No BB has threaded SMS. Threaded SMS consists of ONE on going conversation. There are no new messages. The conversation is stored under one message.
    True. I do like the way iphone handles it... mmm... <ducks>

Definitely needs work though.
    11-25-08 10:54 AM
    It would be nice if they made it like blackberry messenger, which is one big reason I wish ALL my friends had blackberries and I selfishly push them toward getting them.
    11-25-08 10:57 AM

Yep. The iPhone has true threaded SMS. It is very nice. I don't know why RIM hasn't incorporated true threaded SMS into their devices yet.
    11-25-08 11:03 AM
    It would be nice if they made it like blackberry messenger, which is one big reason I wish ALL my friends had blackberries and I selfishly push them toward getting them.
    That would work too. And yea, I wish all my friends had a BB too for BBM.
    11-25-08 11:05 AM
    Quoted for truth
    11-25-08 11:07 AM
    This is ridiculous to go though all of this nonsense with SMS. BB's are suppose to be great devices for communication, so they need to step up to the plate and update the SMS format because the one they have now is not good enough.

Yep. The iPhone has true threaded SMS. It is very nice. I don't know why RIM hasn't incorporated true threaded SMS into their devices yet.
    lol... not saying you guys are wrong for wanting this (I want it too), but remember that there are trade offs on both sides, PARTICULARLY with messaging. For instance iPhone has no push notification, MMS, unified inbox... the list goes on.
    11-25-08 11:10 AM
    the iphone was made with so much "form" in mind. I'm finding the BB to be a **** of a lot more functional, with a ton of form, but i'd still like a little more.

I'm coming from WinMo phones that were, to me, all function and almost no form (without modding the **** out of it).

Maybe we'll see some pretty software updates in the future :-)

edit:
    lol... not saying you guys are wrong for wanting this (I want it too), but remember that there are trade offs on both sides, PARTICULARLY with messaging. For instance iPhone has no push notification, MMS, unified inbox... the list goes on.
    so true. i think right now the Storm is one of the best out there for form AND function... but i think wel'l always want more form ;-p
    11-25-08 11:11 AM
    I'm coming from WinMo phones that were, to me, all function and almost no form (without modding the **** out of it).
    I know!! this is like the only thing I miss about WM. The messaging did EVERYTHING I needed (particularly 6.1 when they added threaded sms). MS has the upper hand for folks like me who use exchange... WM has direct integration. I could search for emails ANYWHERE in my mailbox, not just the ones that were synced with my phone. And the GAL integration was top notch!
    BUT... even with all that, I couldn't take the slowness (some of you think the Storm is bad...) and the crashing. I literally tried about 7 different devices with 3 different versions over a 7 year period. Each time a new device or release would come out, I would think, "Ok, they are finally going to address these issues", but nope... it was always the same old crap in a shiny new package. They seemed to be focused on adding new functionality to keep up with the Apples and RIMs of the world instead of trying to make their system stable....
    [steps down off soapbox]
    Next?
    11-25-08 11:20 AM
    And that is why there is no ultimate device. Jailbreaking helps though.
    11-25-08 11:25 AM
    Nice rant! A+

6.1 had a lot of nice improvements. But WM really was just too unreliable and was toooo much on the business end of things.

I just don't see any reasons not to have loads of eye candy with loads of functionality. I don't think they are mutually exclusive at all.
    11-25-08 11:26 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD