07-18-10 06:20 AM
41 12
tools
    These were the cell phones when I was 15, they cost about 1500, and there was NO way I was gonna get one, BUT my Dad had one....

Exactly what my Dad had too! I also remember calling him on it for something that was not an emergency and got yelled at!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 03:13 PM
    Exactly what my Dad had too! I also remember calling him on it for something that was not an emergency and got yelled at!

To this day you STILL can't call my dad on his cell phone. He's now on this special senior plan with like next to no minutes. He got mad at my mom last month because she discovered texting, or rather my niece taught her. But I got him to add a 5 dollar a month plan so they can still text. "Mom mom" has 2 teen grands.

Actually it's comical, I have to make the phone calls to customer service FOR him, and pretend to be him (with his consent, and at his insistence). He's not good at dealing with CS people, but he knows I am. I got him some CRAZY good cable deals since he pays for cable at 2 houses, their condo and their shore house.
    07-13-10 03:43 PM
    Part of the problem with being a regular reader and poster in these forums is the fact that things begin to turn gray, and what is said in one thread leaks over into another one. At the very least, for me, anyway, certain feelings carry over from other threads and there certainly is a commonality to various comments.

No, nobody here actually "bashed" the OP, my apologies if I gave that impression, though I think the trend could well be headed that way eventually! There were, however, a couple of snide remarks that left implicaitons.

Anyway, as I said, one can't always have the luxury of extended time with a device and we're left to make a decision based on whatever limited input we can receive. I'm not sure if/how/why I'd actually BUY a phone if I did not have a good first impression to begin with!

I don't think they're bashing the OP, I certainly wasn't.
    07-13-10 03:43 PM
    Holding it just seems so....right. LOL.
    07-13-10 05:26 PM

I am siked about the future of BB, specifically S2 and OS 6.0!

Carlissa

"psyched" to anticipate correctly the intentions or actions of, a derivative from or pertaining to the study of the mind. examples: Psychology, psychotic, psychoanalyze.

psych, psych, psych

Sorry, English major in college. I sometimes just can't let go.....
    Last edited by dkingsf; 07-13-10 at 05:45 PM.
    07-13-10 05:40 PM
    Thanks for that recommendation. I recently finished reading "What The Dog Saw" by Gladwell and found it fascinating reading. I will check this out!

Read the book Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. You may find for experts (and we are all experts with smart phones), your immediate impression is correct.

Yes it will take more than an hour to fully learn the device but, our first millisecond will tell us if the device is right for us. It took me no longer than that to understand the Storm 2 was the best device available at that time for me. And, it still is.
    07-13-10 05:45 PM
    "psyched" to anticipate correctly the intentions or actions of, a derivative from or pertaining to the study of the mind. examples: Psychology, psychotic, psychoanalyze.

psych, psych, psych

Sorry, English major in college. I sometimes just can't let go.....
    Lmao. I should of been a proof reader because I catch everything,even in my college textbooks I used to catch mistakes all the time. I purposely spelled it like that! I am a nurse but also was an English major.

07-13-10 05:55 PM
    Lmao. I should of been a proof reader because I catch everything,even in my college textbooks I used to catch mistakes all the time. I purposely spelled it like that! I am a nurse but also was an English major.

Ohhhh. Artistic license then. Well, dat be differnt.
    07-13-10 06:04 PM
    Yeah! Blackberries are FREAKING AMAZING! Their OS put's Android to Shame! lmfao...
    07-14-10 03:06 PM
    Thank you for this very intelligent and helpful post. Is daycare out already? You should be running home to Mommy, not hanging out here. Speaking of which, why are you even here to begin with?

I'm so tired of the lamers.....

Yeah! Blackberries are FREAKING AMAZING! Their OS put's Android to Shame! lmfao...
    07-14-10 05:33 PM
    Amen to that

07-14-10 05:46 PM
    Thank you for this very intelligent and helpful post. Is daycare out already? You should be running home to Mommy, not hanging out here. Speaking of which, why are you even here to begin with?

Your post wasn't very intelligent or helpful either.... Just saying. Not so sure why people get so upset over an opinion.
    07-14-10 08:56 PM

Shove it woman. I don't need to hear your meat wrapper babbling about what you think I should do.

Your post wasn't very intelligent or helpful either.... Just saying. Not so sure why people get so upset over an opinion.
    lol
    07-18-10 01:47 AM
    Yeah! Blackberries are FREAKING AMAZING! Their OS put's Android to Shame!...
    Now that's the first sensible thing you've said.
    07-18-10 03:03 AM
    I know a lot of people jump on threads like saying, "who cares?" or "why do people post these?". I dunno, I do see the value of these posts to a degree -- if you're thinking of shopping around, it is nice to know what other BB enthusiasts think. Maybe we get *Rants and Raves* or a *Device Experiences* sub-forum (like the S1 forum sub-forums), so that people who don't care can just avoid it altogether. Or maybe they could merge the S1 and S2 forums into one big happy family?

Whatever, I don't really mind these types of posts, as long as they are somewhat insightful.
    Agreed, doesn't bother me either. There are obviously different types of phones for different types of people. Posts like these just show how people prefer BB over other phones. Nothing wrong w/that at all.

We adjust, we adapt, we recognize what is intuitive--to US. Not everyone has the opportunity to spend hours, if not days and weeks, with any specific device. The best shot most people have is by going in to the store and playing with the various offerings. A select few are more fortunate if they have a friend who happens to own a particular device we're interested in, but that is a very small percentage.

I've never had more than an hour to mess with an Android device and that was thanks to a friend from out of town who was visiting. Other than that, all I can do is go into the stores. I know I've not been particularly impressed with Android, it's just not working--for ME. I don't "hate it" or consider it "junk" rather, it isn't floating my boat. On the other hand, beginning about six years ago, I did not have that experience with the BB OS. For me, it was more intuitive and appealed to my sense of how things should work.

Most recently, I spent a fair amount of time at the VZW store, doing side-by-side comparisons between my S2 and the DInc. For the most part, I was there to compare the displays. My first experience, reviewing the DInc that belonged to a business acquaintance had me thinking the DInc's display was horrible. But, after a debate here in the forums, I decided to go check it out again. I discovered that the setup on the first one I saw was probably poor and with the store model, after tweaking it to what appeared best to me, I was fairly impressed. I did very critical, side-by-side comparisons, using photos (I'm a professional photographer) I had uploaded to one of my websites specifically for this purpose. I had uploaded various gray scale and resolution charts as well as photos of both intense color and very subtle color and also, black and white photos. I learned that the DInc was noticeably better at displaying subtle colors, but I strongly suspect that if this was not a side-by-side comparison, it would not have been as obvious. The DInc seemed to over-saturate colors, especially reds and oranges, but also yellows and greens. Screen brightness (both set on Max) for the DInc was not as good as that of the S2. In the end, I called it a draw. But, in the process of doing all of that, I also spent some time playing yet again with the UI and simply decided it wasn't for me (though, I will try yet again when the X comes out this week, I'm excited about it). I realize that if all I had was a Droid, I would eventually grow accustomed to it, perhaps even like it, but when I have something else that simply works for me and is easy for me, why would I want to change if there were not other compelling reasons (again, for me...how many times must we say this)?

Don't bash the OP because they made their decision based on in-store only reviews. For most, that's the best they can do and at LEAST THEY'RE DOING THAT! How many posts do we read around here, complaining about something when we realize they made their decision without any hands-on time?
    Well said...

Yeah, when I read his post, I thought the same thing.

Seriously?

----------

I've been a BB user for a few years now. It too works for me and have yet to switch. Notice I said "yet". I don't know how many times I've compared my Storm to other people's phones. There are things some phones can do and cannot. Minus the lag and lack of processing/memory on my S1, if other Droid/iPhone users can say "wow that's pretty cool" to my S1, then it's doing something right.
    07-18-10 04:27 AM
    Play nice children don't make papa mod take out his mod stick!

07-18-10 06:20 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD