Ok, I took a picture today and the thumbnail shows up with a yellow lock on top of it. Then I open the picture and go to its properties and it says its "forward locked". Which apparantly means that I cannot send it through text, email, or anything. And I took the picture just so I could text it!

Can anyone please tell me how to make it not "forward locked"?

Thank you very much!
    06-01-09 07:45 PM
    I haven't come across this yet but there are a few things you could look in to. I'm not sure if this will fix the issue but its worth a try.

Do you have media card files encrypted?

Maybe compression of media is also enabled and creating some sort of problem?

Are you trying to send the picture (literally) right after you've taken it? I've read posts that stated it could corrupt the file. You should take the picture, close the camera and then try opening the file or sending it.

If that doesn't help, hopefully someone will be able to give you some guidance. Good luck!
    06-01-09 09:28 PM
    I haven't come across this yet but there are a few things you could look in to. I'm not sure if this will fix the issue but its worth a try.

Do you have media card files encrypted?

Maybe compression of media is also enabled and creating some sort of problem?

Are you trying to send the picture (literally) right after you've taken it? I've read posts that stated it could corrupt the file. You should take the picture, close the camera and then try opening the file or sending it.

If that doesn't help, hopefully someone will be able to give you some guidance. Good luck!
    Yes that's exactly what happened. I took the picture, went to send it through MMS right away, the screen kinda froze, then I just clicked end a few times to get back to the homescreen. Then when I went to send the picture again it came up as "forward locked".

Is there anyway to reverse this corruption? Or am i completely !@#$ed?
    06-02-09 11:58 AM
    I actually received a really good tip when I had the same problem. Grab the free program "Capture It" off the OTA downloads from Crackberry. Set it to a convienence key, open the picture in question, hit the button you assigned to Capture It, and viola! you now have a copy of the picture that isn't forward locked.
    06-02-09 01:04 PM
    I actually received a really good tip when I had the same problem. Grab the free program "Capture It" off the OTA downloads from Crackberry. Set it to a convienence key, open the picture in question, hit the button you assigned to Capture It, and viola! you now have a copy of the picture that isn't forward locked.

Very nice tip and definitely a solution to the problem at hand.

FYI, capture it will show up when you hit the bb key. It doesn't have to be assigned to a convenience key to work.

Thanks chrlshrdy...
    06-02-09 01:06 PM
    I'm curious though....the quality must be different when comparing the image itself and a "capture it" copy....

I guess losing quality is a sacrifice you'd have to make.
    06-02-09 01:09 PM
    It does change the resolution of the picture, however on the phone it still looks the same.
    06-02-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD