I don't know if there's a thread that was established similar to this one already, so if there is please disregard it.

I know there's a lot of threads saying the camera is horrifically slow, so I thought maybe this would help. I was playing with the camera on my phone for awhile, messing around with the color effects and whatnot, and discovered a "Night" (Isn't that obvious, lol.) setting in the White Balance options. Simply select the option when taking pictures in normally lit or dark spots and you're camera will snap faster, significantly. Try it and compare it to the other options. Your camera screen won't even slow down when you move it!
    06-16-09 11:30 PM
    Thanx for the info. I'm about to try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 11:38 PM
    i dont kno... i think it is FASTER!!! but let me mess with the quality. i rather choose quality over speed anyday... except the day i see some crazy stuff and i need a quick shot not this annoyingly slow "let me take my time" pics!!!
    06-17-09 12:02 AM
    The quality is just as fine IMO, unless you're photogenic.
    06-17-09 12:13 AM
    Wow that is crazy how much that speeds up the shot indoors.
    Can't believe i haven't seen this tip before.
    Good job!
    06-17-09 04:38 AM
    Wow that is crazy how much that speeds up the shot indoors.
    Can't believe i haven't seen this tip before.
    Good job!
    No sweat! I bet anyone coulda found it if they looked.
    06-17-09 01:52 PM
    Doesn't make it any quicker. Are you guys letting it autofocus first? There really isn't any delay on .148 when taking pictures after it autofocuses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 02:42 PM
    thanks for the tip, just tried it, it doesn't seem to do anything on mine, oh well, thanks anyway! now i need to figure out color issues, they never seem right...
    06-17-09 03:47 PM
    Good tip, but honestly, the camera is the one fast thing on my phone IMO
    06-17-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD