Is it safe to pop this off to clean behind? I'm sure it will come off I am just worried about getting it back on. Does it just snap in place or is it glued down?

I got some dust built up behind the plastic where the flash is and its driving me nuts. Anyway to clean it?
    05-22-10 06:22 PM
    Its glued on and it should just stick back on close to the same as It was before. Unless u pull it off all the time of course the glue will give.
    Last edited by DevJohnny; 05-22-10 at 09:49 PM.
    05-22-10 09:43 PM
    So its safe and will just pop off? Anything you would recommend to use to pop it off?
    05-23-10 01:53 AM
    You should be able to get under it with the edge of a credit card, but anything real flat like that will work. Just a little warning though. The glue is always tacky, which is great because that means you can take the cover off and put it back on many times without problem. The problem with this is cleaning. I would suggest that you only clean the back side of the cover if it is completely necessary and then you need to be VERY careful. Whatever you wipe with can not stray into the glue area or you will have a mess. Two things happen; the glue picks up fuzzies or whatever from your cloth, and the glue gets transported to places you don't want it. I learned this the hard way! And do not use a q-tip...lol! They are way too fuzzy. Trust me on this. The best thing I found to do was wrap a microfiber cloth around the end of a very small screwdriver. Then wipe that around with the precision of a surgeon so it doesn't stray into the glue. Maybe use air if possible.

Good luck!
    05-23-10 02:00 AM
    Thanks for the help. It was easier than I thought but I now see what you mean as there were a few places where the glue was thin and broke. I tried to lay it back where it was but I am afraid dust may now get under easier cause I had to remove a strand that stretched as I was pulling so it didn't end up over the lens when I put the cover back on. Oh well looks much much better and it can't be any worse cause it got under there in the first place.
    05-23-10 10:56 AM
    This sounds like a case where the "fix" was worse than the original problem. Besides, who cares if there is some dust by the LED? As long as the lens isn't obscured, why go to all the trouble, only to end up with more problems? Before I read post #5, I knew that things were going to go sour. Resist the temptation to screw around with MINOR blemishes next time.
    05-23-10 04:09 PM
    Seems like cnn.cn or maybe it was eBay I saw that had new covers, probably with the adhesive ready to go. If things get too bad that might be the way to go!
    05-23-10 07:01 PM
    Actually I am very pleased with the results. If dust got under there in the first place it obviously wasn't sealed anyway. It is set fine, isn't loose, and looks perfect. The glue thing isn't a big deal and I am just guessing that if the glue did hold out dust then a tiny bit more may get in there. It's not like I am missing half of the glue just a small piece. Well time will tell what happens and I have already looked into getting a replacement just in case. It's cheap and easy and I am actually much happier now cause the dust was annoying me quite a bit and started to get in by the camera lens.

I meant this as good results not that something went wrong. I just stated it so anyone reading it could know to maybe be extra careful peeling it off. All in all it was very easy but I have to give it some time to see if the dust worsens or glue gives a little, then and only then will I know if it was worth it. As of now I think it was ad I am happy. Sorry if sent across the wrong message.
    05-23-10 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD