Crucial, no offense, but 35 is not a lot. With the browser cache being localized on the limited 128MB, unless the browser flushes the cache quickly on its own, it'll be real easy to fill up that amount of memory when browsing, especially if the browser is set to High resolution pictures and you browse sites that have a lot of data on the screen. If RIM didn't set a "cache size" limitation value in the browser, I'll kill 35MB in no time during one browsing session if I tried. I did so with a Curve when I tried one. Imagine how much I have to clear the cache on my 8830. Ya, anoying!
    Ugh! HUGE issue for me! This was the reason I got rid of my Curve.

I have had an e71 since and no such issues but was hoping to to get back in bed with Blackberry with the Storm....this makes me wonder...
    11-16-08 10:33 PM
    128MB flash. You're limited to that for OS/Apps/Themes/Data. Media can be stored on the other 1GB internal or extra Memory Card.
    Ah thanks for the clarification.
    11-16-08 10:38 PM
    Crucial, no offense, but 35 is not a lot. With the browser cache being localized on the limited 128MB, unless the browser flushes the cache quickly on its own, it'll be real easy to fill up that amount of memory when browsing, especially if the browser is set to High resolution pictures and you browse sites that have a lot of data on the screen. If RIM didn't set a "cache size" limitation value in the browser, I'll kill 35MB in no time during one browsing session if I tried. I did so with a Curve when I tried one. Imagine how much I have to clear the cache on my 8830. Ya, anoying!
    Not a lot at all. 30ish is where my pearl was, almost 50 with my curve because of the increased memory. I was hoping with the storm that my memory would go up just as much...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 11:28 PM
    It should be 40-45. But 35 is not low. Have you not considered what all is already loaded? Geez 35 is a lot of space.
    I've come to terms with the fact that it's not worth the headaches to argue with Civic lol
    11-16-08 11:29 PM
    Stop...Watching... Pron! LOL
    11-17-08 12:18 AM
    hmm .. that is pretty low... but .... as long as we can manage the catch were good .
    11-17-08 12:25 AM
    Stop...Watching... Pron! LOL
    That pron will get you every time!!
    11-17-08 12:38 AM
    I agree that its pretty low.. my current phone cough cough has about 213mb used in apps some of the apps are useless but none the less I did add quite a bit of things.
    11-17-08 02:56 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD