Forgive me for asking this im sure its some where but i searched and couldnt find anything so..........

Why use pin instead of text?? whats the difference??
    and where do i find my pin?? im not at home so the box is not with me
    Thanks
    Michelle
    04-12-09 02:49 PM
    I believe pin uses the bb data plan ... where texting is a seperate thing. Texts will get charged if you don't have it on your plan. Go to options > status .... and it will show your pin. Also pin is just for blackberry ... it will not go to a normal phone.
    04-12-09 02:51 PM
    You can also start any kind of message and type "mypin" and your pin will be revealed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 02:53 PM
    PIN Messaging is sent over 'data' - so with an unlimited data plan, it costs you nothing. I can send PIN messages to relatives (with Blackberries) in the UK at no cost to myself or them (unlimited data plan).

SMS Messaging costs - either per message or for a package (here in the USA).
    04-12-09 02:54 PM
    thanks guys as you can tell im very new to BB this storm is my first ever
    and BTW i LOVE IT
    04-12-09 03:02 PM
    PIN to PIN goes direct to the phone, so if BIS/BES is down, you can still IM other BB users. At least thats been my experience.
    04-12-09 03:02 PM
    Also there is no 160 character limit for PIN. Quite handy when you got cool friends with blackberries!

04-12-09 03:42 PM
    You can also start any kind of message and type "mypin" and your pin will be revealed.

thanks so much for this post! I was about to made a thread on how to find this out, but ran into your post. Sweeet
    05-25-09 02:29 AM
    Forgive me for asking this im sure its some where but i searched and couldnt find anything so..........

Why use pin instead of text?? whats the difference??
    and where do i find my pin?? im not at home so the box is not with me
    Thanks
    Michelle

That's a grrrreat question.....pin messenging is freeeeeeeeee....it doesn't count towards your messaging plan or lack there of....even if the person is abroad....
    05-25-09 02:34 AM
    Its off the chain...

05-25-09 03:05 AM
    it sucks being the only person i know that has a berry
    05-25-09 03:09 AM
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that PIN msgs go BB to BB, so it matters not what carrier you r on either. ATT, VZW, T-not-so-mobile (sorry couldn't resist)... PIN msgs will always be free to another BB device.
    My favorite part is the fact that they never show up on the bill either. Out of sight, Out of mind
    05-25-09 04:02 AM
    One shortcoming is that if you are the type to update or change your BB often, you have to send out messages to everyone with your new PIN. I think you have to re-invite them to add them to BB Messenger also.
    05-25-09 08:54 AM
    thanks so much for this post! I was about to made a thread on how to find this out, but ran into your post. Sweeet
    You can also see your pin number if you go to options < status.

05-25-09 08:56 AM
    One shortcoming is that if you are the type to update or change your BB often, you have to send out messages to everyone with your new PIN. I think you have to re-invite them to add them to BB Messenger also.
    Not if you back them up first!
    05-25-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD