I've had my Storm now for 33 days and would'nt you know that it just started acting up. This is my second Storm, I returned the 1st one due to the accelerometer quit working. The phone keeps turning itself on and off about 4 to 5 times a day and of course it's pretty slow compared to my old Sprint 8330. Can anybody help me or give me some tips. Running the .75 OEM software. I think I want to go to a VZW 8330 but I will be paying some bucks to do so. Thanks.
    03-23-09 09:57 AM
    Mine did the same thing...I had to take my memory card out and reformat the card. No problems now.
    03-23-09 10:03 AM
    Even after 30 days, you can get a replacement if the device isn't working.
    03-23-09 10:45 AM
    Tks man. I will give that a try.
    03-23-09 10:48 AM
    I know I can get a new device but I would rather get a Curve since I know that device is good to go.
    03-23-09 10:52 AM
    Mine did the same thing...I had to take my memory card out and reformat the card. No problems now.
    How does one reformat the memory card?
    03-23-09 10:58 AM
    I know I can get a new device but I would rather get a Curve since I know that device is good to go.
    No you don't. Curves will have an occasional bad batch produced, just like the Storm or any other device. Defect rates will always be the highest the first couple months of production while the assembly process is fine tuned. They should start to drop off sharply within 2-3 months, and plateau around 6 months.

The OS has had a couple more years to mature over the Storm's, but I'm still betting that by June everyone will have long forgotten the bumpy start the Storm got off to. You'll lose some functionality with OS 4.5 from 4.7, and not just the touch screen, but I guess it depends on if it's something you can live with or not.

And to format a memory card you can either go to Options --> Memory --> <Menu> --> Format, or just do it on your PC. Just format the card as FAT32 and you're done. Back up anything you want from it first though.
    03-23-09 11:34 AM
    Tks for your help. I think I'm gonna wipe it and start from scratch. Maybe I downloaded or deleted something that was needed or a file got corrupted.
    03-23-09 11:51 AM
    I had a curve that was horrible as well. Everynight at 7pm it would restart on its own. No questions asked. If I were in a call, forget it and would take about 15 mins to reboot. It was horrible. Go to memory under options and I think there you click the BB button and format card should show...good luck!
    03-28-09 11:37 PM
    I had that problem before the os update returned it cause it was doing that and not charging but my second one hasn't had that problem at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 11:50 PM
    I've had my Storm now for 33 days and would'nt you know that it just started acting up. This is my second Storm, I returned the 1st one due to the accelerometer quit working. The phone keeps turning itself on and off about 4 to 5 times a day and of course it's pretty slow compared to my old Sprint 8330. Can anybody help me or give me some tips. Running the .75 OEM software. I think I want to go to a VZW 8330 but I will be paying some bucks to do so. Thanks.
    Do it Chief. I sold my 4th storm for $400 on Ebay and got a new curve for $150. Take it from a retired SC and brother...the 8330 is more stable. Once the issues on the storm are fixed it will be one of the best bb's so Im just gonna wait.
    03-29-09 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD