Dial contact, send SMS/PIN, email and browse website using picture ids. No need to remember phone numbers again or what the person looks like. Just snap the picture with the camera application or use any GIF, PNG or JPG picture and use it in Picture Dial.

Not only can you dial contacts but you can also send SMS/PIN, Email and browse contact website.

Supports Storm Touch, Click and Swipe.

Requirement:

* BlackBerry� OS 4.7.075 and Higher

Features:

* Supports Storm 9500 and 9530
    * Supports PNG, GIF and JPG pictures
    * Supports Internal and SD card memory
    * Supports Contact lookup when creating new Picture Dials
    * Supports Landscape and Portrait modes
    * Send SMS/PIN and Email
    * Browse contact website
    * Rearrange PictureIDs
    * Swipe to see more picture IDs
    * Send quick SMS. No need to type
    * Edit and crop picture
    * Custom color for contact labelling
    * Run PictureDial in background for instant access to your Picture Dials
    * Very easy to use

Compatibility:

01-12-09 01:26 PM
    Awsome! Im going to give it a shot!
    01-12-09 01:29 PM
    I like the look of this!

Question - Does it just pull the contact information directly from the BB Contacts list? or does it have it's own database?

Is there a way to make one or more of the buttons a one-click speed dial without having to make a "fake" entry in my contacts list with only a single contact method?

I'm getting really tired of too many choices with the BB system. The BB insists on asking me 6 questions for every action.

I'm just looking for something that gives me a single button that says "Wife's Cell" or "Mom & Dad"...that's all I want!
    01-12-09 02:57 PM
    Ohh very nice, I'm going to have to give it a try.
    01-12-09 03:10 PM
    I like the look of this!

Question - Does it just pull the contact information directly from the BB Contacts list? or does it have it's own database?

Is there a way to make one or more of the buttons a one-click speed dial without having to make a "fake" entry in my contacts list with only a single contact method?

I'm getting really tired of too many choices with the BB system. The BB insists on asking me 6 questions for every action.

I'm just looking for something that gives me a single button that says "Wife's Cell" or "Mom & Dad"...that's all I want!
    pictureDial has it's own database. you can do a lookup in the Contacts or manually enter the person's info eg: phone, email etc...

PictureDial is not contacts replacement but for all your favorite and most used contacts.

you can assign a single phone number and/or office, email, Pin and web.
    01-12-09 03:35 PM
    whats the difference between the "picturedial" and the "picture id"? besides the 5 dollar price difference. has anyone had the chance to compare?
    01-12-09 03:43 PM
    If someone from the database calls you will it show their picture?
    01-12-09 03:45 PM
    whats the difference between the "picturedial" and the "picture id"? besides the 5 dollar price difference. has anyone had the chance to compare?
    pictureDial lets you dial number, send email, sms etc..

PictureID is a full screen callerID for incoming calls. It also has ringtone support.
    01-12-09 03:50 PM
    If someone from the database calls you will it show their picture?
    Not. You need PictureID for this.

Toysoft Development, Inc. - Ringtones, Palm Security, blackberry, Treo, Picture id
    01-12-09 03:51 PM
    works well with most frequent contacts that are used. Just click on the picture and it gives you all phone numbers and email address associated with that contact.

you can also test drive it using the trial version
    01-12-09 03:55 PM
    so the "picture id" will not show pics of people in my contacts when you are browsing through them?
    01-12-09 04:00 PM
    so the "picture id" will not show pics of people in my contacts when you are browsing through them?
    I'm not sure what you are trying to get at but "pictureID" will let you see thumbnails when you add contact pictures to picture id.
    01-12-09 04:06 PM
    No, it will not. It's a separate application that uses the pics that are most likely stored on your memory card.
    01-12-09 04:06 PM
    so can we use both of the programs together?
    01-12-09 04:35 PM
    My take so far:

The thumbnails are way too small for me to figure out who is who without first going back to my pictures folder to figure it out.

The editing of the pic is very cumbersome. When you load the picture in it is a little stretched out. If I use screen clicks to zoom in/out it becomes even more askew. Then trying to move the red box over the face so that it is centered is a feat in itself.

I find the picture cropping that is built into the native Contacts to be very nice. Tapping to zoom is a nice feature.

I also have PictureID and find that the pic that loads is stretched out.

Am I doing something wrong? I like the end result of the loaded pics (only accomplished 3 myself so far and they don't look right) you display on your site. What is the pixel/inch size of the cropped image. Maybe I'll go crop some pics of models off the web so they will look as nice as yours.
    01-12-09 04:52 PM
    My take so far:

The thumbnails are way too small for me to figure out who is who without first going back to my pictures folder to figure it out.

The editing of the pic is very cumbersome. When you load the picture in it is a little stretched out. If I use screen clicks to zoom in/out it becomes even more askew. Then trying to move the red box over the face so that it is centered is a feat in itself.

I find the picture cropping that is built into the native Contacts to be very nice. Tapping to zoom is a nice feature.

I also have PictureID and find that the pic that loads is stretched out.

Am I doing something wrong? I like the end result of the loaded pics (only accomplished 3 myself so far and they don't look right) you display on your site. What is the pixel/inch size of the cropped image. Maybe I'll go crop some pics of models off the web so they will look as nice as yours.
    yes the thumbnail is 32x32 pixel. it takes a long to generate if you have many pictures. the best is just turn off thumbnail and use filenames if know which is which

the croping isnt very complex. It just basic zoom in and out. if you tap on the top left and top right it will zoom out both X Y and bottom left and bottom right zoom in.

if you can edit the pics then resize them to 120x120. This will look good.
    01-12-09 08:40 PM
    so can we use both of the programs together?
    yes. both works great.
    01-12-09 08:41 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm getting much better results creating my own postage stamp images on the PC and saving them to a Contacts folder inside my SD pictures folder. Editing directly on the BB I'm finding it a little easier to crop in landscape mode.

One thing that is not working is sliding to see more contacts. I've got 15 created, but I can only see the first 12.

Is there a v1.0.3 version for the Storm yet?

Thanks.
    01-13-09 01:19 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm getting much better results creating my own postage stamp images on the PC and saving them to a Contacts folder inside my SD pictures folder. Editing directly on the BB I'm finding it a little easier to crop in landscape mode.

One thing that is not working is sliding to see more contacts. I've got 15 created, but I can only see the first 12.

Thanks.
    hmm... if you are on the first page just swipe to the left to see page 2. Don't click and swipe. just touch the screen and swipe left or right
    01-13-09 11:23 PM

Thanks.
    hmm... if you are on the first page just swipe to the left to see page 2. Don't click and swipe. just touch the screen and swipe left or right.

the Storm version is currently at 1.0. 1.0.3 is for other devices.
    01-13-09 11:29 PM
    I don't mean to be a complainer or a buzzkill..but this is a perfect reason why Apple and the iPhone are pounding on WinMo and other OS phones.

UI, UI, UI. Graphics on this are horrible. Jagged edges on icons, photos don't auto size with ease from outlook/exchange embedded pics so they look grainy sloppy. Why is it HTC on WinMo and finally now on Palm we are starting to see graphics that rival what Apple and most OSX dev. shops consistently kick out. There product isn't always the best but they kick everyones *** in UI/Presentation. Bottom line is eye candy sells. I love the functionality for business that WinMo and Blackberry are typically ahead of the curve with, but for god sake can someone make something that's not an eyesore.

I personally get annoyed by this type of graphically challenged app. Find a graphic designer to help you. I'm sure your back end code is great, but without good presence in the UI it will always be an average app at best.

Before you flame me, as I know a certain amount of people will and I won't waste my time responding back, yes I know the SDK has only been out for a short time, that's no excuse for releasing apps that look like dog. OK off my rant now. Good luck with your app.
    01-14-09 10:36 AM
    hmm... if you are on the first page just swipe to the left to see page 2. Don't click and swipe. just touch the screen and swipe left or right.

the Storm version is currently at 1.0. 1.0.3 is for other devices.
    Ok, either my brain works backwards, or your developer's does. I was trying to swipe from the bottom up. It never occurred to me to try it sideways. I guess because I am used to scrolling up and down in everything else. I see now that I can swipe sideways.

Yeah, I saw 1.0.3 for the other devices, but I saw on that version that contacts can be imported. Unless that means the same as 1.0 in that you can click on Contact Lookup when creating a new id. I assumed it to mean you can bring in all your contacts at once.

Thanks.
    01-14-09 03:53 PM
    Ok, either my brain works backwards, or your developer's does. I was trying to swipe from the bottom up. It never occurred to me to try it sideways. I guess because I am used to scrolling up and down in everything else. I see now that I can swipe sideways.

Yeah, I saw 1.0.3 for the other devices, but I saw on that version that contacts can be imported. Unless that means the same as 1.0 in that you can click on Contact Lookup when creating a new id. I assumed it to mean you can bring in all your contacts at once.

Thanks.
    Sorry for the swipe confusion.

import is only for 1.0.3. with the Storm version we limited the pictureID to 2 screens max 24 contacts. so importing all the contacts was taking out.
    01-14-09 05:12 PM
    Looks like a good app
    01-14-09 05:42 PM
    I used my company logo to create an ID for my work voicemail and then tried to do a lookup on the contact. It would bring in the name, but would not import the office phone number. I have the phone number configured with a few pauses inserted, so that could be the reason. I was able to do a copy and paste and that worked fine. The work number and the Notes field are the only things populated in this contact. The notes field is pretty full with directions on using the my voice mail system. Just wanted to give you a heads up to check into it.
    01-14-09 06:33 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD