Hey,

Can I choose which button makes it wake up? I usually lock it and stick it in my pocket but then sometimes something presses up against it (not that I have keys or anything in there) and it presses the screen in and turns on.

Is there a way so I can make it so that I can only press the "lock" button again and have it prompt me for the password?

Thanks in advance.

- Greg

PS: Has anybody here had major intrusion problems by the auto correct? I realize this is another question, I just don't feel like making a post about something so small. Ie. I was trying to type "Vinny" the other day and it was straight out REFUSING to let it go, it kept changing it to "Ginny" - and then when I hit "backspace" then space, like I usually do to cancel an auto correct, it wouldn't do it. Is there like a quick button to kill the auto correct without saving the msg and turning it off in options?
    01-10-09 06:34 PM
    After u type Vinny or whatever u intend to type hit the Alt key and then space. That will keep the Blackberry from Autofixing.
    01-10-09 09:41 PM
    Ah, thx for that, anybody have any input on waking on only particular keys? Or anything?
    01-11-09 12:32 AM
    with 83 and 85 the only keys that will wake it are the hard keys and the lock button.

i think with all versions the screen needs your finger click to wake it. click the screen through your shirt and youll see what i mean
    01-11-09 12:41 AM
    with 83 and 85 the only keys that will wake it are the hard keys and the lock button.

i think with all versions the screen needs your finger click to wake it. click the screen through your shirt and youll see what i mean
    Ah, you are right, the screen will not click in from "objects" - only fingers, like a regular track pad.

Well that eases my thought a lot, though the buttons on the side (volume rocker and such) press in rather easily and will wake it :-\.

Though there's no way to limit the "hard" keys though, right?
    01-11-09 01:35 PM
    I would like to do this as well. I would like to assign ONLY the end key for wake up. Any way?
    01-19-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD