So I was in the mall Friday and was talking to a Rogers/Fido/Bell guy as I was on my way to Telus to return my pearl. (preparing for the storm) Well I decided to play with the iphone to see what I needed to check on the storm to compare with. Well the sales rep comes and he is a BB user and CB addict (so he said) Well he proceeds to tell me that the iphone is gonna be getting a clickable screen next year that is like the storm. i was like what? lol!! anyone heard this? I tried google but didn't get far. So do you think all these iphone posters that are hating on the storm will be saying how much they love the click when/if it comes out?
    11-22-08 11:22 PM
    He must have a second job working at Apple if he knows that.
    11-22-08 11:25 PM
    yah thats like high up info lol... no one would know that soo hes full of $hit lol..
    11-22-08 11:27 PM
    Why is it hard to believe? The new PowerBooks have a touchpad that's clickable just like the Storm. Seems like a normal evolution to move it to the iPhone next. However, I believe that when Apple does it, the integration of it to the phone's body will be seamless.
    11-22-08 11:30 PM
    Well I really don't know anything about iphone other than it's apple. lol!! but the thing that seemed weird to me was that he said it was 2nd generation. And I could have sworn that the other day I watched a youtube video of a 2nd generation unboxing. that's why I was like hmmmm?

And unlike VZW we have NO storms out to play with no rebates nothing and RIM is down the street! imagine that!
    11-22-08 11:36 PM
    Why is it hard to believe? The new PowerBooks have a touchpad that's clickable just like the Storm. Seems like a normal evolution to move it to the iPhone next. However, I believe that when Apple does it, the integration of it to the phone's body will be seamless.
    lol... Civic... you are nothing if not persistent... gives me something to smile about though... and again... I agree about the gap.
    11-22-08 11:39 PM
    the iphone 3g is the second generation.
    11-22-08 11:43 PM
    so maybe ne ment the 3g(3rd gen) apple 3g....
    Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants, Apple tries to patent the squeeze to zoom, but can just take the clickable screen. Will the apple fanboys start believing that Apple came up with that idea first also?
    11-23-08 08:30 AM
    so maybe ne ment the 3g(3rd gen) apple 3g....
    Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants, Apple tries to patent the squeeze to zoom, but can just take the clickable screen. Will the apple fanboys start believing that Apple came up with that idea first also?
    LOL true. One of my iPhone friends was taken aback when I told him my Palm Zire had a touch screen six years ago.
    11-23-08 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD