28/29 MB is not bad at all, I run that on mine routinely with no issues. Those with higher bootup memory have typically followed the steps here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

As for the dropping memory, make sure you are closing out of apps properly, not just backing out of them with the escape key.
    10-27-09 05:19 PM
    great thanks for the response and all the help!
    10-27-09 06:25 PM
    hey Pk and Michael long time no hear from I have been gone from the forum for a while I am back now. Question I am using dvd fab 5 to download movies to my blk bry storm. I am cool until I get to the click and drag. When I connect my blk bry storm to my computer nomally its two windows that pop up. Now I don't get no windows to pop up. Can you help me out? My auto enable mass storage mode spport is in the on position. Frustrated!!!

RickRay89
    10-29-09 11:02 PM
    Sorry to make you wait all night for an answer bud. I've been seeing this problem a lot lately. Try the fix listed here Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack.com . Should solve the issues you are having.

Hope that does it, if not, come back and we'll work through it. Good to see you back.
    10-30-09 06:29 AM
    Hi All,

I'm interested in upgrading to a Blackberry Storm thru Verizon. I have a traditional website with videos that I've tried to view in the Verizon store before I purchase to make sure I can view them. I tried, the staff tried, and no one has been able to answer why we can't see them. My original video was in Flash, (I understand BB doesn't support Flash @ this time), so I re-uploaded it as a .wmv file but we still can't view it. I've had people try it on their personal BB Storms to no avail. Do I need to post my site as a mobile website to see it? ANY help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    11-05-09 02:45 AM
    Try uploading in a more commonly supported format for BBs. Something such as 3gpp or mp4. You may have more luck that way, and have a broader audience able to view your vids.
    11-05-09 12:47 PM
    Is there a way to view where your memory is being used. My wifes storm barely has any apps, but her available memory is less than 20 MB after a battery pull.
    11-05-09 02:01 PM
    Is there a way to view where your memory is being used. My wifes storm barely has any apps, but her available memory is less than 20 MB after a battery pull.
    There is no way to view where your application memory is being used other than Options > Applications > Then by clicking Third party on the top right. It will show the Size of the application. But there is no way to see whats eating up more memory than it should be.
    11-05-09 02:21 PM
    There is no way to view where your application memory is being used other than Options > Applications > Then by clicking Third party on the top right. It will show the Size of the application. But there is no way to see whats eating up more memory than it should be.

One quick correction here. There is no native way to do this within the OS. However, there is an application Task Manager Process Viewer which should provide some of what you are looking to do. $1.99, and offers a free trial. http://software.crackberry.com/produ...Process-Viewer
    11-05-09 03:03 PM
    11-05-09 04:14 PM
    thx. i will try them.
    11-05-09 05:08 PM
    michaelwpg hey u are my hero, that thread you sent me to worked to a T. Now can you or anyone tell me what software can I use to download my dvd's to my blkbry? I am currently using dvd fab 5 and 6 and gives me an error message and then it stops playing? Thanks again.
    11-06-09 09:09 AM
    Very welcome bud. Always happy to help.

Might want to look here for conversion, it's pretty detailed http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/bl...n-howto-99653/ uses Super C.

I'll be back in a few with a couple more suggestions. Asking someone more knowledgeable than me on dvd conversion for BB.
    11-06-09 10:01 AM
    11-06-09 10:11 AM
    It makes the Storm worth more when you go to sell it, and allows more people to be able to use it. An unlocked Storm can be used on any GSM carrier. So besides being able to sell it to Verizon customers, you would be able to sell it to Tmo, ATT, or any GSM carrier. You would NOT be able to sell it to any CDMA carrier as they work differently.
    PKCable: thanks, this actually answered my question about buying an unlocked Storm and using it on VZW, even after a lot of searching before now. With a clean ESN and PIN I should be good to Storm ?
    11-06-09 12:32 PM
    PKCable: thanks, this actually answered my question about buying an unlocked Storm and using it on VZW, even after a lot of searching before now. With a clean ESN and PIN I should be good to Storm ?
    With a clean ESN and PIN, you are good to go.

Happy BBing, and you know where to come if you need help with your new device.
    11-06-09 01:01 PM
    With a clean ESN and PIN, you are good to go.

Happy BBing, and you know where to come if you need help with your new device.
    Wouldn't even consider the device without CB having my back
    11-06-09 02:04 PM
    My camera won't start up on my Storm. The messages says unable to start camera, try closing other applications and retry. I did a battery pull, 24 MB available after, and still got the same message. Any tricks to troubleshoot the camera?
    11-09-09 12:38 PM
    My camera won't start up on my Storm. The messages says unable to start camera, try closing other applications and retry. I did a battery pull, 24 MB available after, and still got the same message. Any tricks to troubleshoot the camera?
    Try the suggestions here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/cam...t-work-211275/
    11-09-09 12:43 PM
    thx, I'll give it a try
    11-09-09 02:03 PM
    hey guys again another question, this new update 5.0.0328 I think why is it that my blkbry moblile app that I downloaded I can't find it? Can I make an icon for it so I go to it faster or what? Help thanks
    11-09-09 11:04 PM
    No luck. i tried deleting apps like Slacker, but nothing happened. I did notice that there is only 5,000kb of RAM available. Right after a battery pull. Do you think if I do the 5.0 upgrade, it will help?
    11-11-09 02:18 PM
    Sorry guys, I've tried searching for this but couldn't find it. If I have a .jad file and a .cod file, is there any way to get the .alx file?
    11-12-09 06:37 AM
    hey guys again another question, this new update 5.0.0328 I think why is it that my blkbry moblile app that I downloaded I can't find it? Can I make an icon for it so I go to it faster or what? Help thanks
    Not sure what you mean by "BlackBerry Mobile" App. Can you clarify?
    11-12-09 05:44 PM
    No luck. i tried deleting apps like Slacker, but nothing happened. I did notice that there is only 5,000kb of RAM available. Right after a battery pull. Do you think if I do the 5.0 upgrade, it will help?
    That would be the last suggestion I could give you, software-wise. Do a backup, and upgrade your OS. If that still doesn't do the trick, I would suggest taking it to your carrier, as you may have a hardware issue.
    11-12-09 05:45 PM
679 ... 2425262728
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD