Just did a battery pull due to browser freeze, and this thing wont boot, no error screen, no white screen, just a whole lot of nothing ... just black screen and flashing red led, flashing 4 times then pauses and then 4 times again.

Anybody have any ideas?....

Thank you
    01-09-09 05:57 PM
    Did you try to plug it back in afterwords? hard to say but it sounds like it shorted out.
    01-09-09 06:05 PM
    Did you try to plug it back in afterwords? hard to say but it sounds like it shorted out.
    If by "plug it back in" you mean to a charger or a pc, i dont have those cables here at work... i would have to wait till i get home.

I still see the LED though
    01-09-09 06:09 PM
    Oh man. That sounds real bad.
    01-09-09 06:12 PM
    did you try pressing the power button? sorry for the stupid question, but I didn't see any indication that you tried this.
    01-09-09 06:21 PM
    yes i did....
    01-09-09 06:43 PM
    Well the damn phone is dead, no way to conect to pc, wont recognize port... cant even wipe it, still got that annoying red led flashing at me, makes me want to slam it against the wall. No matter how many times i pull that damn battery or memory card i get NOTHING.

I think im gonna get a Razr.......
    01-09-09 10:29 PM
    it happend to me once. I had to do some battery pulls and after it worked again.

(exscuse my english, I'm italian)
    01-09-09 10:51 PM
    it happend to me once. I had to do some battery pulls and after it worked again.

(exscuse my english, I'm italian)
    Paisano.... i pulled that battery 50 times already
    01-09-09 10:58 PM
    I woke up to a dead phone today also. Had almost a full battery charge when I hit the sack last night. Can't take the phone into work with me, so I didn't worry about it until I got home. Plugged it into the wall charger, and it was completely dead! Took it off a couple hours later and it's fine. Life goes on...
    01-09-09 11:01 PM
    I've had that recently after resets or battery pulls. The LED is just red and not flashing. I let it set for a moment pressed a few keys and it restarted. Once i pulled the battery again. Scary.

cw
    01-09-09 11:08 PM
    What's scary is that i didnt have any problems until today... could the fact that i unlocked the phone have anything to do with this?
    01-09-09 11:12 PM
    Mine just started doing this. The LED just blinks and sits there.
    01-10-09 12:15 AM
    1. Called Verizon
    2. Went to Verizon store
    3. Got a brand new Storm

Problem solved
    01-10-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD