I'd recommend staying away from BlackBerry fansites then... The same could be said for all the BlackBerry hate.

I never said I hate BB.. and i was originally here as a BB and try to stay out of the BB part of this forum, having an iPhone now and coming into here and trying to be oooooooo look at me I have an i4 would be like me going to a KKK meeting and trying to get them to watch the new Denzel Washington movie..
    07-02-10 12:23 PM
    I'm not stupid so don't suggest as such, I know what my phone does. No bugs huh?

Ever pull up a text or BBM from your messages folder? If so, how's the whole keyboard popping up thing working out for you? It does not do it all the time...same for when you call someone, when you need to pull up the keypad during a call, the keypad sometimes will not appear. Really sucks when I'm trying to dial into a conference call and have to hang up and try again since the keypad won't appear for me to dial in.

Hows the lag in SMS texting treating you? No number of battery pulls or software updates fixes the severe lag of typing an SMS message, it doesn't do it if I type at the pace of a snail, but I can type extremely fast on this thing...the lag is extremely annoying.

I'm glad your phone doesn't have the severe rebooting issue that mine has (which has gotten significantly worse since installing .713).

I've been making excuses for this crappy OS since the Storm1, time to try something different. Hopefully the bugs on Android won't drive me as crazy.

It's nice to see someone who readily admits the facts that most of that have owned either storm series have experience and/or left because of, myself included
    07-02-10 12:26 PM
    For a price. MobileMe isn't free.
    Yup, it's $99/year
    $69 for new users when buying an iPhone lol

but that's neither here or there, the point was it can still be done, plus it's extra backup if your hard drive ever crashes on your computer and you're like WTF..

lot of cool things you can do with mobileme, but I don't even have it... but it's not different than setting up that after your password is enter incorrectly 10 times it wipes all data from the phone

I'm pretty sure BB is set up the same way, that after 10 incorrect attempts the data is wiped...
    07-02-10 12:31 PM
    Personally I think it's overblown. I actually think Apple is right when they say the problem is that their OS incorrectly calculates signal strength.

Reportedly, folks haven't been able to replicate the problem where signal is strong, only where signal is moderate to weak and Apple's claim is that the phone is merely overstating signal strength.

Only one way to find out though, we'll see what the true culprit is...faulty antenna, or the iPhone OS not telling their owners just how crappy their network is.

Either way, sounds like a lose/lose.

Motorola sure made sure to get their jabs in:
    Yep and it has really made for a good laugh too.

FULL BARS
    07-02-10 12:41 PM
    $69 for new users when buying an iPhone lol

but that's neither here or there, the point was it can still be done, plus it's extra backup if your hard drive ever crashes on your computer and you're like WTF..

lot of cool things you can do with mobileme, but I don't even have it... but it's not different than setting up that after your password is enter incorrectly 10 times it wipes all data from the phone

I'm pretty sure BB is set up the same way, that after 10 incorrect attempts the data is wiped...
    Mobile ME is one more "Apple-Got'cha". Don't get me wrong the Iphone is a nice phone but it just doesn't belong in the business world. Again its a flashy toy.

JUst in My Opinion
    07-02-10 12:41 PM
    Mobile ME is one more "Apple-Got'cha". Don't get me wrong the Iphone is a nice phone but it just doesn't belong in the business world. Again its a flashy toy.

JUst in My Opinion
    I wouldn't go that far, things change. My company is working with Apple to roll out devices and secure solutions to entities within the Federal Government as it is known...to us anyway, that the acceptance is growing. The biggest hurdle is having the in-house expertise to implement and support it...which is why Apple and our company recently established an alliance.

So I wouldn't become too complacent on that theory.
    07-02-10 12:50 PM

JUst in My Opinion

While everyone including yourself is entitled to their opinion... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but many, many businesses are making the change to iPhone from BB and these days before the i4... it was 50/50 with businessmen/women

I would suspect these numbers will drastically change with the i4 maybe 70/30 iPhone... but that's just my opinion..
    07-02-10 12:51 PM
    While everyone including yourself is entitled to their opinion... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but many, many businesses are making the change to iPhone from BB and these days before the i4... it was 50/50 with businessmen/women
    I can't speak for other corporations, but it's like that here...and we're all gov't contractors.

Luckily I don't need a phone to do my job...no phone could open up and manipulate very large, complex spreadsheets that depend on VBA so yeah...

Most of the folks I report to though all have iPhones as do most partners. I mean it kinda makes sense when you think about it...it'd be ironic to be teaming up with Apple to roll out their business solutions...all the while we're all using Blackberries for business.
    07-02-10 12:56 PM

I would suspect these numbers will drastically change with the i4 maybe 70/30 iPhone... but that's just my opinion..
    How is that "bad news"? As far as I can tell, people with iPhones seem to care more about what everyone else is using, than all the rest of the cell phone users in the world. iPhone users are a breed onto themselves--their indoctrination requires that they go forth and properly proselytize for the cause.
    07-02-10 12:58 PM
    How is that "bad news"? As far as I can tell, people with iPhones seem to care more about what everyone else is using, than all the rest of the cell phone users in the world. iPhone users are a breed onto themselves--their indoctrination requires that they go forth and properly proselytize for the cause.
    I dunno...everyone I know who has one either just wants a phone that they don't have to worry about customizing or anything because they don't care or they hate it because it always drops calls.

Then again, an Apple fanboy is probably some kinda wannabe elitist so I wouldn't be friends with people like that anyway.
    07-02-10 01:10 PM
    It appears that BB Storm users are the same. This is is how many threads since the Iphone 4 came out, reassuring the Storm owners that the iPhone is not very good? A whole lot of self doubt here in this forum, but hey, just my opinion.
    07-02-10 01:21 PM
    Dave seems to be the only person in this whole thread with a crusade against the iPhone and iPhone users. He has this thought process that all iPhones are toys and the people that use them are all self absorbed and against Blackberry which is not the case, although no one is really bad mouthing his choice in smartphones. Dude just be happy with what you have were all satisfied with our choices. What seems to be your personal malfunction. I believe you just like to argue.
    07-02-10 01:29 PM
    It appears that BB Storm users are the same. This is is how many threads since the Iphone 4 came out, reassuring the Storm owners that the iPhone is not very good? A whole lot of self doubt here in this forum, but hey, just my opinion.
    Ownage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-02-10 01:31 PM
    Self doubt? Nope, I CLEARLY know what I like! Perhaps you are projecting?
    07-02-10 01:32 PM
    Dave seems to be the only person in this whole thread with a crusade against the iPhone and iPhone users. He has this thought process that all iPhones are toys and the people that use them are all self absorbed and against Blackberry which is not the case, although no one is really bad mouthing his choice in smartphones. Dude just be happy with what you have were all satisfied with our choices. What seems to be your personal malfunction. I believe you just like to argue.
    I don't mind arguing a point, if it's not with mental defectives or those who wish to muddle the convo with personal attacks, or who get off the subject, or who can't get a grip on logic or facts. I don't mind someone sharing an opinion, either, as long as it's not being disguised as a "fact". MUCH of what I write is OPINION. If you don't like my opinions, I have more where they came from.
    07-02-10 01:35 PM
    I don't mind arguing a point, if it's not with mental defectives or those who wish to muddle the convo with personal attacks, or who get off the subject, or who can't get a grip on logic or facts.
    I think you need to go look at all the facts concerning bugs and problems with the Storm line before you start dogging i4 for the antenna issue (and just because you say you don't have them either makes you a rare case, or full of it)
    07-02-10 01:41 PM
    I think you need to go look at all the facts concerning bugs and problems with the Storm line before you start dogging i4 for the antenna issue (and just because you say you don't have them either makes you a rare case, or full of it)
    He's just gonna say he does know them as he has said earlier in this thread.

07-02-10 01:45 PM
    He's just gonna say he does know them as he has said earlier in this thread.

Very true, we're beating the horse to death here... put the stick down already lmao
    07-02-10 01:48 PM
    WATCH THIS VIDEO (iPhone parody which got the guy fired from Best Buy)

07-02-10 01:48 PM
    all I care about is if the phone works for ME. And when I newbie comes here with a question that I might answer for them, I will try to help. I don't care one whit about someone who just wants to ***** about Storms. This is a place for SUPPORT, in case you hadn't noticed yet.
    07-02-10 01:49 PM
    since the Iphone 4 came out, reassuring the Storm owners that the iPhone is not very good?
    Yes! The iphone is not very good! I simply love my storm2! The storm2 works perfectly for my life at least.

I sold my white iphone 3gs..BRAND NEW IN BOX w 0minutes talk time to an exporter....

Use portion of the cash to buy the storm2 from ebay...I have no 30days exchange warranty...no 1 year warranty...i got no chance to try out the storm2 cuz its not for sale yet in my country at that time... i read the forums...i read the reviews.. i watches youtube videos... it took me 2 months to manage bid for an almost new storm2 from ebay.... got no idea why pp are selling it away... i took the risk.. that the phone might be bad.... since it ship half around the earth to my mailbox.....so much possibility the phone is not good...but!!!!

tadar!!! the storm is now perfect smart phone for me!!! Windows mobile, iphone... i will never take a look at these 2 for sure....others i never try before...but i probably will not too cuz i am too satisfied with my storm2...

now i am thinking...sh1t...storm3....if its gona be better than storm2...i got to try get one from ebay again...and the cycle goes over and over again till one day i get sick of my Storm.
    07-02-10 01:51 PM
    Yes! The iphone is not very good! I simply love my storm2! The storm2 works perfectly for my life at least.

I sold my white iphone 3gs..BRAND NEW IN BOX w 0minutes talk time to an exporter....

Use portion of the cash to buy the storm2 from ebay...I have no 30days exchange warranty...no 1 year warranty...i got no chance to try out the storm2 cuz its not for sale yet in my country at that time... i read the forums...i read the reviews.. i watches youtube videos... it took me 2 months to manage bid for an almost new storm2 from ebay.... got no idea why pp are selling it away... i took the risk.. that the phone might be bad.... since it ship half around the earth to my mailbox.....so much possibility the phone is not good...but!!!!

tadar!!! the storm is now perfect smart phone for me!!! Windows mobile, iphone... i will never take a look at these 2 for sure....others i never try before...but i probably will not too cuz i am too satisfied with my storm2...

now i am thinking...sh1t...storm3....if its gona be better than storm2...i got to try get one from ebay again...and the cycle goes over and over again till one day i get sick of my Storm.
    Could I sell you some periods?? Just 10 cents each...

People are going even more ballistic today over Apple's purported "fix". The anger on the Apple forums is far worse (as if that's possible) than it was before the annoucement. Seems the phone also has other pervasive issues such as proximity sensor problems, muting calls, etc. Diehard Apple fans are even complaining!
    Last edited by dave1812; 07-02-10 at 01:57 PM.
    07-02-10 01:53 PM
    Could I sell you some periods?? Just 10 cents each...
    i wish i can afford to buy!!! but to do that, i must buy iphone4 and sell iphone4 to get cash!!!

iphone is really worth a lot $$$. Its a phone for browsing and gaming.

e.g. Its A FACT that selling an iphone 3gs = free storm2 + few hundreds dollar spare cash in pockets.

maybe very soon...selling an iphone4g = free storm3 + few hundreds dollar spare cash in pockets too!!!

but make sure i sell it with a free bumper!
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-02-10 at 02:02 PM.
    07-02-10 01:59 PM
    Self doubt? Nope, I CLEARLY know what I like! Perhaps you are projecting?
    Projecting, hardly. I can remember when you didn't like the Storm (both 1 and 2), when your signature threatened anyone who said anything derogatory towards your posts and when you were "leaving" this forum because of the way people talked to you. I stand by my previous statement.
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 07-02-10 at 02:25 PM.
    07-02-10 02:19 PM
    Dave is clearly just a troll without a purpose guys leave him alone l, he's like that kid in class who just did obnoxious things for the attention.
    07-02-10 02:37 PM
178 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD