Is there any kind of app for the storm that functions like ping.fm? For those who don't know, ping.fm is a social networking site that updates any number of other social networking sites for you at the same time.

I use a lot of networking sites for personal marketing. This could be huge for me if there was an app that worked the same way that I could use right from my phone.

Thanks all
    03-03-09 05:28 PM
    I wrote an application named BlackPing that allows you to post to Ping.fm from your BlackBerry. It's still in early development (v0.0.3) but it works, I just have to work out the kinks between phone models.

Unfortunately, I can't link to it since I don't have enough posts here. Just Google it.
    03-26-09 07:24 AM
    Black ping! works for the most part, connection to PING could be more reliable thanks Zech
    04-12-09 03:32 PM
    Having trouble installing. Downloaded the file to storm, not sure how to find it and run it...any ideas?
    04-23-09 05:18 PM
    I figured it out.
    04-23-09 06:18 PM
    I wrote Pinglet earlier this year for a friend. It has the basics of posting, selecting a trigger, and viewing recent pings. I haven't had much time lately to update it but I plan to add more features.

* pinglet.mobi
    Browse to the above address via your Blackberry to download and install it.
    09-23-09 02:24 PM
    Checking it out now!

Thanks a lot erinliisa

EDIT: After trying both, I think I much prefer BlackPing | Schwenk Consulting as Pinglet crashed for me.
    Last edited by joski; 09-23-09 at 08:46 PM.
    09-23-09 07:58 PM
    Checking it out now!

Thanks a lot erinliisa

EDIT: After trying both, I think I much prefer BlackPing as Pinglet crashed for me.
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that What was the error message and what device and OS are you using?
    10-04-09 09:51 PM
    I just downloaded Blackping to my Storm2... Works great so far... Didnt even have to turn off compatibility mode
    01-05-10 01:42 PM
    I also use an Android based phone and wish there was a similar app for the blackberry. I am trying blackping but it's very basic and doesn't allow GPS or photos.
    04-11-10 08:30 AM
    Check out seesmic as they recently acquired ping. The seesmic app for blackberry was a twitter app but now does so much more. I tried it out but do not use ping enough so I am sticking with ubertwitter but it has a great interface

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD