WTF? This is my second S2 for screen issues. My bottom row still is unresponsive at times and still get multi click issues. Tech support at Verizon said since is my second phone with the same issue they are referring me to RIM. They have me on hold right now. What the heck is RIM going to do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 09:12 AM
    Oh yeah I have the latest OS 607 but even had this issue with .517 AND when this replacement arrived it had the green dot on the box with a date of 31010 and still the SAME exact unresponsive screen as the first phone. Problem is that it doesn't do it ALL the time but DOES occur several times a day where I can't even answer the phone without shaking the phone or pressing a magic spot on the screen. Sorry but this is unacceptable and I love my S2, except for this issue!

04-16-10 09:16 AM
    Typical solution of Verizon reps after they are out of solutions or maybe too early for them to brainstorm they choose to pass around the blame such as your case.....you may be better off going in the store and picking up a new one courtesy of RIM/Verizon, I'd be pissed though...

Oh yeah I have the latest OS 607 but even had this issue with .517 AND when this replacement arrived it had the green dot on the box with a date of 31010 and still the SAME exact unresponsive screen as the first phone. Problem is that it doesn't do it ALL the time but DOES occur several times a day where I can't even answer the phone without shaking the phone or pressing a magic spot on the screen. Sorry but this is unacceptable and I love my S2, except for this issue!

04-16-10 09:19 AM
    I am on my 7th curve...3 had issues...like mem card cover missing, keypad not lighting up, keypad not working. I said QC my ****
    04-16-10 09:23 AM
    How the heck do I go to store and get a new one? Tech support is saying there is NOTHINg that can be done. RIM said to me since my computer is broken right now then there is NOTHING they can do for me either! They need me to get into desktop manager in order to help me but my computer is not working right now. This blows. So RIM is transferring me BACK to Verizon!

04-16-10 09:31 AM
    Will that's sucks. Verizon should gave us the option to trade the device at a local store after a certain amount of exchanges.

04-16-10 09:35 AM
    Will that's sucks. Verizon should gave us the option to trade the device at a local store after a certain amount of exchanges.

they stopped doing that recently since people where scamming VZW for new phones.
    04-16-10 09:38 AM
    This Verizon tech support is pissing me off! They keep telling me I have to do a master reset, which is impossible because my computer is shot..So I am flucked! Stuck with a screen that SOMETIMES responds. I so WANT to end my contract RIGHT now.

04-16-10 09:41 AM
    From previous experience...the best way to go is to go in the store and receive a new one only if the phone rep notates your account and the in store rep is able to pull it up and read the note stating you are to receive one....Now with replacement devices, they usually prefer the ship method.....Get a direct contact number to whoever you dealing with, and give it a few hours (do a reset as they suggest or not) and call back stating you conducted the reset and the issues are still there....

How the heck do I go to store and get a new one? Tech support is saying there is NOTHINg that can be done. RIM said to me since my computer is broken right now then there is NOTHING they can do for me either! They need me to get into desktop manager in order to help me but my computer is not working right now. This blows. So RIM is transferring me BACK to Verizon!

04-16-10 09:46 AM
    They are getting a supervisor on the phone to see if they can ship out a certified like new device without doing a master reset. I want my S2, just one that my screen responds ALL the time, not 50% of the time!

04-16-10 09:54 AM
    Thank God Toshiba has shipped out my laptop yesterday so that should be here today or tomorrow. My laptop went buggy and its still under warranty so they fixed it.

04-16-10 09:55 AM
    Ok here is the final outcome....the lady had me on hold for awhile and she said she researched and had no complaints of this issue through tech support BUT she called a local store and that tech support said they have had customers with my same issue and that sometimes a software reset fixes it and sometimes not. She said that is the only reason why they will send a replacement because the store said they have seen this issue. I don't know what store she called but she called a store. Anyhows, my 3rd S2 is being shipped today. I hope there is NOT a screen issue with this one. The lady did have me take out my battery and ask me where the device was made at and asked me what the numbers read that were immediately before where its made at. This device was made in Canada but my first device was made in Mexico and had the identical issue as this one! We will see what I get this time around!

04-16-10 10:15 AM
    Ok here is the final outcome....the lady had me on hold for awhile and she said she researched and had no complaints of this issue through tech support BUT she called a local store and that tech support said they have had customers with my same issue and that sometimes a software reset fixes it and sometimes not. She said that is the only reason why they will send a replacement because the store said they have seen this issue. I don't know what store she called but she called a store. Anyhows, my 3rd S2 is being shipped today. I hope there is NOT a screen issue with this one. The lady did have me take out my battery and ask me where the device was made at and asked me what the numbers read that were immediately before where its made at. This device was made in Canada but my first device was made in Mexico and had the identical issue as this one! We will see what I get this time around!

Oh Verizon and RIM are so full of SH!T I am soo sick of them both alrerady. Im dumping them both as soon as Sprint drops the 4G EVO.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 04-16-10 at 06:27 PM.
    04-16-10 12:31 PM
    I love my Storm 2 but have the following issue. I am unable to press the green button during an incoming call. I turn the phone horizontally and still wont allow me to take the call. Finally, i just dropped the phone accidentally and the call was answered.

Its been doing this since day one. But i'm just too exhausted to fight verizon or RIM.
    04-16-10 12:40 PM
    I love my Storm 2 but have the following issue. I am unable to press the green button during an incoming call. I turn the phone horizontally and still wont allow me to take the call. Finally, i just dropped the phone accidentally and the call was answered.

Its been doing this since day one. But i'm just too exhausted to fight verizon or RIM.
    Nothing new but Verizon and RIM seem to think so LOL!
    04-16-10 12:44 PM

Yuppers it is exhausting and time consuming to talk to these 2 companies on the phone. I still REFUSE to settle for a screen that is unresponsive SOMETIMES! I have the same issue as you with not being able to answer a call. It is sooooo frustrating. If my next phone has problems, that one will go back too!
    04-16-10 01:14 PM
    Just curious...
    People that have problems with the touch screen on their phones.
    Do you have dry hands/skin. Capacitive touch screens don't like dry hands.
    04-16-10 01:56 PM
    Just curious...
    People that have problems with the touch screen on their phones.
    Do you have dry hands/skin. Capacitive touch screens don't like dry hands.
    I don't buy this theory either because some people use screen skins and have no problems at all. Some of these handsets just don't work properly and its about time RIM and Verizon own up to it.
    04-16-10 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD