Yes apple may have patented the sensors for the screen to turn off when the phone is put up to ur face, but blackberry could have loaded talklock or similar application as a work around to the patent issue.

LG Dare has the same sensor, so Apple never patented the sensors to turn off the screen ...
    01-15-09 09:44 AM
    Have you guys noticed that when you double tap on a paragraph or image it automatically zooms in to the perfect width? I think that is way better than pinching to the size you want. Try it out on full web page it's pretty darn useful on blogs especially.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 10:32 AM
    the storm has the potential to outdo the iphone. give it time, you'll see.
    01-15-09 10:54 AM
    the storm has the potential to outdo the iphone. give it time, you'll see.
    I only see rim fall further and further behind, they had their chance, and we got the storm. The storm should have been the palm pre. The pinch interface is awesome, they should license it from apple.

01-15-09 11:13 AM
    I would not trade PTZ for CAP, no way, no how. CAP is a much more powerful, universal, and useful tool.

"You can have my Storm after someone prys to from my cold,...., hand !

Doctor Neutron
    01-15-09 12:16 PM
    Apple has patented that pinch to zoom stuff. Do a quick search for the manual and you will see it uses a double tap. Also the iPhone is not as great as you would think and the storm is gearing up to be so much better.....
    Incorrect, apple does not have a patent on the pinch zoom, watch the CES 2009 demo of the Palm Pre, it has pinch zooming.
    02-28-09 11:14 AM
    That is/was a theme. That has nothing to do with the way the device functions. The Storm in and of itself is enough reason to switch from the Iphone. IMHO, it's a much better overall device. I believe sales will prove my opinion.
    Funny to look back and see stuff like this. Kinda gives you a chuckle when the best, biggest network which is better than ATT in every way can't muster sales that are reliably equal to the iPhone. Even if the Storm were to BEAT iPhone sales, I think the fact that they have a larger, better network kind of says something... that people are willing to put up with ATT to get an iPhone Vs ppl sacrifice nothing and gain network footprint and still grumble over the Storm... the juxtaposition says a lot.

Oh and pinch zoom. I have no idea if my storm has it. The browser works great.
    02-28-09 11:53 AM

Edit: Also the dare has the double tap feature for zooming. Anyone who says this i scomparable to the pinch to zoom feature is flatly lying or has just never used the great pinch to zoom feature.
    Had a bash on my dads and I find it more awkward to use than easy
    02-28-09 05:27 PM
    Has Apple really patented the pinch-to-zoom? The reason I ask is that in December I was on Microsoft's campus and had a chance to play with the Microsoft Surface, which they had sitting in many of the buildings' lobbies. To increase/decrease the size of an image you touch two corners and either move your fingers apart (to zoom or increase the size of the image) or move them closer (to un-zoom). I haven't seen an iPhone so I don't know if it does the same thing but it sounds similar. As for the Surface, it was awesome. I have no need for one but after trying it I really want one.
    02-28-09 06:20 PM
    Has Apple really patented the pinch-to-zoom? The reason I ask is that in December I was on Microsoft's campus and had a chance to play with the Microsoft Surface, which they had sitting in many of the buildings' lobbies. To increase/decrease the size of an image you touch two corners and either move your fingers apart (to zoom or increase the size of the image) or move them closer (to un-zoom). I haven't seen an iPhone so I don't know if it does the same thing but it sounds similar. As for the Surface, it was awesome. I have no need for one but after trying it I really want one.
    that is pinch zoom, and no, apple does not have a patent on it.
    02-28-09 08:01 PM
    that is pinch zoom, and no, apple does not have a patent on it.
    Ok now I get it. I think the question is whether or not pinch zoom is a swipe technology that falls under the patent that Apple is prosecuting.
    02-28-09 08:05 PM
    question on zooming is there an option to change double tapping cos my browser zooms with one click whic can be quite annoying at times
    03-01-09 05:31 PM
    question on zooming is there an option to change double tapping cos my browser zooms with one click whic can be quite annoying at times
    Don't press down on the screen just double tap to zoom in. One click is equivalent to a double tap on the screen when it comes to zooming in

03-01-09 08:59 PM
113 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD