Nope not at all, ok so I liked the browsing but that is all. I could never get used to Droid OS. We were at Verizon so my 16 year old could be added to the plan and I told him he could have any phone and after an hour of playing with phones, he was stuck on BB curve. My 15 year old son has a Droid now and is asking me to use my early upgrade so he can get a BB curve because he hates his phone. I love my S2 so ill use my upgrade for him. My husband has a BB curve also. They don't like my S2 either but at least they are loving BB OS. I guess this whole family are BB fans for life!

I am siked about the future of BB, specifically S2 and OS 6.0!

Carlissa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 08:23 PM
    Played with myself at Verizon. It was incredible......
    07-12-10 09:01 PM
    Nope not at all, ok so I liked the browsing but that is all. I could never get used to Droid OS. We were at Verizon so my 16 year old could be added to the plan and I told him he could have any phone and after an hour of playing with phones, he was stuck on BB curve. My 15 year old son has a Droid now and is asking me to use my early upgrade so he can get a BB curve because he hates his phone. I love my S2 so ill use my upgrade for him. My husband has a BB curve also. They don't like my S2 either but at least they are loving BB OS. I guess this whole family are BB fans for life!

Carlissa

That was nice to know
    07-12-10 09:05 PM
    I still don't know why people find it plausible to boast that they went somewhere and "played" with a device and decided it sucked or it wasn't for them. No offense to anyone, but spending what, 20 minutes to go through the phones features? I could never do that. I went to the movies this afternoon and before the show started, there were these two stooges discussing how this device sucked, how great that one is, blah, blah. Enough already! I am convinced that if a company launched a device tomorrow that did everything, people would still complain about it. I am happy and thankful I got rid of my 3GS and am not a bit envious of anyone who now owns an iPhone 4. All the problems they are having reminds me of the 1st gen device.
    07-12-10 09:29 PM
    I still don't know why people find it plausible to boast that they went somewhere and "played" with a device and decided it sucked or it wasn't for them. No offense to anyone, but spending what, 20 minutes to go through the phones features? I could never do that. I went to the movies this afternoon and before the show started, there were these two stooges discussing how this device sucked, how great that one is, blah, blah. Enough already! I am convinced that if a company launched a device tomorrow that did everything, people would still complain about it. I am happy and thankful I got rid of my 3GS and am not a bit envious of anyone who now owns an iPhone 4. All the problems they are having reminds me of the 1st gen device.
    True, I agree, I think people have preconceived notions about phones which causes them to dislike every little thing. I'm sorry, but an hour is not long enough to try a phone out. Thats why they have a 30 day return policy, not 24 hours.
    07-12-10 09:43 PM
    Whole family uses bb!!! BBM is good for connecting family ya?
    07-12-10 10:38 PM
    Man, I wish when I was 15 my mom would have bought me a cell phone, let alone one with a $30 data plan!

07-12-10 11:35 PM
    Please becareful of what u post on droid n iphone because there are a lot non bb owners lurking in berry forum and they don't like any bad comments on their phones. Its weird that we don't see bb user going droid or apple forum so frequent. I think maybe their forum is too boring?

07-13-10 12:58 AM
    lol! that was awesome.
    07-13-10 01:21 AM
    This thread made me throw up a little. In my mouth. Just a little....

07-13-10 03:52 AM
    having both devices i can easily say the Inc is a nice device just like the storm 2. an hour doesn't begin to touch what it can do. The navigation will blow almost all the Garmins, tom toms etc out of the water. and that is ALL those devices can do. It does have some downfalls in the OS but if you had it for a day or 2 i bet you would change your mind.
    07-13-10 08:31 AM
    having both devices i can easily say the Inc is a nice device just like the storm 2. an hour doesn't begin to touch what it can do. The navigation will blow almost all the Garmins, tom toms etc out of the water. and that is ALL those devices can do. It does have some downfalls in the OS but if you had it for a day or 2 i bet you would change your mind.
    I totally agree. Moreover comparing a touch device (Droid) and a non-touch device (BB Curve) is definitely apples and oranges.
    07-13-10 08:59 AM
    I know a lot of people jump on threads like saying, "who cares?" or "why do people post these?". I dunno, I do see the value of these posts to a degree -- if you're thinking of shopping around, it is nice to know what other BB enthusiasts think. Maybe we get *Rants and Raves* or a *Device Experiences* sub-forum (like the S1 forum sub-forums), so that people who don't care can just avoid it altogether. Or maybe they could merge the S1 and S2 forums into one big happy family?

Whatever, I don't really mind these types of posts, as long as they are somewhat insightful.
    07-13-10 09:02 AM
    hahaha good work.
    07-13-10 11:07 AM
    10 minutes of playing with a phone is definitely not enough. To each their own, though. I would think a BB would be too boring for a teenager.
    07-13-10 11:16 AM

Carlissa

Best of luck running OS 6 on the S2...I'd save that upgrade if I were you and use it on a BB phone with larger internal memory.

I have a great feeling that the S2 won't have the memory to run OS 6 smoothly, much like the S1 with 5.0 OS and the iPhone 3G and 3GS with iOS4.

My roommate has a DInc, the OS certainly has a learning curve to it (much like with a Blackberry) but once you get the hang of it, it's not bad.
    07-13-10 11:43 AM
    We adjust, we adapt, we recognize what is intuitive--to US. Not everyone has the opportunity to spend hours, if not days and weeks, with any specific device. The best shot most people have is by going in to the store and playing with the various offerings. A select few are more fortunate if they have a friend who happens to own a particular device we're interested in, but that is a very small percentage.

I've never had more than an hour to mess with an Android device and that was thanks to a friend from out of town who was visiting. Other than that, all I can do is go into the stores. I know I've not been particularly impressed with Android, it's just not working--for ME. I don't "hate it" or consider it "junk" rather, it isn't floating my boat. On the other hand, beginning about six years ago, I did not have that experience with the BB OS. For me, it was more intuitive and appealed to my sense of how things should work.

Most recently, I spent a fair amount of time at the VZW store, doing side-by-side comparisons between my S2 and the DInc. For the most part, I was there to compare the displays. My first experience, reviewing the DInc that belonged to a business acquaintance had me thinking the DInc's display was horrible. But, after a debate here in the forums, I decided to go check it out again. I discovered that the setup on the first one I saw was probably poor and with the store model, after tweaking it to what appeared best to me, I was fairly impressed. I did very critical, side-by-side comparisons, using photos (I'm a professional photographer) I had uploaded to one of my websites specifically for this purpose. I had uploaded various gray scale and resolution charts as well as photos of both intense color and very subtle color and also, black and white photos. I learned that the DInc was noticeably better at displaying subtle colors, but I strongly suspect that if this was not a side-by-side comparison, it would not have been as obvious. The DInc seemed to over-saturate colors, especially reds and oranges, but also yellows and greens. Screen brightness (both set on Max) for the DInc was not as good as that of the S2. In the end, I called it a draw. But, in the process of doing all of that, I also spent some time playing yet again with the UI and simply decided it wasn't for me (though, I will try yet again when the X comes out this week, I'm excited about it). I realize that if all I had was a Droid, I would eventually grow accustomed to it, perhaps even like it, but when I have something else that simply works for me and is easy for me, why would I want to change if there were not other compelling reasons (again, for me...how many times must we say this)?

Don't bash the OP because they made their decision based on in-store only reviews. For most, that's the best they can do and at LEAST THEY'RE DOING THAT! How many posts do we read around here, complaining about something when we realize they made their decision without any hands-on time?
    07-13-10 12:10 PM
    first off I did not bash the droid, simply put this family prefers the BB OS and all my kids friends ALL have BB and they love them. I have played with the droid OS enough, my 15 year old has it and I still just don't like it. I am stuck on BB and it works for ME! Further more I am IN the Storm 2 BB forums and I will and CAN post whatever I feel about the BB as THIS is the place to do it! Its not like I'm on the droid forums bashing them! Those of you who have left BB for droid don't deserve to continue to chat on the BB forums IF you don't have anything NICE to say, just browse and keep your mouths shut! So I get flamed for being a loyal Storm2 BB customer, oh well at least I'm in MY forums and not hanging out on droids forums! Get a life people! I'm sure someone wanted to know that they aren't the only ones left who still love their BBs!

07-13-10 12:23 PM
    We adjust, we adapt, we recognize what is intuitive--to US. Not everyone has the opportunity to spend hours, if not days and weeks, with any specific device. The best shot most people have is by going in to the store and playing with the various offerings. A select few are more fortunate if they have a friend who happens to own a particular device we're interested in, but that is a very small percentage.

I've never had more than an hour to mess with an Android device and that was thanks to a friend from out of town who was visiting. Other than that, all I can do is go into the stores. I know I've not been particularly impressed with Android, it's just not working--for ME. I don't "hate it" or consider it "junk" rather, it isn't floating my boat. On the other hand, beginning about six years ago, I did not have that experience with the BB OS. For me, it was more intuitive and appealed to my sense of how things should work.

Most recently, I spent a fair amount of time at the VZW store, doing side-by-side comparisons between my S2 and the DInc. For the most part, I was there to compare the displays. My first experience, reviewing the DInc that belonged to a business acquaintance had me thinking the DInc's display was horrible. But, after a debate here in the forums, I decided to go check it out again. I discovered that the setup on the first one I saw was probably poor and with the store model, after tweaking it to what appeared best to me, I was fairly impressed. I did very critical, side-by-side comparisons, using photos (I'm a professional photographer) I had uploaded to one of my websites specifically for this purpose. I had uploaded various gray scale and resolution charts as well as photos of both intense color and very subtle color and also, black and white photos. I learned that the DInc was noticeably better at displaying subtle colors, but I strongly suspect that if this was not a side-by-side comparison, it would not have been as obvious. The DInc seemed to over-saturate colors, especially reds and oranges, but also yellows and greens. Screen brightness (both set on Max) for the DInc was not as good as that of the S2. In the end, I called it a draw. But, in the process of doing all of that, I also spent some time playing yet again with the UI and simply decided it wasn't for me (though, I will try yet again when the X comes out this week, I'm excited about it). I realize that if all I had was a Droid, I would eventually grow accustomed to it, perhaps even like it, but when I have something else that simply works for me and is easy for me, why would I want to change if there were not other compelling reasons (again, for me...how many times must we say this)?

Don't bash the OP because they made their decision based on in-store only reviews. For most, that's the best they can do and at LEAST THEY'RE DOING THAT! How many posts do we read around here, complaining about something when we realize they made their decision without any hands-on time?
    I don't think they're bashing the OP, I certainly wasn't.
    07-13-10 12:34 PM
    Shouldn't this be moved to the Android section?
    07-13-10 12:45 PM
    And who is definitely bashing who here? Rocks are being thrown all over in this glass house!
    07-13-10 12:57 PM
    Man, I wish when I was 15 my mom would have bought me a cell phone, let alone one with a $30 data plan!

These were the cell phones when I was 15, they cost about 1500, and there was NO way I was gonna get one, BUT my Dad had one....

07-13-10 01:07 PM
    ..But.... was 20 minutes enough for you to make an informed decision??
    07-13-10 01:22 PM
    ..But.... was 20 minutes enough for you to make an informed decision??
    I decided I liked it and it was worth 20 minutes..absolutely INCREDIBLE!
    07-13-10 01:32 PM
    I will admit the Incredible is cool... I found it very snappy and quick... I wish my storm2 was that fast... especially on the web. I love the BB for many reasons but communication, which I think is a phones primary task, is far superior on the BB system.... for now.....
    07-13-10 02:12 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD