Thanks to a hardware analyst over at blackberry zone. Enjoy this teardown!

Storm 2 Secrets Revealed - TBZ Exclusive - Page 2 - The BlackBerry Zone Forums
    09-25-09 03:55 PM
    there was just a post on this posted by him but now its gone?
    hmmm lol strange
    09-25-09 03:57 PM
    Sal confirmed this a long time ago.
    09-25-09 04:00 PM
    there was just a post on this posted by him but now its gone?
    hmmm lol strange

Yes there was. I was in it. I hit refresh and it was gone. Wonder why it was taken down?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 04:02 PM
    Yup many tried to confirm it, but everyone wanted to take it as speculation even though facts are in their face.
    09-25-09 04:02 PM
    Well, as I posted a long time ago, the screen actually senses you pressing down on the screen (because the digitizer is capable of pressure sensitivity) and the Piezo discs just click for the feedback. The discs aren't actually the buttons making the "click confirm" portion of the press command happen. Excessive pressure on the digitizer is what the OS registers as a click. I posted this "pressure speculation" a long time ago in the first screen speculation thread I made for the S2.
    09-25-09 04:05 PM
    I do remember your pressure theory civic. The panels are called piezoelectric force sensitive resistors, also what I have stated in the past along with my "piezo electric disc" assumptions. Its also nice to see the confirmation of how the screen itself actually transfers haptic feedback. Again, revolutionary to the phone market. No other smartphone has this tech, and I'm sure RIM plans to evolve this tech, which can be used for many other things once perfected.
    09-25-09 04:28 PM
    I do remember your pressure theory civic. The panels are called piezoelectric force sensitive resistors, also what I have stated in the past along with my "piezo electric disc" assumptions. Its also nice to see the confirmation of how the screen itself actually transfers haptic feedback. Again, revolutionary to the phone market. No other smartphone has this tech, and I'm sure RIM plans to evolve this tech, which can be used for many other things once perfected.
    I am really hoping they do, as you posted before, piezo electric discs can help on the batery, camara... there was one more hehehe i forgot xD, so why wouldn't rim just keep using this tech if it has so many goodies if they don't that would be kind of dumb... unless they start with another tech even better the piezo, i knew it was piezo!!
    09-25-09 04:38 PM
    Sorry bout the link...good news, it's now linked HERE.
    09-25-09 04:41 PM
    I posted pic of Piezo discs two weeks ago on Twitter--> Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    Nice breakdown BT.
    09-25-09 06:14 PM
    Wow. Its basically material that they shouldve used for the Storm 1 lol. And Honestly. I know nothing about this stuff but its amazing how some people are really smart with these things. God Bless you guys .............................and girls!
    09-25-09 07:03 PM
    This aint no proof, its the same crap people have been posting for months now. Nothing has been confirmed about Piezo yet. Hold your horses folks. It's still speculation. That S2 that was posted on TBZ doesn't even have a working OS.
    09-25-09 07:09 PM
    Sorry bout the link...good news, it's now linked HERE.
    Shuddap u FangBanger!
    09-25-09 07:16 PM
    This aint no proof, its the same crap people have been posting for months now. Nothing has been confirmed about Piezo yet. Hold your horses folks. It's still speculation. That S2 that was posted on TBZ doesn't even have a working OS.
    Hmmm that's funny because at the time of the break down, before I wiped the device, it had an OS 5.1 sfi file loaded that WAS working the screen...

It is not speculation, it is fact. Anyone care to prove me wrong when I had it in my hands working and then dissected it?
    09-25-09 07:33 PM
    Well, as I posted a long time ago, the screen actually senses you pressing down on the screen (because the digitizer is capable of pressure sensitivity) and the Piezo discs just click for the feedback. The discs aren't actually the buttons making the "click confirm" portion of the press command happen. Excessive pressure on the digitizer is what the OS registers as a click. I posted this "pressure speculation" a long time ago in the first screen speculation thread I made for the S2.
    I'm sorry but your wrong. The screen is Capacitive only... did you miss the picture below that clearly shows the 4 buttons that sit between the Piezo discs and the Screen?
    And I'm an engineer that has designed products that use Piezo technology so I understand how it is being used for Haptic feedback... But it's all good... it's very easy to speculate when you do not have a unit working in your hands... But don't worry, you will enjoy the phone...

The unit I tore down was "clicking" actually working... before I blew away the OS...

Button...
    09-25-09 07:37 PM
    I'm sorry but your wrong. The screen is Capacitive only... did you miss the picture below that clearly shows the 4 buttons that sit between the Piezo discs and the Screen?
    And I'm an engineer that has designed products that use Piezo technology so I understand how it is being used for Haptic feedback... But it's all good... it's very easy to speculate when you do not have a unit working in your hands... But don't worry, you will enjoy the phone...

The unit I tore down was "clicking" actually working... before I blew away the OS...

Button...
    Thank god for you. I'm no engineer but I'm pretty intelligent when it comes to identifying hardware and I've been dissectong and comparing the odin screen tech with piezo and have realized that's exactly what it is. Its amazing how you can put something in someones face and they still not get it. Its piezo!! Lol how much confirmation do people need? I bet idna rocket scientist came on crackberry and said that's piezo people would still deny it. Wake up folks its not magic! I know the tech is unfamiliar to most but this is science not magic! Things like this are being created to keep up with the growing desires in a smart phone by consumers. Get with the movement!
    09-25-09 07:52 PM
    Thank god for you. I'm no engineer but I'm pretty intelligent when it comes to identifying hardware and I've been dissectong and comparing the odin screen tech with piezo and have realized that's exactly what it is. Its amazing how you can put something in someones face and they still not get it. Its piezo!! Lol how much confirmation do people need? I bet idna rocket scientist came on crackberry and said that's piezo people would still deny it. Wake up folks its not magic! I know the tech is unfamiliar to most but this is science not magic! Things like this are being created to keep up with the growing desires in a smart phone by consumers. Get with the movement!
    LOL too true my friend, too true.

And sorry if I came over harsh in my previous replies, it's just amazing when you take time to show something to people and they don't want to believe it...

But I am glad for all the people out there who are open minded enough to get it all!

Bottom line is RIM did a good job with this device... a very good job...
    09-25-09 08:03 PM
    LOL too true my friend, too true.

And sorry if I came over harsh in my previous replies, it's just amazing when you take time to show something to people and they don't want to believe it...

But I am glad for all the people out there who are open minded enough to get it all!

Bottom line is RIM did a good job with this device... a very good job...

I haven't heard one person that has played with the odin complain about it. I know people are scared of the hype because of storm 1, and all the cnet reviews and so forth, but no one realizes that we've gotten hands on reviews already from atleast five different people and all say the same thing about odin. This is even on early software! salz, kevin, cx, you, Andrew, and others have all given us your trusted opinion on the storm so why are so many people still doubting? Lol oh well I know what I'm getting when it comes out. One question though. I already have an opinion on this topic buy would like to hear yours. Not to put iphone down but because of the bar iphone set that is the phone people will naturally use as a standard comparison, besides at this point its all about apple and blackberry. How does the odin measure with the iphone overall?
    09-25-09 09:04 PM

Button...
    If the digitizer is from Synaptics, that digitizer has the ability to DETECT PRESSURE.... just like all their basic touchpads for laptops do. It's in the docs for the digitizer they make.
    09-25-09 09:58 PM
    If the digitizer is from Synaptics, that digitizer has the ability to DETECT PRESSURE.... just like all their basic touchpads for laptops do. It's in the docs for the digitizer they make.
    Is it technically possible? Yes...
    Is that what's happening? No.

Do you see the buttons in the pictures? Are you in denial about what the 4 buttons on top of the piezo discs are doing there? lol
    09-25-09 10:37 PM
    Is it technically possible? Yes...
    Is that what's happening? No.

Do you see the buttons in the pictures? Are you in denial about what the 4 buttons on top of the piezo discs are doing there? lol
    Does odin use synaptics as well?
    09-25-09 10:45 PM

well lucky for you Im here to confirm that this is indeed piezo.

(Im not a rocket scientist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)

09-25-09 10:47 PM
    interesting pictures, hopefully the technology works good this time
    09-25-09 10:53 PM
    I don't know much about this piezo technology(ok..nothing) but you folks that do, are painting a really convincing and exciting picture for us. Thanx for that!
    09-25-09 11:04 PM
    I don't know much about this piezo technology(ok..nothing) but you folks that do, are painting a really convincing and exciting picture for us. Thanx for that!
    It should be exciting, its new haptic feedback methods.
    09-25-09 11:07 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD