Get an iPod Touch with SKYPE... probably make more non dropped calls than the iPhone. Any first month electronic student would know not to hold a radio antenna while transmitting.... Jobs handled the problem "stupidly". Whats the fix... put some scotch tape all around the phone..... NOT!
    Jobs has demonstrated his usual condescension towards his customers--no surprise there. Some have reported that covering the gap with tape doesn't fix the issue. I think what's going on is that it's not JUST the bridging of the gap with bare flesh, but just the fact that body parts are obscuring the poorly thought out antenna design. I've read lots of comments from iPhone users who's attempted "fixes" have been met with variable success. Enough of them claim that tape doesn't help, that I believe there's a whole lot larger issue than what Apple has claimed. I've never trusted Apple and this fiasco with the iPhone reinforces my opinion of them (which is based primarily on my disdain for Jobs).
    07-02-10 10:25 AM
    I never claimed you were stupid!

SMS lag? HAHA! I don't have ANY SMS "lag".

You are one unlucky Storm owner. There's just no other explanation!
    I'm sure you do have it, maybe you can't type fast enough? You've gotta be typing pretty fast for it to start lagging severely. It's evident on every S2 I've ever used.

Plus its documented around here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/sm...typing-443051/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/sms-lag-304343/

Help with Blackberry Storm 2 Keyboard Lag? - Yahoo! Answers
    07-02-10 10:29 AM
    I'm sure you do have it, maybe you can't type fast enough? You've gotta be typing pretty fast for it to start lagging severely. It's evident on every S2 I've ever used.

Plus its documented around here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/sm...typing-443051/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/sms-lag-304343/

Help with Blackberry Storm 2 Keyboard Lag? - Yahoo! Answers
    I can type fast enough to keep up with a convo. Don't you worry yourself about my typing speed.
    07-02-10 10:43 AM
    Get an iPod Touch with SKYPE... probably make more non dropped calls than the iPhone. Any first month electronic student would know not to hold a radio antenna while transmitting.... Jobs handled the problem "stupidly". Whats the fix... put some scotch tape all around the phone..... NOT!
    ^^^What about the storm series? Remember when people were putting business cards in the back of their phones just to be able to type correctly? Imo my s2 is a solid device however since owning a iphone i found that i can do everything on my iphone the same as my s2. I don't get why people hate the iphone, the os is solid(no need to install hybrids) and everything works the way its suppose to(copy&paste) etc..etc..
    07-02-10 10:43 AM
    ^^^What about the storm series? Remember when people were putting business cards in the back of their phones just to be able to type correctly? Imo my s2 is a solid device however since owning a iphone i found that i can do everything on my iphone the same as my s2. I don't get why people hate the iphone, the os is solid(no need to install hybrids) and everything works the way its suppose to(copy&paste) etc..etc..
    yeah, the iPhone OS is so "solid" that they have announced an update for the antenna issue. The iPhone OS was so solid, it took TWO YEARS to get cut & paste. And what about the proximity sensor issue? Is that due to a "solid" OS as well? or is that hardware?
    07-02-10 10:45 AM
    yeah, the iPhone OS is so "solid" that they have announced an update for the antenna issue. The iPhone OS was so solid, it took TWO YEARS to get cut & paste. And what about the proximity sensor issue? Is that due to a "solid" OS as well? or is that hardware?
    ^^^true it took them two years to get c&p...The storm had it since jump, and it's still clunky...What's the point of having it if it doesn't work? Let's not talk about all the memory leak issues, or any of the other problems we suffered with the storm series...
    07-02-10 10:54 AM
    but that begs the question, why can't apps communicate efficiently with the OS to prevent these horrid memory leaks and what not from happening?

Yeah I'm kinda looking forward to it. I don't want to wait until the end of the year to see what RIM has in store for the S3 plus I think it's time to just try something new...I got 30 days to try it out risk free so why not.
    OS is the base of all. A lot time...erm...i shall use outside of the mobile as example.... e.g. software we uses in our daily life in OS such as a windows PC or even a unix platform solaris etc....Microsoft developed a fully functional OS. But a bad or not so good programmer developed an application with codes that can causes exception or memory issue. The OS is smart to detect such error and throw exception....well if the os don't detect the error and when it cant cope the OS crash!!! Its not the OS fault...its the apps or programmer fault.

To be frank, when Java make its mark...pp are so happy to have Java apps....and it so call suppose to do garbage collection/recycle....but from my experience.. Java based app do eat up memory and cause OS issues etc...C/VB/.net also not so perfect....use to have some apps developer complaint to me about oh...the OS or system is no good..its not my apps fault... but!!!! when i asked them...so did you test your apps on a W2K? Not WinXP? And they went quiet and dumb....

My point is...There's nothing wrong with the OS if its being installed in a good state....its what you feed into the OS stomach and run.

I have ever install some crappy apps into my storm2....it basically corrupted my keyboard! when i ran some apps or need do messaging...the storm2 keyboard was all over! alphabets jumble up..craps.....sometime...just dont get too greedy...trying up new apps...or probably i install the apps causes some OS files corruption.

I dont really blame my bb OS....i blame myself or the crap apps....

The upcoming OS6...i am already having some tots that some of the apps out there may not be compatible to run under OS6. I doubt RIMs will release its OS architect or codes fully to developer...to the developer..they just use whatever tools they have and to their best knowledge.

Well...if i have the chance to use a phone for 29days and return it for another phone on the 30th day.... I will definitely use that chance to try other phones!!! But do I have to pay extra $$ for the change of phone? Also the phone must be return in perfect condition without a single scratch? My country telco doesn't have such policy...so when we buy phone here we have to make careful decision...cuz it gona last 2 yrs...and the warranty and servicing also not so well covered...cuz here got no rim support office.
    07-02-10 10:56 AM
    Guys it's about to sell over 2 million before the week is over stop complaining about this and that, its obviously not that horrible of a phone despite what all you apple haters say, oh hold....sales don't equal a good phone blah blah blah you've been saying that since the iPhone 2G and people are still buying this thing like it's the end all be all phone chill out.
    Brandon, you seem to be the most dramatic poster on this entire thread. Go reread my original post -- I never said the iPhone 4 was a bad phone. I simply wanted to post my initial experiences with it. And, I still stand by my statements about the browser speed, screen brightness, and also about the iPhone's great form factor and the smoothness of the touchscreen. Regarding browser speed, there are probably plenty of non-BlackBerry ( and some BlackBerry ) users that haven't "tuned" their BB browser to be speedy and useful ( which, true, in the case of an iPhone you don't have to tune the browser to get great performance out of it, and yes, you shouldn't have to tune the BB browser settings to get good speed, but the reality is that you do ).

Don't read more into what was written other than what it plainly states. Relax and go enjoy the Fourth!
    07-02-10 11:03 AM
    I can type fast enough to keep up with a convo. Don't you worry yourself about my typing speed.
    Sounds like you got yourself a solid S2 then. Glad it's worked out well for you.
    07-02-10 11:07 AM
    Just a wild tots.. what if President obama uses iphone4 and the calls or reception drop? His secretary from whitehouse send an email to S.jobs on the issue and probably within the next hour...obama will get the free complimentary bumper!

On the other hands... those who filed a case to sue apple...they better pray the judge and whoever handling the case also have the same problems so they will rule in favour to them!
    07-02-10 11:14 AM
    Guys it's about to sell over 2 million before the week is over stop complaining about this and that, its obviously not that horrible of a phone despite what all you apple haters say, oh hold....sales don't equal a good phone blah blah blah you've been saying that since the iPhone 2G and people are still buying this thing like it's the end all be all phone chill out.
    Your right sales don't equal a good phone. Apple is good at sales and marketing which gives them such a huge following. Yes the phone is easy to use and has a great browser...I get it. Apple has problems with their phones just like everyone else. The recent antenna problems should be a clear indication of this. Whoever let that get past Quality Assurance should be fired.

For the most part I think people are willing to put up with it because they love apple products and the brand. There are not going to return their iPhone 12 times in order to get a good one like some folks do with blackberrys.
    07-02-10 11:27 AM
    Whoever let that get past Quality Assurance should be fired.

For the most part I think people are willing to put up with it because they love apple products and the brand. There are not going to return their iPhone 12 times in order to get a good one like some folks do with blackberrys.
    speaking about QA... does the states authority conduct test on the phone? i mean before apple launch official..they must pass the govt/states QA test first to ensure its conform to standard? or maybe they are all right hander...

i am pretty impress...that those bb users actually return their phones so many times and still stick with bb... either they are die hard bb user or no choice.

correction....we do have a choice..its up to us if we want or not.
    07-02-10 11:37 AM
    Your right sales don't equal a good phone. Apple is good at sales and marketing which gives them such a huge following. Yes the phone is easy to use and has a great browser...I get it. Apple has problems with their phones just like everyone else. The recent antenna problems should be a clear indication of this. Whoever let that get past Quality Assurance should be fired.

I think ppl on crackberry are picky. Not just bb users. Crackberry users have a problem, and a lot of times, the suggested fix is "everyone knows this phone sucks. Return it."

Case in point, I didn't know crackberry existed during the years I had my first 2 blackberries. They had problems, but I never wanted to trade them in for a new one. I knew that all technology had issues at some point or another. I never considered returning a phone till I came here with my problems. Still haven't though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jgreen1tc; 07-02-10 at 11:41 AM.
    07-02-10 11:38 AM
    People I know this is only the internet but your and you're are different. So is their and there."You're" means you are. Carry on.
    07-02-10 11:45 AM
    What a crock. I don't have any "basic bugs" whatsoever. Nor does my wife's phone. In more than 6 months of usage (12 combined for the two phones) I think I have had ONE random reboot. I've pulled the battery just a FEW times, to resolve a slowdown in typing or when dialing. (also, had a few apps that locked up the phone, but that's an apps issue) Other than that, the phones just keeps on functioning day after day after day....

Also, I didn't need to do "constant" OS updates. I went from 320 to 607 which I liked because of pop up keys. I loaded 713 but see (for me) just one improvement--the phone is responsive more quickly following a reboot (which I do when deleting apps or when installing some of them).
    Good for you Dave, but I don't believe it at all. I have lots of bugs and constantly wait on new updates to address them. It is hilarious you are trying to sell the Storm1 or Storm2 as perfect with no bugs.
    07-02-10 11:57 AM
    Personally I think it's overblown. I actually think Apple is right when they say the problem is that their OS incorrectly calculates signal strength.

Reportedly, folks haven't been able to replicate the problem where signal is strong, only where signal is moderate to weak and Apple's claim is that the phone is merely overstating signal strength.

Only one way to find out though, we'll see what the true culprit is...faulty antenna, or the iPhone OS not telling their owners just how crappy their network is.

Either way, sounds like a lose/lose.

Motorola sure made sure to get their jabs in:
    Last edited by fecurtis; 07-02-10 at 12:01 PM.
    07-02-10 11:58 AM
    Personally I think it's overblown. I actually think Apple is right when they say the problem is that their OS incorrectly calculates signal strength.

Reportedly, folks haven't been able to replicate the problem where signal is strong, only where signal is moderate to weak and Apple's claim is that the phone is merely overstating signal strength.

Only one way to find out though, we'll see what the true culprit is...faulty antenna, or the iPhone OS not telling their owners just how crappy their network is.

Either way, sounds like a lose/lose.
    Check out that video on YouTube. I doubt it is a software problem only. The web page just stops loading when his finger is near the corner, and then immediately starts loading fast when removed. We shall see!
    07-02-10 12:01 PM
    Good for you Dave, but I don't believe it at all. I have lots of bugs and constantly wait on new updates to address them. It is hilarious you are trying to sell the Storm1 or Storm2 as perfect with no bugs.
    1. I had so many issues with the S1 I returned it within 8 days(got a refund and went back to my dumb phone for many months)

2. I don't care what phone YOU or anyone else has.

3. If you don't believe me, that's your "reality", but it's not accurate. My phone works FINE. My wife's phone works fine.

4. ALL phones have bugs and the S2 is NO EXCEPTION. But it works plenty well enough for me. I don't get random reboots or freezes (except as I already mentioned). The phone has great call quality, great signal strength, great battery life, nice brilliant, colorful screen with deep black levels, LOUD speaker. WHY wouldn't I like this phone?? LOL!! As a PHONE, it's great. For the INTERNET, it SUCKS. Happy? (ah, don't answer that--you'll never be happy)
    07-02-10 12:01 PM
    Comments stricken for social sensitivity reasons. Did not realize you were not American.
    Last edited by dbw1000; 07-02-10 at 12:06 PM.
    07-02-10 12:03 PM
    Delete.

10char
    Last edited by fecurtis; 07-02-10 at 12:20 PM.
    07-02-10 12:05 PM
    1. I had so many issues with the S1 I returned it within 8 days(got a refund and went back to my dumb phone for many months)

2. I don't care what phone YOU or anyone else has.

3. If you don't believe me, that's your "reality", but it's not accurate. My phone works FINE. My wife's phone works fine.

4. ALL phones have bugs and the S2 is NO EXCEPTION. But it works plenty well enough for me. I don't get random reboots or freezes (except as I already mentioned). The phone has great call quality, great signal strength, great battery life, nice brilliant, colorful screen with deep black levels, LOUD speaker. WHY wouldn't I like this phone?? LOL!! As a PHONE, it's great. For the INTERNET, it SUCKS. Happy? (ah, don't answer that--you'll never be happy)
    Dave, as long as you are ranting and raving, I am happy. Free comedy always makes me smile! I think you get off on getting others riled up and ranting back at you. Your are obviously smart, and therefore given many of your points are ridiculous and condescending, makes me think you just want the reaction, not to make a point.
    07-02-10 12:05 PM
    Dave, as long as you are ranting and raving, I am happy. Free comedy always makes me smile! I think you get off on getting others riled up and ranting back at you. Your are obviously smart, and therefore given many of your points are ridiculous and condescending, makes me think you just want the reaction, not to make a point.
    Here's the deal: I never lie. I was taught at a young age not to lie, and I heeded that lesson well. If you don't believe what I've said, that's your issue. I also don't exaggerate what I've mentioned about how the phone works for me, and if you weren't so blinded by your own issues, you'd know that I have DISSED THE STORM in the past, for issues that are well behind me. I've bitched , BIG TIME, about earlier OS releases such as .75. You are new here, and therefore don't know the background of my posting history. I don't expect you to waste your time looking at my posts from April of 2009 (unless you have no life).
    07-02-10 12:10 PM
    Every Phone has its issues. I will say part of your statement is false. Any Company that wants a hold on its Data and wants to be able to control it will put a BlackBerry in their associates hands before the drop an Iphone in it. I look at the Iphone as being a glorified toy. Its a Hey look at me tactic. BlackBerry yeah I agree it may be plain and boring but you know what its a phone with data capabilities.

If that Iphone gets lost or stolen or whatever - Where did the data go? Can you send a remote kill to it? Keep in mind this is from a centrally managed server not going through Apple to do it.
    Actually you can send a remote to kill it, wipe the data and make the phone useless... it's called MobileMe
    07-02-10 12:14 PM
    Actually you can send a remote to kill it, wipe the data and make the phone useless... it's called MobileMe
    For a price. MobileMe isn't free.
    07-02-10 12:16 PM
    For a price. MobileMe isn't free.
    Yup, it's $99/year
    07-02-10 12:21 PM
178 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD