for apple, nokia, droid etc. do we have to register new nick to post in those forums? or our nick is cross-forum usable? haha never try login those forums before since i don't have business there.
    They are crackberry forums. Your current username will work.

07-02-10 05:13 PM
    so your name calling is not a bid for attention? Not to mention the fact that I'm a satisfied Storm user in a Storm forum, unlike REAL trolls who come into a forum without owning the product??
    WoW good one there you got me lol.
    07-02-10 05:21 PM
    WoW good one there you got me lol.
    It takes a big man to admit when he's made a mistake. If you are sincere, I applaud your admission! Maybe we can be "friends"
    07-02-10 05:49 PM
    I don't dislike you, I just feel your arguing without a clear point or direction. It just seems your arguing for arguments sake with no valid points at all, besides your personal opinion of the iPhone being a toy.

My hole point is people like what they like, and choose off of whatever works for them. You seem to act as if no your decision is right and their choice is silly childish and wrong.
    07-02-10 06:15 PM
    I don't dislike you, I just feel your arguing without a clear point or direction. It just seems your arguing for arguments sake with no valid points at all, besides your personal opinion of the iPhone being a toy.

My hole point is people like what they like, and choose off of whatever works for them. You seem to act as if no your decision is right and their choice is silly childish and wrong.
    I think it's wrong to discuss the iPhone in a Storm forum. I wouldn't go to the iPhone forum and claim the iPhone is a stupid choice, for example. Nor do I think it's a bad choice for anyone who likes a phone that excels at playing games, or browsing the web, although the EVO and Droid X will beat the pants off of the iPhone at web browsing, guaranteed!

BTW, I have a touch, so I have some idea of what constitutes a "toy", IMO. My Storm is a useful phone and messaging device, and it plays video BETTER than an iPhone /touch, because the screen is nicer (deeper blacks and more vivid color), and the speaker is FAR louder, so one need not use headphones when watching a movie unless in the loudest of environments. Try using the speaker on the touch anywhere but a silent room.

Again, if one looks at the top apps for iPhone, most ALL of them are games. I know--I check the top 50 on my Touch just about every day and to my dismay, they are games and fart apps. Top free apps now:

1. angry birds
    2. oregon trail
    3. doodle god
    4. doodle jump
    5. HAWX
    6. Fruit Ninja
    7.FatBooth

I rest my case. it's a frickin' TOY.
    07-02-10 06:27 PM
    i like my BB over any other phones...
    07-02-10 06:29 PM
    I think it's wrong to discuss the iPhone in a Storm forum. I wouldn't go to the iPhone forum and claim the iPhone is a stupid choice, for example. Nor do I think it's a bad choice for anyone who likes a phone that excels at playing games, or browsing the web, although the EVO and Droid X will beat the pants off of the iPhone at web browsing, guaranteed!

BTW, I have a touch, so I have some idea of what constitutes a "toy", IMO. My Storm is a useful phone and messaging device, and it plays video BETTER than an iPhone /touch, because the screen is nicer (deeper blacks and more vivid color), and the speaker is FAR louder, so one need not use headphones when watching a movie unless in the loudest of environments. Try using the speaker on the touch anywhere but a silent room.

Again, if one looks at the top apps for iPhone, most ALL of them are games. I know--I check the top 50 on my Touch just about every day and to my dismay, they are games and fart apps. Top free apps now:

1. angry birds
    2. oregon trail
    3. doodle god
    4. doodle jump
    5. HAWX
    6. Fruit Ninja
    7.FatBooth

I rest my case. it's a frickin' TOY.
    Last time I checked the op made this an iPhone discussion from the beginning did you take up you problem with him?

2nd the apps currently in top 5 justify your entire claim hahaha, man you are really sad.
    07-02-10 06:34 PM
    BB outperforms everything else so far
    07-02-10 06:54 PM
    Last time I checked the op made this an iPhone discussion from the beginning did you take up you problem with him?

2nd the apps currently in top 5 justify your entire claim hahaha, man you are really sad.
    I'm not sad, brandon. That's a perceptual issue of yours.
    07-02-10 07:09 PM
    About 7 out of 10 pp in my work place uses iphone as a personal phone. The remaining 3 are either nokia or SE or others.

Honest speaking, I am very likely to be the one and only STORM2 user out of the entire company. Lets say...50% of the pp in my company own a bb but their bb is purely for business use. The bb they are holding belong to the company. Because of the strict IT policy, their bb are nothing much but email only. Thats real sad. Having a bold 9700/9000 in your hand but its like a messaging pager in the old days.

If i am to show someone my storm2, i think they wont even able to tell me its a bb.

I recently had a phone conversation with another department head and asked him what phone is he using now? He replied, Iphone. I asked him what he like about the iphone? Was told, "oh, there's a lot of games to play".

Some time, when i walk into the office, while everyone busy working, there's always a few nice guys out there sitting in their cubic looking down on his desk. Why? Either surfing net on the iphone or watching a movie on the iphone. Walking to another cubic, I will see another busy with his phone. sms? No! Why? Playing his games, trying to level up again or gaining more lands or whatever. Hello? The office phones are ringing!!! Did the boss employ you guys to sit down play games and watch movies? Is it fair to those who are working hard for the company? doing your portion of work?

We do need some time for relaxing at work but not when everyone is busying handling calls and working hard. You got to work hard for your bonus! Apple dont give you paycheck.

All these young and old man have become like children back in schools. Priority is gaming. WTF?

Back to storm2... i don't deny i uses my storm2 for messaging, msn and surfing but not to the extend playing games openly. Blame it on RIM that they dont have much games like apple do. Maybe I will play games in my storm2 alot if they have games same as apple.

However, i believe its more of a habit effect. These pp seem to be hooked by their iphone. their games. they are so into it.

sorry for say all the bad about iphone. its just give non-iphone user an image that is really a gaming device beside being a phone. Think about it. what if there's no games in iphone? will that make the iphone slightly different compare to other phones?
    07-02-10 07:16 PM
    Just read this good review on another thread.

As much as I hate to admit it and come to terms with it, and we all know it - there will never be the perfect device. I have both a BB and just purchased and iPhone 4 - 32 GB. I was hoping to drop the BB - but that really isn't going to happen. And the reality is, I'm going to need both because they do two different jobs and there are trade offs with each

The BB is great for emails, long battery life and the basics of what a business user needs and it' not bad a phone (I have AT&T), it's secure (which at times I find to be a PITA), and these last two are big ones for me - and gives you an option for a microSD card AND I'm not bound to a laptop. However it sucks for user experience, applications, it's a little too secure, can't render full-true web pages, the BB browser is crap on a good day, and God help you if try and read a MS Office document on it.

The iphone my all of 1 week of experience with it, has an awesone end-user experience - let's give the devel theire dues; Apple is a Master at this and has been long before the iphone was an ich in...well you get the picture. Anyway, the display is fantastic, it's pretty good for a phone, (lately more reliable than the BB - I said lately), the availability & variety of the apps is a big edge, all in all it's pretty bleeding edge. Now the dirty laundry; I bound to my laptop and itunes; I can live with itunes - but that's still a consumer not enterprise grade application, no microSD card slot, sim card slot needs to be rethought. This one pisses me off - I have to do app development on a Mac and they don't give you a VMWare opition. I actually bought the iphone for app development and leverage it's ability to render web pages for something for work.

There are pros and cons of each and to be honest about a month ago I was set to buy a BB Storm 2. Which by the way is still on the books after the little epiphany above. At the end of the the day a healthy dose of competition is by the phone manufacuters is a good thing for us.
    07-02-10 08:07 PM
    Just read this good review on another thread.
    There's no doubt about iphone end user experience on browser/gaming/video/pictures, not to forget their design.

To individual preference and liking.

I still love my storm2 over the iphone! hahahaha.
    07-02-10 08:39 PM
    I have no issue discussing other phones in a BB forum, especially in comparison of the BB for that forum. What gets me is the immediate, defensive, childish, petty responses it elicits. Comical, but sad.

I am a tech person. I like to have many devices. I was never a Ford vs Chevy or Mercedes vs. BMW war person. I want to use what works best for what I do with it. I have a Mac and several PC's and I consider myself a power user on both. I have had an iPhone and several BB's. Heck I have had two Windows Mobile phones and an old Palm Treo with the Palm OS, which kicked **** in its day. They each have their pro's and con's.

I think we can all admit two things:

(1) RIM was way ahead of a lot of other companies in the smart phone space. BlackBerry phones have been able to do things for years that others are now just catching or still have not recognized, and most of them go to productivity and ease of use. The iOS4 is a good example of playing catch up on core functions, but already being ahead in newer areas of use.
    (2) RIM in many other areas is falling behind. In areas like web browsing they are way behind. My RIM hardware experience has been bad. Every other device I have had from every other manufacturer has been better in terms of build and reliability, period. This is not just my experience. My company replaces BB's like crazy. Our old Windows Mobile phones like the Moto Q's are tanks, and last forever. They suck for functions, but they last a long time and were great phones. RIM needs to catch up to capture all the newer, yet key functions people want. Web browsing for business users and consumers is important today, especially if you travel. It is not a toy function, even though yes a laptop is better. They must catch up.

I think in general and for RIM's business, these points are hard to argue. I am sure some of you will try to argue them, but RIM's is losing ground in the larger market to devices like the iPhone. In 3 years they have lost a lot of ground. Plot that trend and it is concerning. You can debate the features in techie terms, but it does not matter if regular people don't recognize your arguments or don't want to pay money for the device. If you think RIM doesn't need a leap forward, then your device will be what you want it to be for sometime. They won't die, but you won't be with a future winner in the market if they don't leap forward. Their impact will decrease unless.

I hope BB6 is what we all want and it also brings marketing pizazz back to RIM. RIM needs the pizazz whether you want it or not, and the numbers tell that story. I also hope they pair it with superior hardware, which it seems they are if the rumors are true. I just hope they don't make the Storm3 look like the Storm2, or that won't entice people at all, including me.
    Last edited by dbw1000; 07-02-10 at 09:10 PM.
    07-02-10 09:08 PM
    Actually you can send a remote to kill it, wipe the data and make the phone useless... it's called MobileMe
    Ten seconds to pull out the Sim card and it then becomes the thiefs phone. Once the Sim is out, you can't remote wipe that iphone any longer. Mobile me is a horrible security tool and can't be compared to bes, besx or Good.

07-02-10 09:14 PM
    One other thing, Apple and iPhone lovers better hope the iPhone 4 issues are software. The suspect hardware issues are piling up at an alarming rate. Now there is talk of 3G connectivity issues. I don't care what you love, the amount of stories and reviews clearly documenting problems, in many cases with video, says this phone could be a high tech nightmare. Pairing a kickbutt screen with major hardware issues is a very short term formula for success.

I think the Storm1 sucked bad at first. I went through several. RIM and Verizon however never pushed back like Apple seems to be doing. They silently replaced nearly every device and plodded forward with improvements.
    07-02-10 09:14 PM
    Dave seems to be the only person in this whole thread with a crusade against the iPhone and iPhone users. He has this thought process that all iPhones are toys and the people that use them are all self absorbed and against Blackberry which is not the case, although no one is really bad mouthing his choice in smartphones. Dude just be happy with what you have were all satisfied with our choices. What seems to be your personal malfunction. I believe you just like to argue.
    Says the Apple fanboy posting on a BB forum
    07-02-10 09:24 PM
    Just went take a look at the apple forum...they have a poll there...over 50% have reception issue. Those data cant be fake. Dont think bb users got time to go there click those poll...reading alone takes a lot of my time. interesting indeed seeing them compaints wahahaha.
    07-02-10 10:28 PM
    My Storm 2 Coverage Area has Fell through the floor I've considered going to an Iphone but one I don't feel like waiting until Mid July and 2 it's AT&T their service couldn't get worse
    Please one on Verizon's coverage it's really been sucking lately.
    07-02-10 10:58 PM
178 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD