UPDATE: WORK AROUND for .122 SOUND ISSUE
    YOU MUST UNCHECK "AUDIO SOURCE" FROM THE BLUETOOTH SETTINGS. The phone will then ring aloud instead of only through the earpiece. Still just a work around, but there is a fix anyway.

When i connect my bluetooth earpiece (jabra BT8040) the phone will not ring out loud... only in the earpiece. I can disable the bluetooth, it rings.

BEFORE YOU SAY SEARCH.. i have. I 've spent all day searching the threads. I've read them all.

Here's what i've tried...

1) Battery Pull
    2) Q-tip trick
    3) Unplugging/plugging in headphones
    4) Wiping memory card and different ringtones
    5) bbthumbs file on device memory (ringtones)
    6) pulling memory card out
    7) Bluetooth settings... all of them.
    8) uninstalled EVERY program with a sound option.
    9) New bluetooth (same issue)
    10) Crack Util - "reset It Policy".
    11) Creating custom sound profiles
    12) Thought it was .122.. went to .113 but no luck.. went to .75. No luck. :/
    13) JL commander wipe. No luck.

Nothing has worked. EXCEPT turning off the earpiece or disabling bluetooth.

The only clue i have is that the "Tone" feature under the screen settings for clicking the screen doesn't work either way?!?

I'm leaning to hardware now.. but my storm has been GREAT.. i don't want it to be hardware, but i'm thinking thats all thats left.

Any help or light on the subject would be appreciated.
    Last edited by PWNKAKE; 04-20-09 at 08:55 PM.
    04-20-09 08:36 PM
    I have noticed the same behaviour. I could have sworn that it would ring in the past as in pre 122.
    04-20-09 08:41 PM
    Well, as i finished my post and re-read it, it sounded hopeless and i thought to myself, i hadn't enabled/disabled EVERYTHING seperately so i tried it and found a workaround. that does not fix the issue for "Stereo Audio" but allows Bluetooth to be used and the phone to ring audibly instead of through the headset only.

YOU MUST UNCHECK "AUDIO SOURCE" FROM THE BLUETOOTH SETTINGS.

Must be something in .122 that triggers this change. Pre .122, the phone would play audio through the bluetooth headset AND ring out loud.

Post .122, the phone will only ring out loud IF you uncheck "Audio Source" from the bluetooth settings.

I suppose it will do, since when i'm using my BT to watch a movie (which is rare) i can just switch it off in settings.. but this needs to be fixed.
    04-20-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD