I hope I don't get ripped for asking this. I am a fluent Crackberry user since I got my storm and I read the forums multiple times a day. I used to have a Treo and I had SPB Mobile Shell installed. One of the great features that program had was photo speed dial. It was integrated in the today screen when the phone woke up. You could select up to 16 favorite contacts and calling or sending a message to them was quick. I know there is someone working on something similar in the other threads but I don't think it is along the lines of what I am describing. Does anyone know of an app that is out or gonna be released that does this?
    01-02-09 10:50 AM
    It sounds exactly like what delta is working on in another thread, because I've been looking for the same thing. It's still being developed, but I think it will get there eventually.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/hit-dial-face-125505/

PhoneFace is another app that already exists, but it isn't what you describe, you have to scroll through your whole list, which doesn't save any time.
    01-02-09 12:34 PM
    do a search for pocketday start beta in crackberry forums, it verry nice you can ad photo speed dial
    01-02-09 12:46 PM
    Yes! I had a Treo too and the Quick Dial feature was terrific. I can't figure out how to have my dozen or so most often called number handy without going to the Contacts list.
    01-04-09 04:52 PM
    Follow the link dobs posted above, the program by delta fox is exactly what you are looking for. It's a work in progress at this point but looks extremely promising. The more users he has as he develops it I am sure the better it will get.
    01-04-09 09:50 PM
    check pdstart does the "dial face", but also shortcuts to apps, webpages, etc it has a free 15 day trial
    PocketDay Start! Install
    01-05-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD