I didn't immediately fall in love with it. It is my brother's and he let me goof with it for a bit (changed his theme to a lovely pink Hello Kitty!)

It was nice enough and somewhat faster than my Storm, but typing on the thing was near impossible for me. The key's are so tiny! Apps were definitely snappier.

The screen didn't impress me overmuch either. Surfing the web on a screen the size of a saltine was just annoying. Maps looked good, unless you zoomed out too far. Apps also looked good, but again reading on the screen was a bit annoying.

I did really like the trackball though, esp for the browser. Putting one of the storm would be ridiculous though; it would look like a giant outie in the middle of that nice flat surface.

While it fit nicely in my hand, it lacked a certain heft that I like. The storm's probably not much heavier but it feels more solid.

So, I'm not going to switch from my storm anytime soon. With the os's (mostly) getting better, I think this is going to live up to the potential it has.

Just my $0.02.
    03-01-09 10:55 PM
    Lmao on the hello kitty theme...
    03-01-09 11:02 PM
    Agree ^ (Ex Curve user here)
    03-01-09 11:08 PM
    i think a trackball would be neat on the storm, fit it in right
    between the bb button the the back key, so instead of :

[snd][bb][<-][end]

it would be:

[snd][BB{O}<-][end]

bb being the bb key obviously, the o being the trackball, and the <- being the back arrow. the brackets are the buttons

it would making navigation sometimes much easier. just my opinion though.
    03-01-09 11:31 PM
    i think a trackball would be neat on the storm, fit it in right
    between the bb button the the back key, so instead of :

[snd][bb][<-][end]

it would be:

[snd][BB{O}<-][end]

bb being the bb key obviously, the o being the trackball, and the <- being the back arrow. the brackets are the buttons

it would making navigation sometimes much easier. just my opinion though.
    I agree, coming from the curve to the storm, I'm constantly missing the trackball, especially when editing text. If they put the same hardware that is on the bold, I think that would look awesome.

Maybe they could put some sort of 'lock trackball' funtion that you could place on a convenience key, just cause you wouldn't need it all the time.
    03-02-09 12:31 AM
    The BlackBerry SOLD!!!!
    03-02-09 12:58 AM
    everytime i play with my girlfriend's 8900 im constantly trying to press the screen. the storm was my first blackberry so i dont have that feeling of missing the trackball.. i guess it's the same as an amputee experiencing a "ghost limb"
    03-02-09 01:04 AM
    wow nice photoshop job i wouldnt be suprised to see that on the new version it actually fits nicely!
    03-02-09 01:12 AM
    I didn't immediately fall in love with it. It is my brother's and he let me goof with it for a bit (changed his theme to a lovely pink Hello Kitty!)

It was nice enough and somewhat faster than my Storm, but typing on the thing was near impossible for me. The key's are so tiny! Apps were definitely snappier.

The screen didn't impress me overmuch either. Surfing the web on a screen the size of a saltine was just annoying. Maps looked good, unless you zoomed out too far. Apps also looked good, but again reading on the screen was a bit annoying.

I did really like the trackball though, esp for the browser. Putting one of the storm would be ridiculous though; it would look like a giant outie in the middle of that nice flat surface.

While it fit nicely in my hand, it lacked a certain heft that I like. The storm's probably not much heavier but it feels more solid.

So, I'm not going to switch from my storm anytime soon. With the os's (mostly) getting better, I think this is going to live up to the potential it has.

Just my $0.02.
    Luckily my friends are 'berry virgins. They'd die for the Hello Kitty joke
    03-02-09 01:12 AM
    That would be pretty cool to have a trackball, or like a scroll wheel like in the old BB's because it would blend in better than a trackball and would still be useful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 01:15 AM
    Sir I gotta disagree. I have the curve and its amazing the storm was way to slow the touch screen works like garbage. But that's why america is so great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 01:23 AM
    A track ball wouldn't be that great on the storm because it would have to be so low on the phone. try holding your storm with 1 hand that low and walking around. For my hands at least it wouldn't work, at least not comfortably.
    03-02-09 01:44 AM
    ...(changed his theme to a lovely pink Hello Kitty!)...
    you should have changed his ringtone to "it's raining men", too...
    03-02-09 01:46 AM
    The BlackBerry SOLD!!!!
    Wouldve been so much better. Whats even cooler is how it changes its appearance when reflected!
    03-02-09 03:01 AM
    A track ball wouldn't be that great on the storm because it would have to be so low on the phone. try holding your storm with 1 hand that low and walking around. For my hands at least it wouldn't work, at least not comfortably.
    itd work nicely on landscape mode though... =]
    03-02-09 03:08 AM
    you should have changed his ringtone to "it's raining men", too...
    That would have been awesome!
    03-02-09 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD