Hi All,

I have not found a post on this so I decided to post up some pictures of my Storm with installed Invisible Shield (installed by me). Sorry for the lint on my Storm (not bubbles), I'll try to clean it better and post some Macro shots later.

By no means, I'm a professional installer nor work for IS. This is how I did mine and I have no problems with the touch screen.

Here's how I did the installation:
    1. Wash hands to remove all natural oil
    2. Use a microfiber cloth to clean Storm of all lint
    3. Spray Fingers with IS solution
    4. Remove backing from IS Film
    5. Spray IS Solution on Film only (not on Storm)
    6. Place IS Film on Storm
    7. Remove bubbles/excess Solution from under Film
    8. Let Storm sit 8-12hrs without playing with it

If you think of an analogy, think of your car when you had the windows tinted (if they're tinted) They clean the windows well, wet their hands, remove the backing, spray the tint, remove all the bubbles then you cannot roll down the windows for a day.

11-28-08 02:02 PM
    looks awesome...cant wait to get mine!
    11-28-08 02:26 PM
    Here's some Macro Pictures Taken with my Canon 30D.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by 808bb; 11-28-08 at 02:54 PM.
    11-28-08 02:29 PM
    did you put it on a certain way or start at the bottom or top??? i got mine in the mail today and i'm going to put mine one how hard the airbubbles do get out and how damp do you make the IS before putting it on your phone?
    11-28-08 02:30 PM
    looks great...i put on GA yesterday and came out great too
    11-28-08 02:31 PM
    if u squeegee out the liquid of the IS wouldnt it fall into the screen gap and i want to get one so is it like perfect any negative feed back at all...where did u get it do u have a promo code
    11-28-08 02:34 PM
    did you put it on a certain way or start at the bottom or top??? i got mine in the mail today and i'm going to put mine one how hard the airbubbles do get out and how damp do you make the IS before putting it on your phone?
    I placed the screen from the shorter end (I did mine from the speaker side to the buttons) to make sure it's aligned correctly, left-right-up-down.

to remove the air bubbles start from the center and work your way out. I Lightly sprayed the "wedge" that came with the IS so it can slide better when removing the bubbles.

I made the IS pretty damp (if i had to guess 3-4 sprays)

when removing the bubbles use a cloth or towel to wipe up the excess solution as it comes out from the sides.

The key to installation is to take your time, really take your time.
    11-28-08 02:37 PM
    did you turn your phone off while you did it? i just got mine and im thinking i should wait til tonight to put it on, so it can dry out while i sleep
    11-28-08 02:39 PM
    Does the IS affect the touch screen at all? I've read a couple posts that say their touch screen work horribly after putting on the IS.

Thanks
    Nice pics too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 02:41 PM
    if u squeegee out the liquid of the IS wouldnt it fall into the screen gap and i want to get one so is it like perfect any negative feed back at all...where did u get it do u have a promo code
    I used a towel to catch the solution as it came out from the sides.

As for the negative feedback, I really don't have any. I've used IS for some time on electronic screens. On a PSP, iPod Touch, Camera, Nintendo DS

I Pre-ordered it directly from IS with no Promo Code.
    11-28-08 02:43 PM
    looks great...i put on GA yesterday and came out great too
    Great to hear. I believe we all invested in this and need to protect it, it doesn't matter which company you use, protect your investment!!!
    11-28-08 02:45 PM
    Does the IS affect the touch screen at all? I've read a couple posts that say their touch screen work horribly after putting on the IS.

Thanks
    Nice pics too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've had no problems with the touch screen.
    11-28-08 02:46 PM
    any recommendation when trying to get out the air bubbles as thats always the hardest thing
    11-28-08 02:48 PM
    did you turn your phone off while you did it? i just got mine and im thinking i should wait til tonight to put it on, so it can dry out while i sleep
    I did turn off the phone. I would put it on near dusk so you do have some sun light and yes, don't play with the phone after you install, let it dry while you sleep
    11-28-08 02:48 PM
    any recommendation when trying to get out the air bubbles as thats always the hardest thing
    Start from the middle, lightly spray the installation squeegee with some solution so it glides smoothly on the IS.

Wipe excess solution after every pass.
    11-28-08 02:52 PM
    any ideas about putting it on the back side as well as far as spraying do i spray the back as well???
    11-28-08 03:04 PM
    If anyone is worried about solution getting down between the screen, my friend used a can of dust remover to blow away the excess solution as it came out from under the film
    11-28-08 03:05 PM
    any ideas about putting it on the back side as well as far as spraying do i spray the back as well???
    I'm guessing the battery cover...I took off the battery cover and then installed. Yes I did spray the cover and the IS film.

If it's around the camera lens area and speaker, I just sprayed the film
    11-28-08 03:09 PM
    Great pictures! I just installed my IS full body shield and it works perfectly. I was a bit skeptical about it since others were having problems, but I'm glad that it came out well. You're right, the key is definitely time.
    11-29-08 07:12 PM
    i'm way to ***** to do this ****, I'm just going to have to protect my investment by being careful... if an accident happens, I got insurance so whatever
    11-29-08 07:20 PM
    also, i used to install my BSE/IS skins in a steamy bathroom.

The steamy bathroom is supposed to prevent lint from getting underneath the skin, and its always worked amazing for me.

I am unclear, is IS telling you to spray liquid directly on the screen/device?

I believe when i install the BSE, i just dip the back of the BSE skin in the solution, then apply it, they tell you not to spray anything directly on the device.
    11-29-08 07:24 PM
    I just installed my Invisible Shield this evening and it went on really easy. I turned it off, took the battery out and followed the instructions taking my time, making sure I didn't get any extra liquid around the opening around the screen.
    11-29-08 09:58 PM
    Glad to hear about the good installs
    12-01-08 12:34 AM
    congrats! you did a great job. I'm nervous about doing mine by myself with the liquid and stuff so still not sure. I should get it in the mail this week but shaky about doing it myself. oh well we will see. lol!! you did a great job!
    12-01-08 12:59 AM
    I installed mine on Friday night.

Good results, I know I'll do better next time now that I hav experiance.

I like th "orange peel" on the body as it really feels like it improves grip, I can even lean my Phone against my desktop PC at work and it doesn't slide flat.

I do not care for the orange peel for the screen. Just a personal preferecne it seems to me that the same thing that improves grip slows my finger's "slide speed" across the screen.

the only other thing I don't like is there is no coverage on the 4 cornors of the device. the areas mostlikely to take the impact of a drop.
    12-01-08 12:43 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD