You don't empathize because you don't have "these problems". Wow. I hope no one considers me rude if I say that's a tad cold, now isn't it? (surely that's not on a par with you calling me or anyone else "ignorant" )

The iphone is so great, that four lawsuits have already been filed... Multiple class action suits filed over iPhone 4 antenna

More to come. but of course, YOU don't empathize.
    I never called anyone in specific ignorant. However if you felt that statement applied to you well then you know what i always say, sounds like a "personal problem" . As far as the lawsuits go thats an everyday thing for companies in Apple's position if I'm not mistaken RIM has a very famous history in settling one of the biggest lawsuits ever with NTP right? what was it 600+ million dollars or something around that sum. So please save me your stories of lawsuits Apple has more then enough money to hush these people, and more then enough lawyers to drag this thing out for years before something ever comes of it. So what else do you have for me to make yourself feel better.

As i said in the very beginning stop being childish people like their smartphone choice because it's what works for them. You like Blackberry along with millions of others because it fits your needs I like the iPhone along with millions of other because it fits our needs. The iPhone is not just a toy, and the Blackberry is not solely a business phone. My iPhones reception is great for me, and the speakerphone is great for me and visa versa for your situation Get over yourself already its not that serious, and your story doesn't hold water with anyone look at the sales numbers, and their not going to do anything but keep going up. Remember the iPad people swore that would fail too because of no flash. Just stop already
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 07-01-10 at 11:23 PM.
    07-01-10 11:15 PM
    I never called anyone in specific ignorant. However if you felt that statement applied to you well then you know what i always say, sounds like a "personal problem" . As far as the lawsuits go thats an everyday thing for companies in Apple's position if I'm not mistaken RIM has a very famous history in settling one of the biggest lawsuits ever with NTP right? what was it 600+ million dollars or something around that sum. So please save me your stories of lawsuits Apple has more then enough money to hush these people, and more then enough lawyers to drag this thing out for years before something ever comes of it. So what else do you have for me to make yourself feel better.

As i said in the very beginning stop being childish people like their smartphone choice because it's what works for them. You like Blackberry along with millions of others because it fits your needs I like the iPhone along with millions of other because it fits our needs. The iPhone is not just a toy, and the Blackberry is not solely a business phone. My iPhones reception is great for me, and the speakerphone is great for me and visa versa for your situation Get over yourself already its not that serious, and your story doesn't hold water with anyone look at the sales numbers, and their not going to do anything but keep going up. Remember the iPad people swore that would fail too because of no flash. Just stop already
    "the iPad people" "swore it would fail too". I would think that "iPad people" are people who OWN iPads. You aren't making a lot of sense tonight. (and for the record, I never claimed iPads wouldn't sell. AAMOF i tried to buy one for my wife yesterday, but can't seem to find a store that sells them without a restocking fee. In case we have issues, I want assurances I can return one for a full refund. So far, I've not found a store that doesn't charge a hefty fee)

Also, who gives a flying rats behind about RIM's legal woes when what I was discussing was a lawsuit on behalf of Apple's CUSTOMERS. I mean, HELLO! Lawsuits between mega corps over IP and other legal wrangling is not the concern of the average consumer. PRODUCT QUALITY and FITNESS FOR PURPOSE is what the average Joe cares about.
    07-02-10 12:46 AM
    1.7 million sold in 3 days people are liking iPhone despite your hate. Blackberry sold over 100 million smartphones in 10+ years people are liking their blackberries. end of debate.
    07-02-10 01:01 AM
    1.7 million sold in 3 days people are liking iPhone despite your hate. Blackberry sold over 100 million smartphones in 10+ years people are liking their blackberries. end of debate.
    do you always buy products based on sales figures? I couldn't care less about sales figures when I decide what product to purchase--I buy what I like--not what the guy down the street likes. There are many products that sell very well, yet are inferior products in their particular market. Take Chevys or Fords, back in the 60's. Do you think that because they sold in high numbers, they were "better" vehicles than Mercedes or other luxury cars? High sales figures are used by people who think they are bolstering their argument FOR a product, when in reality their argument is only persuasive to the equally naive person on the receiving end of the argument. I think I've been around the block often enough to know better.
    07-02-10 01:27 AM
    do you always buy products based on sales figures? I couldn't care less about sales figures when I decide what product to purchase--I buy what I like--not what the guy down the street likes. There are many products that sell very well, yet are inferior products in their particular market. Take Chevys or Fords, back in the 60's. Do you think that because they sold in high numbers, they were "better" vehicles than Mercedes or other luxury cars? High sales figures are used by people who think they are bolstering their argument FOR a product, when in reality their argument is only persuasive to the equally naive person on the receiving end of the argument. I think I've been around the block often enough to know better.
    Chevy/Ford and Mercedes have two different target markets. I think what ppl here are saying is that ipods/androids/s2's are becoming more and more the same target market. Since they are, its comparing apples to apples more now and the inferiority of each product can be discriminated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 01:34 AM
    Is it true that Pp living in states have 30days to return a phone which they deem not of their liking? and change a new phone?

I am interested to know how many pp actually return the iphone4 back to erm...AT&T? Maybe someone working at AT&T can release figures or give a hint on how many iphones been return so far?

To be frank and fair, i will use storm2 as an example....on the 1st few days or weeks after release of storm2.... because being the 1st batch of pp who brought the new phone... we will think and hope the phone is up to our expectation....at least in some ways in terms of functionality. maybe i will find surepress crappy...etc but its usable..at least...

if my storm2 gona have an antenna or reception issue...that would mean dropping of calls and network...dc from msn....dc from surfing...dc from mails.. etc...

i will probably return my storm2 by the end of 30days if i do not hear any patch of fixes by RIM within 30days..... cuz can't possibly live with a phone like this for next 2 years contract?!! will jump for droid maybe..etc etc.

to me.. a phone reception is critical...it really a pain in the a55 if u are talking something important... or in an urgent issue to make calls.. or even msn..quarrel with gf.. and msn got dc!!! u know the fustration?

i think not all but maybe some pp out there are having this feelings.. just like your home internet...what if it gets disconnect randomly without network? you are surfing net..netmeeting...skyping..msn...etc.. i bet you be so fustrated to call up your internet agent or service provider.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-02-10 at 02:27 AM.
    07-02-10 02:24 AM
    I never once said why I choose the smartphone I do, so your rant pretty much was just to see yourself type I guess.
    07-02-10 03:44 AM
    I might be a little late to this party I see going on here but I'm about to add my .02 worth.. well maybe it's only a .01 worth lol anyways....

First of all antenna, schmentenna issues my a**... it's not the antenna, it's an OS glitch which MANY of people are finding out on the 3GS running iOS4, as for crappy service, I have a long story posted in another part of the forum here I'll gladly share with you dave about vzw's crappy service... that's right I said vzw's crappy service

Maybe all of us should've sued RIM after we all rushed out and bought our S2's and the buttons didn't... work... a mobile device should function and operate as a mobile device ... Well it didn't either... so enough about people suing Apple already.. they are just a bunch of jack*sses

As much as I travel and I see in airports and with business men/women... about 2 years ago it was about 70/30 BB/iPhone ... before the i4 ... 50/50... now ? I'm willing to bet Apple may own all of the smartphone market on one carrier... ONE... and not 50,000 thousand versions of a phone... one version.. two diff storage sizes...

I went to ATT to quit dealing with RIM's outdated technology and what big red did to me... I was so p*ssed at big red I told them to take their phone number and shove it too.. i didn't want it lol

You certainly shouldn't throw stones or maybe even boulders at the iPhone when you're in a glass house built by RIM.... you really wanna get down to the nitty gritty and talk....

Go to ANY BB forum... and look at problems, issues, glitches.. etc etc... and then go to an iPhone forum and look at the same thing... problems.. issues.. etc... I may be a little off on my figure since i'm biased a little but I've owned a crap load of BB's... All of them p*ssed me off... that's another rant for another thread ... I almost guarantee the number of problems CUSTOMERS are complaining about or having ... outnumber Apple by at least 3 or 4 to 1... AT LEAST... and you certainly don't see anyone posting.... "my iPhone 4 doesn't receive calls... it doesn't make calls.." That's cuz despite the blowing out of proportion antenna issue... it still works as a MOBILE DEVICE

So enough of this iPhone hate nonsense.... at least the iPhone is trying to evolve and make itself better... What has RIM done lately... not sh*t and any non fanboy with a little bit of common sense will agree... RIM is getting passed right by in the new model department....
    07-02-10 03:56 AM
    So enough of this iPhone hate nonsense...
    I'd recommend staying away from BlackBerry fansites then... The same could be said for all the BlackBerry hate.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 07-02-10 at 04:20 AM.
    07-02-10 04:17 AM
    I might be a little late to this party I see going on here but I'm about to add my .02 worth.. well maybe it's only a .01 worth lol anyways....

First of all antenna, schmentenna issues my a**... it's not the antenna, it's an OS glitch which MANY of people are finding out on the 3GS running iOS4, as for crappy service, I have a long story posted in another part of the forum here I'll gladly share with you dave about vzw's crappy service... that's right I said vzw's crappy service

Maybe all of us should've sued RIM after we all rushed out and bought our S2's and the buttons didn't... work... a mobile device should function and operate as a mobile device ... Well it didn't either... so enough about people suing Apple already.. they are just a bunch of jack*sses

As much as I travel and I see in airports and with business men/women... about 2 years ago it was about 70/30 BB/iPhone ... before the i4 ... 50/50... now ? I'm willing to bet Apple may own all of the smartphone market on one carrier... ONE... and not 50,000 thousand versions of a phone... one version.. two diff storage sizes...

I went to ATT to quit dealing with RIM's outdated technology and what big red did to me... I was so p*ssed at big red I told them to take their phone number and shove it too.. i didn't want it lol

You certainly shouldn't throw stones or maybe even boulders at the iPhone when you're in a glass house built by RIM.... you really wanna get down to the nitty gritty and talk....

Go to ANY BB forum... and look at problems, issues, glitches.. etc etc... and then go to an iPhone forum and look at the same thing... problems.. issues.. etc... I may be a little off on my figure since i'm biased a little but I've owned a crap load of BB's... All of them p*ssed me off... that's another rant for another thread ... I almost guarantee the number of problems CUSTOMERS are complaining about or having ... outnumber Apple by at least 3 or 4 to 1... AT LEAST... and you certainly don't see anyone posting.... "my iPhone 4 doesn't receive calls... it doesn't make calls.." That's cuz despite the blowing out of proportion antenna issue... it still works as a MOBILE DEVICE

So enough of this iPhone hate nonsense.... at least the iPhone is trying to evolve and make itself better... What has RIM done lately... not sh*t and any non fanboy with a little bit of common sense will agree... RIM is getting passed right by in the new model department....

Every Phone has its issues. I will say part of your statement is false. Any Company that wants a hold on its Data and wants to be able to control it will put a BlackBerry in their associates hands before the drop an Iphone in it. I look at the Iphone as being a glorified toy. Its a Hey look at me tactic. BlackBerry yeah I agree it may be plain and boring but you know what its a phone with data capabilities.

If that Iphone gets lost or stolen or whatever - Where did the data go? Can you send a remote kill to it? Keep in mind this is from a centrally managed server not going through Apple to do it.
    07-02-10 06:15 AM
    07-02-10 06:47 AM

Agreed - Case fixes it, too bad people have to purchase the case. My opinion as much as Apple charges for their products it should be a complimentary case. Just a thought.
    07-02-10 07:12 AM
    Given that its antenna is suppose to be powerful ....I was wondering....did the iphone4 pass any lightning test?
    07-02-10 08:00 AM
    If people think the signal loss issue is a software problem, they should watch the YouTube videos. When you can stop a web page loading dead in its tracks and restart it instantly just by pressing and releasing your finger from one spot on the outside, it is not software.

I would bet most of you with a strong negative opinion have never used the phone you are disparaging. That cracks me up. I still say Dave does it to get you all riled up and for comic relief!
    07-02-10 08:00 AM
    The mobile sites are for readability purposes because of the relative size of the on-screen font. Again, when people surf, they usually are looking to actually "read" or "watch" -- like crackberry, gizmodo, tmz, yahoo news, whatever, and less to look at an entire page. Safari does render full pages better and sometimes faster, but once you have the full page up, you have to zoom in and pan several times to just read -- instead of setting your BB browser to column view, and being able to read normal sized fonts out of the gate. I don't like 3rd party browsers either ( with exception to skyfire on winmo ), and I've tried all of the major ones for the berry.
    You are absolutely correct. Trying to call up a full javascript site and then posting, using edmunds.com as an example, is very difficult to say the least on any phone. This sub-topic of the discussion is akin "to how many angels can fit on the head of a pin."

Yes "fully bodied" sites do load and yes it can be done, but it's a far easier task on my tethered laptop, which supports flash, and I don't have to pinch/zoom.
    07-02-10 08:27 AM
    Is it true that Pp living in states have 30days to return a phone which they deem not of their liking? and change a new phone?
    Yes, we do.

I'm sure some folks have, but most people kept their phone and forked over the cash to get a cover for the phone (a "work around" to not have the antenna issue).

That's with the people I know anyway who have one, they get covers on their phones anyway so it was a non-issue with them.

I am interested to know how many pp actually return the iphone4 back to erm...AT&T? Maybe someone working at AT&T can release figures or give a hint on how many iphones been return so far?
    Probably not many. As stated, most folks get covers on their phones, and getting a cover on your iPhone4 won't cause the antenna issue.

To be frank and fair, i will use storm2 as an example....on the 1st few days or weeks after release of storm2.... because being the 1st batch of pp who brought the new phone... we will think and hope the phone is up to our expectation....at least in some ways in terms of functionality. maybe i will find surepress crappy...etc but its usable..at least...

if my storm2 gona have an antenna or reception issue...that would mean dropping of calls and network...dc from msn....dc from surfing...dc from mails.. etc...

i will probably return my storm2 by the end of 30days if i do not hear any patch of fixes by RIM within 30days..... cuz can't possibly live with a phone like this for next 2 years contract?!! will jump for droid maybe..etc etc.

to me.. a phone reception is critical...it really a pain in the a55 if u are talking something important... or in an urgent issue to make calls.. or even msn..quarrel with gf.. and msn got dc!!! u know the fustration?
    RIM had an issue with the first S1 where you couldn't even turn the damn thing on (dubbed the Verizon Screen of Death). It used to boot up, then freeze once it got to the screen displaying your carrier...so the phone is rendered useless. It took several battery pulls and finger crossing to hope that the phone wouldn't freeze at the carrier screen.

To this day my Storm2 will still randomly reboot, quite frustrating. I'm looking forward to trying out something new as I've dealt with random, unexpected reboots since I've had the Storm1.

With the iPhone4, yeah it sucks that it drops signal when you hold it a certain way, but it's also easy to fix (buy a cover/don't hold it that way). Stupid yes, but it's much easier to fix than my phone randomly rebooting 3-5 times a day for no reason.

It's frustrating for iPhone users and I'm sure some have returned the phone, but at least it's an easy fix.

I'm personally excited to try out an Android device, since the Storm1, I've had random bugs and even after constant OS updates, even the most basic of bugs have yet to be addressed.
    07-02-10 09:23 AM
    Given that its antenna is suppose to be powerful ....I was wondering....did the iphone4 pass any lightning test?
    Wth? Wtf?

07-02-10 09:30 AM
    Wth? Wtf?
    Using mobile under thunder rainy lightning days... if i remember correctly.... some test done to prove that all mobile phones considerably have some lightning risk? the metal edge around iphone4 proves to be really erm....good conductor of signal? if human hands and directly affect the mobile signal.....that mean its really passing thru all round...conventionally most phones we dont see their antenna so powerful or is expose.....at least some plastic or sort of material is covering up... its just a tots...i am not into electrical engineering etc...just my thinking...
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-02-10 at 09:50 AM.
    07-02-10 09:46 AM

I'm personally excited to try out an Android device, since the Storm1, I've had random bugs and even after constant OS updates, even the most basic of bugs have yet to be addressed.
    What a crock. I don't have any "basic bugs" whatsoever. Nor does my wife's phone. In more than 6 months of usage (12 combined for the two phones) I think I have had ONE random reboot. I've pulled the battery just a FEW times, to resolve a slowdown in typing or when dialing. (also, had a few apps that locked up the phone, but that's an apps issue) Other than that, the phones just keeps on functioning day after day after day....

Also, I didn't need to do "constant" OS updates. I went from 320 to 607 which I liked because of pop up keys. I loaded 713 but see (for me) just one improvement--the phone is responsive more quickly following a reboot (which I do when deleting apps or when installing some of them).
    07-02-10 09:47 AM
    RIM had an issue with the first S1 where you couldn't even turn the damn thing on (dubbed the Verizon Screen of Death). It used to boot up, then freeze once it got to the screen displaying your carrier...so the phone is rendered useless. It took several battery pulls and finger crossing to hope that the phone wouldn't freeze at the carrier screen.

I suppose if the phone can't turn on that would mean owners can return the phone to RIM??? At least for repairs or replacement? I dont think RIM or cell providers will reject the return so long its within 1 year? warranty...that is a phone issues so i believe if you bring the phone down to AT&T or even verizon..they will not tell you... "Oh the phone can't boot up cuz you are holding it the wrong way". I think RIM or verizon will tell you honestly the phone had a problem...cuz it can't even start up! Even nokia, SE, etc phone brands will gladly admit and take back a phone that can't start up unless warranty over.

To this day my Storm2 will still randomly reboot, quite frustrating. I'm looking forward to trying out something new as I've dealt with random, unexpected reboots since I've had the Storm1.

With the iPhone4, yeah it sucks that it drops signal when you hold it a certain way, but it's also easy to fix (buy a cover/don't hold it that way). Stupid yes, but it's much easier to fix than my phone randomly rebooting 3-5 times a day for no reason.

I think your software wasn't loaded properly or something corrupting the OS. I been thru the reboot issue before... I am an IT person myself... i figure it out...straighten my tots on why that happen. So now my phone is almost perfect! Of course we can't rule out hardware issues here but as we see in the forum.. many pp also have same issues as you and some overcome it.

It's frustrating for iPhone users and I'm sure some have returned the phone, but at least it's an easy fix.

No doubt that eventually all pp will get a casing for their phones. The issue here is more like pp not happy with apple not addressing the issues in a properly manner.

Car maker found their brakes system faulty and recall all the cars around the world due safety reasons to human life. If one day...someone can prove the iphone4 causes lightning risk due the antenna design... will apple recall all the phones around the world? just an example...

That would be your call. its your money! good luck to your next phone!
    Maybe when you see a better storm3 or 4, it may change your mind getting android? ahahah... thats for RIM to convince you.
    07-02-10 10:07 AM
    What a crock. I don't have any "basic bugs" whatsoever. Nor does my wife's phone. In more than 6 months of usage (12 combined for the two phones) I think I have had ONE random reboot. I've pulled the battery just a FEW times, to resolve a slowdown in typing or when dialing. (also, had a few apps that locked up the phone, but that's an apps issue) Other than that, the phones just keeps on functioning day after day after day....

Also, I didn't need to do "constant" OS updates. I went from 320 to 607 which I liked because of pop up keys. I loaded 713 but see (for me) just one improvement--the phone is responsive more quickly following a reboot (which I do when deleting apps or when installing some of them).
    I'm not stupid so don't suggest as such, I know what my phone does. No bugs huh?

Ever pull up a text or BBM from your messages folder? If so, how's the whole keyboard popping up thing working out for you? It does not do it all the time...same for when you call someone, when you need to pull up the keypad during a call, the keypad sometimes will not appear. Really sucks when I'm trying to dial into a conference call and have to hang up and try again since the keypad won't appear for me to dial in.

Hows the lag in SMS texting treating you? No number of battery pulls or software updates fixes the severe lag of typing an SMS message, it doesn't do it if I type at the pace of a snail, but I can type extremely fast on this thing...the lag is extremely annoying.

I'm glad your phone doesn't have the severe rebooting issue that mine has (which has gotten significantly worse since installing .713).

I've been making excuses for this crappy OS since the Storm1, time to try something different. Hopefully the bugs on Android won't drive me as crazy.
    07-02-10 10:16 AM
    Get an iPod Touch with SKYPE... probably make more non dropped calls than the iPhone. Any first month electronic student would know not to hold a radio antenna while transmitting.... Jobs handled the problem "stupidly". Whats the fix... put some scotch tape all around the phone..... NOT!
    07-02-10 10:17 AM
    I'm not stupid so don't suggest as such, I know what my phone does. No bugs huh?

Ever pull up a text or BBM from your messages folder? If so, how's the whole keyboard popping up thing working out for you? It does not do it all the time...same for when you call someone, when you need to pull up the keypad during a call, the keypad sometimes will not appear. Really sucks when I'm trying to dial into a conference call and have to hang up and try again since the keypad won't appear for me to dial in.

Hows the lag in SMS texting treating you? No number of battery pulls or software updates fixes the severe lag of typing an SMS message, it doesn't do it if I type at the pace of a snail, but I can type extremely fast on this thing...the lag is extremely annoying.

I'm glad your phone doesn't have the severe rebooting issue that mine has (which has gotten significantly worse since installing .713).

I've been making excuses for this crappy OS since the Storm1, time to try something different. Hopefully the bugs on Android won't drive me as crazy.
    I never claimed you were stupid!

SMS lag? HAHA! I don't have ANY SMS "lag".

You are one unlucky Storm owner. There's just no other explanation!
    07-02-10 10:21 AM
    I suppose if the phone can't turn on that would mean owners can return the phone to RIM??? At least for repairs or replacement? I dont think RIM or cell providers will reject the return so long its within 1 year? warranty...that is a phone issues so i believe if you bring the phone down to AT&T or even verizon..they will not tell you... "Oh the phone can't boot up cuz you are holding it the wrong way". I think RIM or verizon will tell you honestly the phone had a problem...cuz it can't even start up! Even nokia, SE, etc phone brands will gladly admit and take back a phone that can't start up unless warranty over.
    Oh yeah you could, and lots of people did, problem was, it was a software issue so it didn't matter if they gave you a new or refurbished Storm1, the problem persisted. It wasn't until OS updates that the problem finally go away (thank God).

I think your software wasn't loaded properly or something corrupting the OS. I been thru the reboot issue before... I am an IT person myself... i figure it out...straighten my tots on why that happen. So now my phone is almost perfect! Of course we can't rule out hardware issues here but as we see in the forum.. many pp also have same issues as you and some overcome it.
    Yeah at first I thought that over time the battery just wasn't sitting flush so random shocks and vibrations would cause a reboot, now since it'll reboot....during the reboot screen, it's gotta be software related. I could try a wipe and reinstall of the OS and clean out my apps (I don't really use a lot of them) but that begs the question, why can't apps communicate efficiently with the OS to prevent these horrid memory leaks and what not from happening?

No doubt that eventually all pp will get a casing for their phones. The issue here is more like pp not happy with apple not addressing the issues in a properly manner.
    Yeah that I could agree with...looks like they don't really plan on addressing it either:

Apple admits iPhone 4 reception issues, says fix is coming - CNN.com

Car maker found their brakes system faulty and recall all the cars around the world due safety reasons to human life. If one day...someone can prove the iphone4 causes lightning risk due the antenna design... will apple recall all the phones around the world? just an example...
    I highly doubt it causes a lightning risk...even if it did...who in the world talks on the phone outside during a lightning storm anyway? Lots of phones have metal casings around the outside...

That would be your call. its your money! good luck to your next phone!
    Yeah I'm kinda looking forward to it. I don't want to wait until the end of the year to see what RIM has in store for the S3 plus I think it's time to just try something new...I got 30 days to try it out risk free so why not.
    07-02-10 10:24 AM

The keyboard works perfect in bbm beta. And I use crunchsms and have no lag texting or typing anywhere. Idk about the keyboard in the phone screen as I've never tried but neways...I'm on 713 too and I have almost no issues. Actually none come to mind. I'd have to meditate on it.

Not downplaying your problems. Just illustrating that not ALL s2's are faulty. Some ppl have bad luck. Just like with other phones.

07-02-10 10:25 AM
178 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD