Every time I try to do this I cannot get the keyboard to come up on the home screen. It doesn't even give me the option for it. How else can I access the keyboard on the home screen?
    Set one of your convenience keys to launch the Virtual KeyBoard in Options. That will allow you to make the keyboard display on the homescreen.
    10-08-10 09:34 AM
    Set one of your convenience keys to launch the Virtual KeyBoard in Options. That will allow you to make the keyboard display on the homescreen.
    Well that was worth it. Gained a whole tenth of a point of memory.

I hate this phone.
    10-08-10 03:29 PM
    This one doesn't come up too often, but I thought I'd add it to the tips and tricks list.

I am selling my Pearl 8130 on ebay & I did the security wipe. But when I push the green "send" button, it still lists my phone number on there... is there anyway to get that to come off of there? I'd like to not have them know my phone number! Verizon wasn't much help, they just said, they can't do anything w/your number. Well I tend to disagree w/that... but anyways, could someone help me out with this, please!!!
    Press the SEND button, type in ##000000, Press SEND again

Edit your number to all zeros or whatever you want it to say ( ex. 0000000000)

Press the Menu button > Save

You can overwrite the IMSI_S number too. They will be reprogrammed when the new owner activates the device using *228 option 1.
    10-28-10 11:28 AM
    Bringing this thread back to life...

Just got a refurb'd 9530 to replace my broken one and the new one came with 5.0.0.328

I have 2 email accounts and I used to get the red star on the account that had new mail. Well, this phone doesn't do it and it is annoying guessing which one it is. I don't used the Messages folder as I hate that folder and have it hidden away. Any way you can help?
    02-18-11 01:07 AM
679 ... 262728
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD