I kinda have a problem, I am trying to choose what phone to go with and kinda stuck. First of all was a first gen storm, was my first cellular, had that for 1 year contract. That was up, was my first smart phone. Didn't mind it, I went with the droid in January, my friend liked that and picked up my contract for me, so contract free again. I am on att prepaid right now, can't complain, except for $(*&*(_) lg neon phone sucks.

I tried the incredible out for verizon 30 day trial, did not like that, got the storm 2 instead, loved it, but was a little to slow for me. I kinda like google voice search, integrated gps, and speech to texting. Those features are what I like most about android phones and 2.2 is so much sweeter. The form factor of incredible(optical joystick, omoled screen, plus form factor turned me away).

So I am kinda debating what to do right now, there are some phones coming out that I wouldn't mind messing with...

I was going to go with att iphone HD, but data cap, kinda turned me away...

These are the ones I was kinda looking at when they come out; Nokia n8, moto shadow and droid 2. The iphone 4g also, a little bit. Storm 3 around christmas time....

I was kinda sticking around prepaid, so I can control all my features, plus no hidden fees for me, I was considering nabbing a storm 2 and unlocking it for att, how is that?

Anyone with any ideas or help?

I really like the form factor of storm 2, media controls to switch songs with volume buttons, surepress, bes email, but it just seems a little outdated to have a new storm 2 for a year before I can upgrade.
    Alson on a side note, I was wondering if I got the new att iphone 4g, and I use gps a lot, would that cut into the data or is that strictly different, if I get gps software with it?
    Last edited by TheGack; 06-03-10 at 04:43 AM.
    06-03-10 04:33 AM
    Hey Bud, I'm going to make this short and sweet. I own the BB Tour and the Incredible, and due to the nature of my job, I have to deal with windows based phones a lot. Here's my advice to u- WAIT FOR THE STORM 3!!!!! Unless Rim just wants to fail, I don't think they're going to mess this one up. If u like the storm 2, but you're bothered by the lack of speed(like myself), that problem will be solved.

I know that Rim doesn't normally make huge improvements with their next gen devices, but this will not be the case with the Storm3. If this device even comes close to the rumored specs, we're in for a treat, my friend.

BONUS: Verizon's LTE network is going to give the storm3 a lot more muscle. The LTE(4g) will be available in a lot of cities by Christmas.
    06-03-10 06:00 AM
    Hey Bud, I'm going to make this short and sweet. I own the BB Tour and the Incredible, and due to the nature of my job, I have to deal with windows based phones a lot. Here's my advice to u- WAIT FOR THE STORM 3!!!!! Unless Rim just wants to fail, I don't think they're going to mess this one up. If u like the storm 2, but you're bothered by the lack of speed(like myself), that problem will be solved.

I know that Rim doesn't normally make huge improvements with their next gen devices, but this will not be the case with the Storm3. If this device even comes close to the rumored specs, we're in for a treat, my friend.

BONUS: Verizon's LTE network is going to give the storm3 a lot more muscle. The LTE(4g) will be available in a lot of cities by Christmas.
    Dude, you are clearly pulling this info. out of your *** (thin air)! What are you even basing this on, because it can't be based on past performance. This is obviously wishful thinking on your part. "I sure hope that RIM get's it right with the s3!". Third times the charm, right?
    06-03-10 06:26 AM
    Not sure what you think is different about the GPS. Pretty sure all 3 phones work just the same on GPS
    06-03-10 07:04 AM
    Not sure what you think is different about the GPS. Pretty sure all 3 phones work just the same on GPS
    No I mean does using the gps eat a lot of data?
    06-03-10 07:37 AM
    GPS doesnt use data per say, but the programs that are requiring the use of GPS probably do
    06-03-10 08:15 AM
    The only time GPS would eat data is if you have A-GPS enabled (assisted). A-GPS uses network information to help calculate your position. In any event, this can be disabled in the phone options.

That said Howarmat has a point. If you're using a GPS app that saves map information on your device then there will be no associated data cost. If you are using something like Google Maps, where map information is constantly being pulled from their servers, there will be a lot of data usage.
    06-03-10 09:30 AM
    If you think there will be an LTE enabled BB out by Christmas time you are dreaming. That will be one of the last devices on the network to get LTE enabled. Heck there aren't even data sticks out there yet and those will be the first to hit the market.

I bet you first LTE enabled smartphone is at least a year out and even that is being generous.
    06-03-10 10:06 AM
    Too picky or too ADD? No offense, but you sound ADD. It's OK, you're not alone.

I would cross anything LTE off your list for now. I don't think we will see anything LTE until at least next Spring and I'm guessing the first LTE phones will come from Samsung, as I believe that is the company that has been manufacturing the test phones.

I don't plan to buy another phone until LTE, but then I said that last year too...lol! But, if I were going to buy another one this year I would be looking at the Bold 9650, the 9800 slider, or the Android phones. The Incredible is almost there, but not quite. I hope we see something like it that adds world phone capabilities and ditches the stupid layered back. Aside from the attrocious look, making the back smooth should make room for a larger battery, which the Incredible is desperate for.

Anyway, I would wipe the iPhone off the list first. The iPhone is highly overrated. It looks pretty, but I don't want to be part of the Apple Borg that is handcuffed to AT&T and (sh)iTunes. I also won't buy a phone that doesn't have a user replaceable battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 01:28 PM
    My advice is either hang on and see what the S3 has to offer of you are dead set on staying with a BB. If not, them wait a couple months for the Moto Droid Shadow. Its looking pretty sweet though not a lot is known about it at this point. There are a couple "confirmed" pictures but so far most, if not all, of the specs are educated guesses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD