Just make sure dont press the ip4 too hard til its legendary helicopter? super duper durable screen cracks cuz it aint got any surepress!!! wahahaha
    Haha I actually thought of that! I kept trying to click the iphone 4 today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 10:52 PM
    Haha I actually thought of that! I kept trying to click the iphone 4 today

I bet you will!!!
    06-30-10 11:27 PM
    it's a coworker's. i gotta say, while the touchscreen is smooth, and it is a GREAT form factor, and the web browser renders elements slightly better, I think I'll keep my trusty Storm 2.

Screen is MUCH brighter on the S2. Yes, the text is a slight bit sharper on the iphone, but it's not any sharper than my old Bold 9000. Browser tests I did to sites like news.yahoo.com and news.google.com, there was no discernable difference in browsing speeds, and in fact, Verizon's network performed consistently better. I kept having to reload the pages on the iphone, because it would often stall. I'm running OOAK's hybrid 713/74x on my S2.

If I look at my phone's usage overall, probably 60% is mixed phone / browser use, with 40% messaging, and you can't beat a BlackBerry with its messaging prowess. After playing around with the iphone extensively, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what BlackBerry churns out with the next OS iterations and hw variants.

Just thought I'd pass along that info to any potential iphone shoppers.
    1st off it seems you use slightly very freely in your review (I'm guessing because your biased to the Blackberry platform).

Secondly the screen brightness being brighter on the Storm 2 is Kind of halarios (I'm guessing your joking or are again just being a little biased).

I think this review would have been a lot better and credible if you would have just said the Blackberry is what works better for you. Because this review isn't a very good one to base any real decision making off of.
    07-01-10 12:32 AM
    you just double post...maybe you can delete one of the above post btw did you just uses an iphone or pc to post?
    07-01-10 01:14 AM
    Denying that rim is FAR behind with respect to browsing is just as "fanboyish". That said, rim is FAR behind with respect to browsing. And apps. And hardware.

On the contrary my opinion is RIM is far ahead, if you consider the ridiculous amount of RAM they pack in the BB devices.

Its a wonder how anything works at cmparable speeds to any other platform.
    07-01-10 02:09 AM
    On the contrary my opinion is RIM is far ahead, if you consider the ridiculous amount of RAM they pack in the BB devices.

Its a wonder how anything works at cmparable speeds to any other platform.
    The iPhone 3Gs has the same RAM as the Storm2. The processors are supposedly close as well. That one I am not sure about but many claim it. I would say that brings parity! RIM is not that far behind on hardware guts considering the Storm2 came out last fall. No doubt we all want more application memory.

I amazes me that Apple got a webkit browser to work well on the first gen iPhone with a processor and RAM much less than the Storm2 in 2007, but RIM is rumored to be requiring lots more RAM and faster processors to run their webkit browser in 2010. I hope that is because of Flash and HTML5 support, not the base browser. No matter which phone you like, Apple did it well in 2007. That is an issue I wish RIM would fix!

I love my Storm2, but I am not polarized to a platform like many of you who attack any opinion that might shade your choice of phone a little negative, whichever direction you lean. Some of your replies are funny and make you seem 12 years old at best.

I have no doubt that back end rendering might make some things faster on the Storm2 for web surfing. **** RIM is banking on it for the webkit speeds it seems. Let's hope BIS gets reliable and is faster in the future, much like Opera Mini. Opera Mini on the iPhone is in many cases faster than mobile Safari in my experience. For me the Storm2 web browsing is barely passable. At home I use my iPod Touch instead, if I don't get my laptop out.

However, on full websites in general browsing if anyone here believes the Storm2 comes close to the iPhone, 3Gs or 4, you should use the devices side by side for a bit. Don't talk trash, actually try it. Do it over the cell network and then wifi. AT&T is a huge part of the iPhone's problem when things get slow, but it still beats the Storm2 quite handily in my experience. I had both. Mobile Safari is the far better browsing experience, if not just due to multi-touch support that makes panning, zooming and navigating natural and much lower effort than any BB. Why do we have two year old RIM touch screen tech but no multi-touch??

I just hope RIM fixes the experience, speed and web standard support with the webkit. That will solidify my sticking with BB for sure. It does everything else I want to do better. I do respect those that prefer other platforms. To each his or her own!
    Last edited by dbw1000; 07-01-10 at 05:51 AM.
    07-01-10 05:48 AM
    You all should remember for most of its life the iToy did not (or just barely) multitasked. It is easier to make apps look fast when they have ALL the resources at their disposal.

Why not compare the total productivity between devices; On my Storm 2 I am reporting my location by Latitude, listening to music or books via Bluetooth, getting nearly instant email, TXT, BBM, Facebook and calendar notifications and reading/posting to Crackberry via BerryBlab at any given moment. And, of course, (with WiFi) I could take a phone call to.
    I agree, but iOS4 addresses this and the 3Gs and 4 do well. With the 3G it is a disaster. Hardware wise and multi-tasking wise, the Storm2 is not behind and in some cases ahead.
    07-01-10 07:19 AM
    So I went in and played with one at the store today. I have to say Im not floored with impression. For a line for days I expected much more. The phone is thicker than the previous Iphone, No SD Slot, The screen is ungodly expensive if it gets broken I mean its like really? WHY?
    07-01-10 12:16 PM
    As a former 3g and 3gs owner (I still have the 3gs just cancelled my contract), I did not find the iPhone 4 "that amazing" enough to want to purchase one. Don't get me wrong, I love the iPhone-for a personal phone not for business. Compared to the Storm as far as speed for rendering web, not much difference. And the difference would not have swayed me either way if consistancy was important to me. As far as browsing, the iPhone wins hands down, for me anyway.
    07-01-10 01:02 PM
    So I went in and played with one at the store today. I have to say Im not floored with impression. For a line for days I expected much more. The phone is thicker than the previous Iphone, No SD Slot, The screen is ungodly expensive if it gets broken I mean its like really? WHY?
    At the local Apple store yesterday, I got the iphone to drop from 5 bars to 2 bars, by holding it NORMALLY, in my left hand. No "death grip". Lame. Very lame.
    07-01-10 02:59 PM
    ...people actually go through the trouble to replace the screen when it's broken?

Most just return it for another phone. Plus the iPhone has never had an SD slot.
    07-01-10 03:44 PM
    Quite honestly, after looking at the HTC EVO it's hard to get impressed by ANY of the other phones sitting on the display counters... seriously, the screen's size makes the other phones look drab and diminutive by comparision. Having said that, my wife couldn't use a phone like that do to it's massive size, and I'm sure that holds true for a sizeable portion of consumers. I've got very large hands, and appreciate a phone that has such a large screen, I can read it without enlarging the font and without donning my "readers".

Being a Verizon customer, I await the Droid X with a tinge of anticipation.
    07-01-10 04:07 PM
    1. Bb does appeal to the masses already. Its got e largest mobile market share..as even seen in jobs' keynote for iphone 4 release.

2. Bb browser is defo slower then iphone 4. Ud b silly to think otherwise.

3. I played w the iphone 4 for the first time today! Fantastic kit..but damn those antennae problems are true!!!! So I went n asked someone about it..n I wanted to laff when he compared holding the iphone 4 around its sides to "poking your eye". "if u knew poking ur eye would hurt, why would u do it? So why hold the iphone 4 at those places?" he said (LOL!). I answered back "but have u not seen the ad..cos every1 on it seems to b holding it that way!"

Gotta say. I was tempted by it..but apple's arrogance disgust me. Bb takes care of its customers better.. Not to mention we don't pay ridiculous prices for "magical" kits that don't make calls when u hold em lol. Again. I'm waiting for the 9800 for my upgrade! Hope bb suprises keen pushes this one out earlier than aug.

07-01-10 04:58 PM
    Guys it's about to sell over 2 million before the week is over stop complaining about this and that, its obviously not that horrible of a phone despite what all you apple haters say, oh hold....sales don't equal a good phone blah blah blah you've been saying that since the iPhone 2G and people are still buying this thing like it's the end all be all phone chill out.
    07-01-10 05:05 PM
    Guys it's about to sell over 2 million before the week is over stop complaining about this and that, its obviously not that horrible of a phone despite what all you apple haters say, oh hold....sales don't equal a good phone blah blah blah you've been saying that since the iPhone 2G and people are still buying this thing like it's the end all be all phone chill out.
    It might be a great toy (games), and is 'ok' for browsing, but as a PHONE I vehemently disagree. Here's why:

1. reception (issue with new antenna design, along with AT&T sucky service)
    2. speakerphone speaker is W I M P Y.
    3. intrusive alerts--kinda lame, don't ya think, when Apple always brags about their interfaces being "clean", intuitive, and "better" than everyone elses???
    4. lack of replaceable battery for times when you NEED a phone and the damn thing is DEAD.

Say what you want, the Jesus phone is NOT the best PHONE. It's a great toy. It's not too bad for web browsing (but the HTC EVO, and the Droid X are going to eat it for lunch in the browsing category)
    07-01-10 05:47 PM
    It might be a great toy (games), and is 'ok' for browsing, but as a PHONE I vehemently disagree. Here's why:

1. reception (issue with new antenna design, along with AT&T sucky service)
    2. speakerphone speaker is W I M P Y.
    3. intrusive alerts--kinda lame, don't ya think, when Apple always brags about their interfaces being "clean", intuitive, and "better" than everyone elses???
    4. lack of replaceable battery for times when you NEED a phone and the damn thing is DEAD.

Say what you want, the Jesus phone is NOT the best PHONE. It's a great toy. It's not too bad for web browsing (but the HTC EVO, and the Droid X are going to eat it for lunch in the browsing category)
    That fact that you personally believe it is a toy doesn't justify it *** a bad phone. Reception comes down to location. Where're I'm located Att has great service. 2, you have a problem with the speakerphone sounds like a personal problem and I'll leave it at that. 3. You dont like the alerts again sounds like another one of those personal problems. 4. You guessed it sounds like a gosh darn personal problem.

The fact that you don't like it and consider it a toy doesn't mean its not a great smartphone for for millions of others as the NUMBERS have shown over the years over and over and over and well you get it. Get past it man, it's proven to be more then a toy but why am I even saying that it seems your one of the stubborn types who's mind is made up, and I can respect that you like what you like, but don't just go around condeming everything that doesn't work for YOU.
    07-01-10 06:15 PM
    That fact that you personally believe it is a toy doesn't justify it *** a bad phone. Reception comes down to location. Where're I'm located Att has great service. 2, you have a problem with the speakerphone sounds like a personal problem and I'll leave it at that. 3. You dont like the alerts again sounds like another one of those personal problems. 4. You guessed it sounds like a gosh darn personal problem.

The fact that you don't like it and consider it a toy doesn't mean its not a great smartphone for for millions of others as the NUMBERS have shown over the years over and over and over and well you get it. Get past it man, it's proven to be more then a toy but why am I even saying that it seems your one of the stubborn types who's mind is made up, and I can respect that you like what you like, but don't just go around condeming everything that doesn't work for YOU.
    Check the app store some time. What apps are most prevalent?? GAMES. GAMES, and more GAMES. The iPhone is a good gaming phone. You want a gaming phone, so be it. I want a phone on a carrier that works EVERYWHERE I GO. My phone has worked just about everywhere I've been with it in 8 states. I had a bit of trouble inside of some buildings in some parts of Corpus Christi, TX, and I lost the data connection in Griffin Park, LA, but other than that, I've been "good to go" everywhere else on the west coast, tx, mn, mo, ks, nv. IF owning a Jesus phone means having AT&T "service", how does one justify calling it a good phone? It's PRIMARY PURPOSE ought to be MAKING & RECEIVING PHONE CALLS, for craps sake.
    07-01-10 06:21 PM
    The phone is thicker than the previous Iphone,
    You lost all credibility right here. The iPhone 4 most certainly is NOT thicker...in fact it's the thinnest smartphone in the world and thinner than any Blackberry. Try again
    07-01-10 06:44 PM
    Let me say again that I prefer BlackBerry for now. However, I argue that making phone calls is fast becoming just one of many functions a smart phone is expected to perform. In fact, I am not even sure phone covers what these things are anymore. In fact, I use my BB more for email and text than phone calls for sure. I would not call the iPhone a toy. It is actually quite a good communication device. I am amazed however that people would buy a smart phone that is a well documented crappy phone, even in good reception areas, when compared to competing products.

I thought it was funny that someone here said the iPhone 4 is thicker than the previous gen. Unless every review out there is wrong, it is thinner. I also don't think the Android phones even begin to kick its **** on web browsing. In fact, until they get true multi-touch like the Jesus phone, they don't compete yet. I know froyo brings that, and when that happens they will be equal at best.

The darn alerts are annoying for sure, and the BB's alerts plus LED are superior. The iPhone 4 addresses the battery life and the speaker phone. Every review states both of those are solved.

Dave, you have to admit that you are an iPhone hater for sure. You are a bizzaro fanboy for the Jesus phone, and your opinions are ultra aggressive. I do enjoy reading your replies for the comic nature for sure! Keep it up please.
    Last edited by dbw1000; 07-01-10 at 06:47 PM.
    07-01-10 06:45 PM
    Check the app store some time. What apps are most prevalent?? GAMES. GAMES, and more GAMES. The iPhone is a good gaming phone. You want a gaming phone, so be it. I want a phone on a carrier that works EVERYWHERE I GO. My phone has worked just about everywhere I've been with it in 8 states. I had a bit of trouble inside of some buildings in some parts of Corpus Christi, TX, and I lost the data connection in Griffin Park, LA, but other than that, I've been "good to go" everywhere else on the west coast, tx, mn, mo, ks, nv. IF owning a Jesus phone means having AT&T "service", how does one justify calling it a good phone? It's PRIMARY PURPOSE ought to be MAKING & RECEIVING PHONE CALLS, for craps sake.
    Luckily we live in a country that allows us to purchase what works for us, and ignore what doesn't. The funny thing is the iPhone can be a gaming phone or a business device it is what you make it, a luxury some platforms don't have (I won't say any names). But anyway ive proved my point and don't feel like addressing your clearly biased (with no facts to back them up) come backs. Millions are happy with their iPhones just like millions are happy with their Blackberry's and it's as simple as that despite your personal outlook on either device. It seems like you have more of a problem with Att then you do with the phone itself.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 07-01-10 at 06:53 PM.
    07-01-10 06:46 PM
    Luckily we live in a country that allows us to purchase what works for us, and ignore what doesn't. The funny thing is the iPhone can be a gaming phone or a business device it is what you make it, a luxury some platforms don't have (I won't say any names). But anyway ive proved mympoint and don't feel like addressing your clearly biased (with no facts to back them up) come backs. Millions are happy with their iPhones just like millions are happy with their Blackberry's and it's as simple as that despite your personal outlook on either device. It seems like you have more of a problem with Att then you do with the phone itself.
    The iPhone is a great device, not a great phone, but a great device. It is the most versatile device due to the apps available. The BB is good as well, and certainly not just for business. That myth is just as bad as the myth that the iPhone cannot be used for business. BB excel in many areas, and in many areas iOS4 is just catching the BB platform.

AT&T however blows for sure. Combine that with the iPhone's well documented crappy signal, and it is a bad combo. I left AT&T for this reason. Their service is good only in few areas. If you travel at all, it is the worst. I hate paying more for VZW, but it works better. I need my phone to make and receive calls all the time. You can argue it works well for you, but the data and reviews support AT&T is inferior in terms of service.
    07-01-10 06:54 PM
    I agree with one thing here the common misconception of the iPhone being nothing but a toy is just ignorance at it's best, the same with the Blackberry being solely for business. The whole service thing though I cannot empathize with because I don't have these problems.
    07-01-10 06:57 PM
    The day... where developers stop making more new games for iphone... will be the day... mass consumer stop buying and using iphone...
    07-01-10 09:13 PM
    I agree with one thing here the common misconception of the iPhone being nothing but a toy is just ignorance at it's best, the same with the Blackberry being solely for business. The whole service thing though I cannot empathize with because I don't have these problems.

You don't empathize because you don't have "these problems". Wow. I hope no one considers me rude if I say that's a tad cold, now isn't it? (surely that's not on a par with you calling me or anyone else "ignorant" )

The iphone is so great, that four lawsuits have already been filed... Multiple class action suits filed over iPhone 4 antenna

More to come. but of course, YOU don't empathize.
    Last edited by dave1812; 07-01-10 at 09:58 PM.
    07-01-10 09:43 PM
    The iphone is so great, that four lawsuits have already been filed... Multiple class action suits filed over iPhone 4 antenna

More to come. but of course, YOU don't empathize.
    I guess pp are really p1ssed off? so far all news from states. japan also released the phone right? i will google and see if any jap pp complaints.
    07-01-10 10:16 PM
178 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD