Can a kind soul please post a screenshot of the larger font keyboard I'm reading all about here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 03:49 PM
    i hate the larger keyboard font, thats why .99 is so much better than .90
    02-09-09 03:54 PM
    Can a kind soul please post a screenshot of the larger font keyboard I'm reading all about here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1... I second that request.

I went straight from .85 to .99 skipping the buggy .90, so curious to see what all the fuss is about...
    02-09-09 04:31 PM
    i hate the larger keyboard font, thats why .99 is so much better than .90
    Thats your opinion...I'm still with .90 because it's been much more stable for me than other have been saying. Plus I love the bigger keyboard.
    02-09-09 04:32 PM
    I preferred .90's keyboard but .99's stability.
    02-09-09 04:51 PM
    Yeah the larger font keyboard is really where it's at.
    02-09-09 04:53 PM
    02-09-09 05:01 PM
    It appears that the keyboard is not bigger...just the fonts seem bigger on the individual keys...IMO.
    02-09-09 05:06 PM
    in landscape it is larger and has a little more space between the keys making it a LOT easier for ME to type
    02-09-09 05:08 PM
    It appears that the keyboard is not bigger...just the fonts seem bigger on the individual keys...IMO.
    you are correct
    02-09-09 05:13 PM
    in landscape it is larger and has a little more space between the keys making it a LOT easier for ME to type
    How can the keys be larger and also have more space between the keys
    02-09-09 06:01 PM
    The screenshot of the keyboard in portrait mode looks the same to me- as in, the font does not look noticeably larger. And honestly, I'm not sure why we would need a bigger font. The font for the keys in .75 is more than legible.

More spacing in between the keys and/or larger keys on landscape mode is something I'd like to see a screenshot of, though...
    02-09-09 06:06 PM
    02-09-09 06:28 PM
    It's your eyes playing a trick on you. Just the letters are bigger.

BTW, I laugh every time I see this keyboard. I can't believe you guys like that more. The word Space doesn't even "fit" on the button. lol
    02-09-09 06:36 PM
    BiGger keys are very welcomed on touchscreen phones. Did the .99 and went back to .90. Yes .90 little buggy but with scheduled qUickPull every morning, .90 quite manageable not to mention faster. Bigger fonts are better but I guess that's just my opinion
    02-09-09 06:38 PM
    The bigger fonts look quite tacky if you ask me.
    02-09-09 09:22 PM
    installed .100 it has the bigger keys, but reinstalled .99. i would rather have a smooth running storm that bigger keys any day.
    02-09-09 09:25 PM
    i also seem to have less of that glass effect on the buttons with .99
    02-09-09 09:26 PM
    I'd gladly trade in smaller fonts for bigger keys.... :-P

No but really.... there really is no good reason to have all that wasted space in between the keys on the keyboard in landscape mode. .75 of a millimeter would be a large enough space between the keys, especially since there is also a line surrounding the keys at the edges which, depending of the design of the toch/detection scheme used (i.e. when you are about to miss a key and touch the line: does it still detect that as a key stroke or does it not detect anything at all, or maybe even jump to the next key altogether) could save a lot of space if that were to be used as a true separator. Maybe even .5 of a millimeter would be enough space between keys than. This would REALLY make all keys noticably bigger and easier to type on, especially for storm newbies which would keep a lot of people on board with this device since you get a storm to text anyway.... instead of moving over to a device with real keys or even, most likely, a device with a larger slider keyboard with real keys and bigger ones at that.

I really doubt if it would look any less nice if you aren't used to anything other then less space.... being new users that is. We as existing users would keep the device anyway and just get used to the new keyboard.

IMO it would improve things a lot. Not just the font bigger, but really redraw the key size and its detection.

I can't figure out in landscape mode what is the detection method used when slowly sliding my finger from one key to another anyway. So that would from a design point of view not really matter.

Maybe the middle line which separates left from right part of the keyboard could be put closer together too, but instead of using the larger space to distinguish between the two halves a colored line could be used on the right side of TGV and on the left side of YHB...
    something like that.
    02-10-09 04:11 AM
    just put the friggin iphone bubbles on the keys. Glowing blue under one of the 4 keys my finger is obscuring is senseless. Why reinvent the wheel.
    02-10-09 06:22 AM
    I hate this argument and the bigger keyboard looks like crap. "Space" doesn't even fit on its key. The keys themselves aren't any bigger at all and it serves zero (0, nada, none) purpose having the font bigger outside of being slightly less crisp and less attractive.
    02-10-09 09:05 AM
    I still manage to type better with the larger font... maybe the larger letters register in my brain faster, lol. It's definitely less attractive though. I'm running the 99/90 hybrid and ended up with the larger keyboard as a carry over.
    02-10-09 09:08 AM
    I hate this argument and the bigger keyboard looks like crap. "Space" doesn't even fit on its key. The keys themselves aren't any bigger at all and it serves zero (0, nada, none) purpose having the font bigger outside of being slightly less crisp and less attractive.
    Thank you.....
    02-10-09 11:20 AM
    The way it was on .76 was fine. There is no need to change this.
    02-10-09 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD