Sound quality is of the utmost importance to me....My Storm has excellent sound quality. I haven't had one person complain....even my friend in BC Canada says it sounds great...and I am in Florida.
    I would definitely request a replacement if the sound sucked.
    12-21-08 02:14 PM
    When i first got the storm the sound quality in the ear was great, but everyone i talked to said they couldn't hear me well and that i was muffled, i called verizon and they sent me a phone within two days.. u can now hear me very well on the phone but my ear sound quality is poor!..lol.. luck of the draw i guess.. but my 2nd storm is much better all around, so glad i called verizon to complain..
    12-21-08 02:22 PM
    How do you perform this? Everyone I talk to says my Storm sounds muffled to them.
    Dial key>menu key>options>enhanced audio + enabled>back key>save>general options>in here is the call volume/handset/headset audio, while these settings are more for you, I believe they help the sound on the other end also.
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 12-21-08 at 02:32 PM.
    12-21-08 02:30 PM
    Found this thread via search - I have adjusted both setting to boost treeble, but the earpiece stills sounds "crack-ly" (if that is really a word!) - sounds like the earpiece is defective. However, everyone says I sound fine on the other side. Might try another one for a better earpiece.
    12-26-08 03:07 PM
    go to options>mobile network >network technology

make sure its on "1xEV" only...

Take out your sim-card and leave it out, do a battery pull, when phone boots back up, do a *228, option 1

a bunch of people including myself are confirming that this some-what helps.

I had bad quality too...the last day or so has been a lot better now that I followed those instructions.

when do you put the sim card back in? What purpose does the sim card actually do if you can take it out and leave it out? I took mine out- did a pull...left it out...did an activation call (*228) and it did it all without the sim.
    12-26-08 03:21 PM
    when do you put the sim card back in? What purpose does the sim card actually do if you can take it out and leave it out? I took mine out- did a pull...left it out...did an activation call (*228) and it did it all without the sim.
    The SIM card is really on applicable if you go INT'L - so that you can use the international networks. Otherwise, it has nothing to do with usage in the US.

However, how do you remove it? I keep thinking I am going to break something.
    12-26-08 07:33 PM
    I've had the phone for three days already and its the only problem I have. When talking to someone and the volume is just about 3/4 to Full, it sounds like a blown out speaker. I imagine that this is not normal. I trried the Enhance Quality setting adjustment but it did not work.

My only fear is that they will send me a crappy replacement. Would VZW send me a brand new one in the box? Other than the voice quality the phone rocks. I would hate to get a phone that was built before mine and is in worse quality.
    12-30-08 08:50 AM
    The SIM card is really on applicable if you go INT'L - so that you can use the international networks. Otherwise, it has nothing to do with usage in the US.

However, how do you remove it? I keep thinking I am going to break something.
    Use a pencil eraser. just apply steady pressure and push upward.

Worked like a champ for me.
    01-02-09 10:20 AM
    Turn the Enhanced Audio to Boost Treble, it will make the earpiece audio sound much improved.

I've looked for this adjustment but cannot find this anywhere. Can anyone help me. I'm trying to find a working option for cleaning up this poor phone voice quality thing... I've tried updating OS, replacement phone, and about every other suggestions on CB.
    01-04-09 08:32 PM
    I think you can find this setting by going to the dial pad (green phone button) and then using the BB button, select Options. I tried all different types of settings and none seemed to be good enough for me. I took mine back and I am now waiting on the Niagara to come to CDMA.
    01-04-09 08:42 PM
    Thanks, I look everywhere for that setting.... What is Niagara?
    01-04-09 10:55 PM
    It is basically the Bold for Sprint and Verizon.
    01-05-09 07:47 AM
    my wife and i just both bought the 9530. she had a razor, i had a treo. we were both on verizon before and stayed with verizon.

both of our 9530's sound horrible to other callers. we sound like we're under the bed sheets talking and they're standing at the foot of the bed!!
    05-20-09 12:06 AM
    my wife and i just both bought the 9530. she had a razor, i had a treo. we were both on verizon before and stayed with verizon.

both of our 9530's sound horrible to other callers. we sound like we're under the bed sheets talking and they're standing at the foot of the bed!!
    Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread?

When I upgraded from .75 to one of the recent leaks, I noticed the voice quality improve significantly.
    05-20-09 07:45 AM
    Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread?

When I upgraded from .75 to one of the recent leaks, I noticed the voice quality improve significantly.
    Can someone point me to how I can update to the .83 leak? I am new to all this. Based on what I read so far most people have success with improved sound quality after the upgrade. Thanks.
    05-28-09 01:39 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD