Right before the get go I performed a search and did not find anything of relevance I am also looking for people with similar experience and/or fixes, advice and so on I myself have a storm and for comparitive reasons my partner has a curve 8900 and well I find my storm tends to not be connected to bis and that I have signal and it won't send emails and bbm and so on and it happens often, I contacted Vodafone and they ensure me nothing is wrong with the handset and it could be my Sim on another note my partners phone has signal all the time and never loses it and in the same places and often I am sos or no signal at all, looking for feedback otherwise I will hav to change handset and really that's a shame

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 07:24 AM
    You can try resending your service books. Sometimes that helps. But honestly the last time I had a problem like this, it was because I had a bad upload from a leaked build. A wipe and reinstall fixed that one up quick.

BTW, completely off-topic, but you may as well just come right out and say boyfriend. Odds are you'll confuse the bigoted among us into thinking you're a woman, because let's face it, they are typically pretty narrow minded and really want the world to fit into their neat little black and white view. Don't they suffer enough having to live like that, that we don't need to unnecessarily burden them with thinking? I mean sure, it'd be funny as all h3ll to throw them into one of the more seedy gay bars in San Francisco's Castro district with a bunch of transvestites and all, but it's a little mean... Which is why it would be so funny, but we should (try to) rise above that. Anyway, this concludes my off-topic commentary.
    Last edited by bigman2; 02-19-09 at 07:54 AM.
    02-19-09 07:49 AM
    There ARE some issues with the radio code in some of the leaked builds, .99 for example. HOPEFULLY the next major release (read official) will have solid radio code. CX has hinted at this.
    02-19-09 08:57 AM
    i am having problems with dropped calls on vzn with the storm...that i didn't have with the curve. so are you saying a new os could improve call quality as well?
    02-19-09 09:10 AM
    I had this issue with .90. I was always losing my data connection. I upgraded to .103 and have not had a single issue.
    02-19-09 10:41 AM
    i am having problems with dropped calls on vzn with the storm...that i didn't have with the curve. so are you saying a new os could improve call quality as well?
    Hard to say, since there are so many possibilities of why this is. It could just be that with all the new Storm users, load on VZW towers has increased and that's leading to the dropped calls... And it would have happened whether you were still using your Curve or not.
    02-19-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD